Uh-oh. US update on Japanese Wii (with Wiikey 1)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by el canadiano, Apr 6, 2010.

1. el canadiano
    OP

Newcomer el canadiano Newbie

Canada
    Hey guys,

I got my cousin a few games since she doesn't have it where she's from. On her Japanese Wii modded with Wiikey, she installed The Beatles: Rock Band, and I think she installed the disc update. Yeah, asking for trouble, no (I don't think she can fluently read Japanese)? Anyways, she cannot access the Wii settings at all and can no longer play backups. HOWEVER, a few of the legit US games still work. I told my folks over there that they should consult with someone who mods Wiis, but I don't know. What should I tell them?

Best Regards,
    el canadiano.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    It's a semibrick. Do you know what System Menu version she is running?

3. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    yeah because if she is using 4.2, go into the SD card menu with bannerbomb and the wad manager and install a wad of the JAP 4.2 update.

4. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Just use bannerbomb v2 to load dop-mii v12. Install ios36 with fakesign, then use ios36 to reinstall your system ios, and your system menu for your region. If you are pre 4.x, update from nsmb in your region, or use SSBB with smash stack to run dop-mii.

5. el canadiano
    OP

Newcomer el canadiano Newbie

Canada
    I know for a fact that it wasn't 4.2 (I'm 95% sure it was 3.x). She didn't configure her Wi-fi connection with her Wii from what I know. I could tell them about BannerBomb, but I don't think she knows how to hack her Wii. As I said, I told them to consult with someone who hacks/mods Wiis, because I don't really trust them with BannerBomb, to be honest :S