Hacking Uh....Rate my Wii? I have few questions...

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I recently got myself a Wii...dont know if it is modded or not...but it can run back up games via Homebrew Channel and SoftChipR83m Loader...so heres few questions I can think off....

1. how do i check my Wii Firmware? If I update its firmware, will it affect the channel? (like the PSP where homebrews cant be used if i should try n update it?)

2. can I play wifi games even though I'm using a back up game? Will my Wii get locked or something?

3. is it safe for me to use the channels such as forecast channel/news channel etc? I'm afraid it'll affect my Wii (same as no.2)

4. what sd card does it use?

5. are there any cheats which i can use with Wii (something like gameshark or action replay?) if yes, how do i install it?

thats all questions I can think of at the moment....
forgive me for my bad english...
and thanks in advance for your time.
moogle.gif

D

Deleted User

Dude, you're in Malaysia?

Anyway, sorry to say but, you should search first because most of your questions have been asked here.

1. Go into the Settings and take a look on the top-right corner.

2. Yep, you can

3. Yes, it is safe to use. Even Wiiconnect24 is good to use.

4. On firmware 4.0, it supports SDHC, but on firmware 3.X, it only supports normal SD Card. But homebrew channel, with the latest version, it supports SDHC.

5. Yep, google Ocarina.

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
6. Oh ya, I got myself 2 samples of back up copy to try my homebrew channels out...one is Dragon Quest:Sword and the other is DragonBallZ Tenkaichi3 and I noticed whenever a movie clip is played, it lags...issit becoz of the homebrew? or the disk? but other wise the game is fine...

again, thanks for your time...
moogle.gif

D

Deleted User

6. Game lags? Do you have a modchip or not (Malaysian-sold Wiis tend to have modchips)?

Yes = Oh my, I think your Wii is broken, send it back to the reseller. Because with modchip, backups read at 6x, the normal speed.

No = That's a normal problem. Backups read at 3x.

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
wow... a malaysian buddy!!
hey, do u mind if i ask for your msn or contact or something so we can discuss it more easier?

no idea if my wii have a modchip or not...the seller...i usually dont trust them anyways...they'll say whatever needed so u need to return there and buy accessories...

anyway, I only tried these 2 back ups and they lagged but only during playing movies...the game has no lags whatsoever...

oh ya, also tried mario vs sonic beijing olympics...when movie is played, no lags...the game is perfect.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sure there's no modchip in there. It's much cheaper just to softmod a Wii than to install a modchip.

If you want cheats, get Gamma.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Modchips enable full speed 6x reading on dvd-r whereas softchip modding is only 3x read (which is most noticable in movies). You would be better getting a modchip or research the USB Loader option and do that instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool