Ugh.. this launch line up is awful. I don't want anything.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by loserkidsblink18, Mar 27, 2011.

1. loserkidsblink18
    OP

Member loserkidsblink18 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, I practically crapped my pants when the 3DS was announced. Pre-ordered right away. Here I am the night before launch and I still haven't been able to make up my mind which game I want - because I don't want any of them.

What are you guys going with?

I've never really been into fighter games, so Street Fighter looks a bit stale to me.. although it seems to be the highest rated.

Nintendogs - I was decently entertained with the first one - apparently this one is the same.

Pilotwings Resort - .. eh.. [​IMG] . I played it at a kiosk.. I mean.. it was.. alright.. I guess. Kind of unimpressive giving what the 3DS can perform.

Submarine game looks like a joke.

Rayman - Pretty sure I played this game on the DS and got fed up with it.

[​IMG]

What are you guys going with? As far as I'm concerned, I'm picking up a 3DS and finishing Pokemon Black.

2. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I'm getting Pilotwings, Nintendogs + cats and street fighter.

3. Black_Knight_666

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Street fighter! it looks soo fun [​IMG]

4. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think the Rayman3D is the gamecube version remade/updated.

I believe I would go with that one of the bunch If you really wanted to buy one otherwise yeah, just wait It out till June and play your old stuff.

5. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I opted for just street fighter, nothing else interested me.

6. loserkidsblink18
    OP

United States
    I'm guessing I might as well just go with Street Fighter.. I've never played any of the other games prior. I guess it's time for me to get my Hadouken on [​IMG]

7. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    I have the same problem, I'm usually not that interested with fighting games, but I will probably get SSFIV, and then I may either get Rayman or Super Monkey Ball.

Nintendogs on the ds was somewhat entertaining, but I got bored of it fast, and the game got really wierd and buggy after I let my friend borrow it. [​IMG]

Ugh, I don't really know what to get either.

8. loserkidsblink18
    OP

United States
    I don't think I have a problem saying that this is the worst handheld/console launch I've ever seen.

Here's to Ocarina in June! [​IMG]

9. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I'm in the same boat. Not worth wasting that much good money on any of these titles. I'll just play with the built in content/DS games until something good comes out. I suppose if I did have money to burn i'd probably give Samurai Warriors a try though.

10. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    Just wait for what you want, the AR games should keep you entertained for a while, until something alright comes out. But if you NEED something I say Super Street Fighter IV

11. linuxGuru

Member linuxGuru GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I totally agree, my SuperCard DSTWO will have to keep me entertained for a while.

12. mooglazer

Newcomer mooglazer Advanced Member

United States
    @loserkidsblink182 - I feel exactly the same way. Launch titles totally suck.

What's sad is it was a toss-up between Nintendogs/SF. I decided to save my $40 and finish up Pokemon White.

F- the launch titles. One month and hopefully there'll be eShop/browser, then shortly after LOZ.

Hang in there!

13. mooglazer

Newcomer mooglazer Advanced Member

United States
    ^^^ this [​IMG]

14. 1stkirbyever

Newcomer 1stkirbyever Advanced Member

United States
    It's a 3D remake of the N64/Dreamcast version of Rayman 2. I'm thinking of picking this up as Rayman 2 was the best one out of the bunch. Now I just wish they would stop porting it to every single console.

15. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Eww, no wonder you got fed up with it.

Give it another go. It's one of my all-time favorite games, and people have been calling the 3DS version a far more adequate port than that hellspawn of a DS version. [​IMG]

EDIT: Eh. As more reviews come in, perhaps the game isn't the best version of Rayman 2 after all. It seems the opinions or Rayman 3DS seem to be heavily diffused.

16. Smogen

Newcomer Smogen Advanced Member

United States
    I am also disappointed with the launch line up. It makes sense from a business point of view because they are going to sell a lot more copies of steel diver and pilot wings than they would if Zelda was on the shelf.

I was going to get SSF4 however Yoshinori Ono is sorta hinting at bring Street Fighter x Tekken to the 3DS. It really feels like they are just trying to milk this game for all they can before Street fighter x Tekken is released and what better way to do it than making it the best launch title for 3DS. I mean the game is almost a year old already and they are going to sell millions of copies...again. As much as I like the street fighter franchise it feels like they are turning in to the next call of duty and just pumping out a new one every year.

I personally am going to try to hold out for some of the games that are coming out later on this year even though I probably won't be able to resist getting at least one. I have a bunch of games I still haven't played on NDS that should keep me busy until at least June (Golden Sun, Pokemon, Rune Factory 3 ect..)