Gaming Uh, should I be worried?

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I just installed a new PSU and everything went fine. But when I turned the computer on, I got a notice that Windows failed to start and that I could either start windows recovery or start windows normally. I started it normally and everything seems to be working, but I'm kind of scared to restart. Thoughts?

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This has happened loads of times with me. This happens to me when my computer suddenly shuts itself down (Most likely power shortage >.>). I just started it normally and it worked perfectly when restarting.
I doubt theres any difference
smile.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hatchetball said:
It was most likely the computer recognizing new parts. You should be fine.
A computer can't notice a change of power source, only the owner will notice if the new PSU is worse than the old one by the time his hardware dies one by one.

MeritsAlone is right, it's a standard Windows message you can just ignore without worries for now ignore. However, should it happen occur when you haven't been in the case of your PC, you might want to try Windows Recovery.

Edit: note to self: use correct occur next time...

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happens at least once a week to me on Windows 7. It just means that Windows wasn't shut down exactly right the previous time. Unless it happens several times in a row, it's harmless...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM