Hacking ugh tell my brother that the tp hack and wads

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i've gotten involved in all this hacking business and installing wads and the like. So a week later my wii just all of a sudden stopped reading discs and everyone thinks its because i was hacking. I believe its because we keep knocking the wii over on its side. I sent my wii over to nintendo for repair. So now my brothers don't want it hacked at all because they think its going to "break" the wii again when i get it back from nintendo. Educate these people please.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why did you even tell them you hacked it
rolleyes.gif

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
It IS possible the hacking may of caused an issue, but its highly unlikely.
its just something wrong with the lens right? Since when does software mess up hardware anyway? (that could have been a dumb question)

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
why did you even tell them you hacked it
rolleyes.gif
"how did you get all those games?!" "What is lost winds doing on the wii menu?" "Since when did you get all these wii points?" "Why is there a channel with a black screen" "Why are there a bunch of numbers moving on the tv?" "What is snes9x?"

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's just crazy. If that would have happened, it'd probably be reported already and be on some WARNING list or w/e before you install and do whatever you want. I'd go with the knocked over on it's side thing. That's why you either play with wireless controllers or play it on it's side when using wired Gamecube controllers. It especially happens when you decide to carry a Wii with a disc inside or when a game is running and gets knocked over. The least that could happen is probably getting banned for Nintendo WFC and that has only happened a few times or maybe just a rumor. Now if the Wii is not taking disks, I'd say that's wayyyy lower than getting banned from WFC. Wait... What do you mean by "Break again" anyways? Gonna go buy a new one or something?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Solution:
Keep the Twilight Hack save on a SD card and lock it when not in use. Use the Twilight Hack to install WADs and put them on the last page. He'll never find out.

I'd try rubbing a cotton swab or something around in the disk drive.
Could be because of dust, or probably from knocking it on its side.

See brother(s), I have never seen JJBro1 on this board before so I'm not just siding with him.
I highly, HIGHLY doubt hacking is wrecking the disk drive.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
harrybuttox said:
its just something wrong with the lens right? Since when does software mess up hardware anyway? (that could have been a dumb question)
Software can cause problems to hardware...bricking lol....anyway thats most likely the problem the lens.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its probably not the hack. i installed TONS of wads on my wii, including custom VC game injections and no problems!!!!

just it falling over alot is most likely the reason why.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
That's just crazy. If that would have happened, it'd probably be reported already and be on some WARNING list or w/e before you install and do whatever you want. I'd go with the knocked over on it's side thing. That's why you either play with wireless controllers or play it on it's side when using wired Gamecube controllers. It especially happens when you decide to carry a Wii with a disc inside or when a game is running and gets knocked over. The least that could happen is probably getting banned for Nintendo WFC and that has only happened a few times or maybe just a rumor. Now if the Wii is not taking disks, I'd say that's wayyyy lower than getting banned from WFC. Wait... What do you mean by "Break again" anyways? Gonna go buy a new one or something?
i think that was just a rumor, oops i forgot to mention that i sent it to nintendo and when i get the wii back my brothers don't want it hacked because they think the lens will stop working, or in their language "break again".

Inisha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
praise the fact that my wii is in fact mine, only got it cuz i would never stop talking about it (so waited in line the day it came out, 22 out of 33 in line to get one).

fact is, people that assume that some 'software program' causes a malfunction in some hardware, only does so because they either have no idea what they are talking about or just want it to end and just to find an easy way outta the problem. i should know, my family strongly dislikes videogames, its hard for me to relate at times
frown.gif

and if it keeps tipping, just leave it on its side, they didnt put on those grip stubs for nothin

edit:also, can always do the above and prove to them that the homebrew and such is in fact harmless, then laugh in there face. that is always fun

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii is on its side, try running it horizontal(or vice-versa).

Sometimes the lens can become misaligned.

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
harrybuttox said:
JJBro1 said:
harrybuttox said:
Software can cause problems to hardware...bricking lol....anyway thats most likely the problem the lens.

Uhh... the Wii Menu is software...

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
ok so i've gotten involved in all this hacking business and installing wads and the like. So a week later my wii just all of a sudden stopped reading discs and everyone thinks its because i was hacking. I believe its because we keep knocking the wii over on its side. I sent my wii over to nintendo for repair. So now my brothers don't want it hacked at all because they think its going to "break" the wii again when i get it back from nintendo. Educate these people please.
My older sister was being annoying like your brother.She thought I was stealing her credit card to buy games.She would kill me just to know what I did.It would always annoy me to a degree that I wanted to bash my Wii on her head.

Anyways I don't think Nintendo is going to except fixing your Wii when they see the homebrew channel on it.lolz.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
harrybuttox said:
JJBro1 said:
harrybuttox said:

Uhh... the Wii Menu is software...

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you formatted the Wii, and it's still not reading discs, then there is just no way it could have gotten corrupted from "hacking"... If's it's still coming up to the Wii menu, playing music, accessing the normal channels, etc. Then your DVD drive must have just gone bad / quit working (lens, etc). And I'm assuming you don't have any mod chip (that could have come partially unsoldered/connected), or been using any other unlicensed hardware device. It's definitely a drive gone bad (dumping it on its side multiple times with a disc spinning could tear it up -- Or, it could just have gotten some dust on the lens).

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kill him. Problem solved.

Edited for Useful content:

You'll really love it when you turn 20 and move out. The fact you can do whatever the fuck you want with your stuff and not even worry about it if you fuck it up is amazing. Life is good after 20.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: does WiiVC injector script work on aroma wiiu?