Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well recently my DS Lite's hinge just broke !?

I have no idea what to do !?

What do you think i should do ?

================================================

I only know 3 things that i can try doing .

1. Get Nintendo to fix it for me !

2. Buy a replacement housing to replace the broken part .

3. Buy the housing then get someone at GBAtemp to do it for me ?

================================================

Problems with 2 of em'

I heard Nintendo charges lots !
Gonna have to survive without a DS
Surely won't loose my DS !

If i mod my DS ... i'm scared something bad might happen
blink.gif
( Snapped Power Switch , Parts not Fitting etc. )
I might never have a DS again if something horrible happens
cry.gif

Maybe someone could give me a good store to buy housing from ?

I know thieves like us can mod your DS . ( did it for science )
Only $50 but don't remember what the deal would be xD

so yea ....

what should i do
cry.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Have thieves like us do it. Nintendo takes far too long. He's a pretty reliable dude and he probably won't mind either.
Don't try and change it yourself, its a nightmare and will break your DS if you don't know what you're doing.

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
An other option is sell it on eBay and buy a new one
wink.gif

It's just a small crack in the hinge i guest, a lot of people don't care about that fact so you really could sell it for a reasonable price, and buy a new one for that
wink.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do it under warrenty if its still valid and they give you another YEAR!
smile.gif

sure maby take about a week or so but least its FREE if you call them they will send you a pre paid slip to put on the package
smile.gif

If no warrenty and they want to charge you CONTEST IT LOUD ENOUGH and they will charge a minor service charge instead of the more costly major charge
wink.gif

...in the uk its £30.50 for a minor repair charge and its £50+ for a major fault charge

.. they are getting picky about hinge issues at least in the uk so I KICKED OFF at them bigtime telling them we have 4 ds consoles and loads of games *cough* and have payed out at least a couple of thousand over the years for nintendo stuff so they charged me the minor repair charge and have now got a full years warrenty again
smile.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryjuu said:
An other option is sell it on eBay and buy a new one
wink.gif

It's just a small crack in the hinge i guest, a lot of people don't care about that fact so you really could sell it for a reasonable price, and buy a new one for that
wink.gif

Cracks in lites grow to become really big. Even if you take perfect care of it, it'll get destroyed so I don't think anyone will buy it.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
Have thieves like us do it. Nintendo takes far too long. He's a pretty reliable dude and he probably won't mind either.
Don't try and change it yourself, its a nightmare and will break your DS if you don't know what you're doing.
yeah, what Xcalibur said.
happy.gif
JPH will probably backup Xcalibur's other comments about attempting the swap yourself if you feel unsure.

seriously, though if you want your case swapped its no problem for me to perform the swap. the only thing is that I have just a limited number of replacement cases left on-hand which include the following: crimson/black, navy blue and one of the gold limited edition zelda cases. and yes, the price is 50.00usd since you're located in canada (and it costs more to ship there). pm me if you're interested.

btw, what colour is your system that you broke?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I decided to mod DS myself, and I did it with no messing up, but it took me time to research, and guts to decide and go trough with it.....If you're not completely sure what are you doing with opening your DS, just get in touch with thieves (his name isn't very encouraging
rofl2.gif
), he's got very good reputation, and you're sure he won't scam you..

If you're searching for a good place to buy a replacement case, DealExtreme would be THE best site to get it from..

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yea that's where i was thinking of getting a DS case since it's one of the cheapest places to buy !

and i might be getting a black shell to merge a white and black one to make a blite one xD ( Black + White = Blite )

so yea !

i just wanna replace the hinge to prevent the risk of breaking any cables and stuff

still gonna keep some parts of the white case and will fuse it with a black case to make a Blite DS Lite

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want it I will gladly pay you ~$50 for it or so depending on the condition. I've replaced many DS Lite shells and I think it's kinda fun.
tongue.gif

Cranberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ferrariman said:
Duct tape.

Wait, can you do this? Doesn't it make your DS look hideous?

...I might try something like this, the hinge has a crack in it, but it's not quite broken yet.

Cranberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gah, my DS got a crack in the hinge recently, too. It's not broken, but sometimes the top screen won't stay in the position I want.

I could send it to nintendo to fix it for 50$, plus there's a repair center close by, but, 50$ is a bit... over the top. D:

My dad helped me use plastic glue, but I have to wait 'till it dries to see how it holds up.

Duct tape isn't very good for the crack. D:

And another thing, are hinge cracks common?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: