Hacking uh no is my wii bricked?

Eric345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I can turn on the wii and access the bootmii but the bootmii could not recover it even though I have the nand backup. plus the wiiremote won't respond the wii

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Eric345 said:
well I can turn on the wii and access the bootmii but the bootmii could not recover it even though I have the nand backup. plus the wiiremote won't respond the wii
Wiimote do not work under bootmii.
You have working bootmii@boot2? No problem. You can fix You wii in a minute.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use reset and power buttons to navigate the BootMii menu. Try booting System Menu. If that doesn't work, try booting HBC. If that works, run dop-Mii from there and reinstall the System Menu and its IOS. If HBC doesn't work, try and restore a NAND dump.

Eric345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the nand backup I made didn't work and then I got black screen when I try to go to the homebrew channnel...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eric345 said:
well the nand backup I made didn't work and then I got black screen when I try to go to the homebrew channnel...
Download the latest Hackmii Installer, extract the bootmini.elf to your sd card root, start bootmii, navigate to the sd card icon, select the bootmini.elf and start it, now you should be in the hackmii installer. Reinstall the homebrew channel, press exit and you should be in the homebrew channel.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Eric345 said:
Download the latest Hackmii Installer, extract the bootmini.elf to your sd card root, start bootmii, navigate to the sd card icon, select the bootmini.elf and start it, now you should be in the hackmii installer. Reinstall the homebrew channel, press exit and you should be in the homebrew channel.
If that doesn't work, your only option may be to use Comex's NAND Formatter. Take a new NAND dump first though, so you may be able to recover your savegames and miis. And don't try that till you're SURE there are no other options. BTW, you never said how you bricked your Wii. That might help us help you fix it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh? I don't understand: You dropped your Wii? On the floor? If so, software probably ain't gonna fix that, you're looking at a hardware issue. Can you power on the Wii with the remote?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like Bluetooth module may be broken. That stops video output working on System Menu and all IOS based stuff e.g. HBC. I didn't know that BootMii still worked with a broken bluetooth module, but I guess it must be low-level enough to work without it.

Eric345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install the homebrew channel works and I can access it now. I have to buy the wiibluetooth right?

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, the wii wasn't working and you, on your frustration, dropped it on the floor on purpose???... if thats the case then you might have raped it, more than bricked, get a new one and next time relax b4 touching your wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: