ROM Hack UE4 for Switch Defaults to Higher Latency Settings - Possible Fix?

mattyxarope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Robert Taylor posted an interesting blurb about UE4 and the Switch:

The link that he posted from UE describes two variables for the engine, r.GTSyncType and rhi.SyncSlackMS. I'm not an expert in UE (like @masagrator), but are these variables something that could be edited in an ini for games that may have not known about them? Or are they console commands of the engine that can only be changed upon exporting the games from the engine?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
r.GTSyncType
Iirc this works practically only in 30 FPS, in 60 difference is practically non existent. And this is not as easy as just enabling it. You need to put some functions in correct places for this to take effect.
This setting can be easily found in UE4 documentation about latency, so dunno how you can miss it when trying to find how to fix latency.

But never tested this for 30 FPS games, so I am not sure if what I'm saying is correct.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but are these variables something that could be edited in an ini for games that may have not known about them?
If those options don't require manual implementations of some functions, then Yes. But executable will search for it only if executable has this line adapted in binary and only under fixed categories.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: mattyxarope

mattyxarope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc this works practically only in 30 FPS, in 60 difference is practically non existent. And this is not as easy as just enabling it. You need to put some functions in correct places for this to take effect.
This setting can be easily found in UE4 documentation about latency, so dunno how you can miss it when trying to find how to fix latency.

But never tested this for 30 FPS games, so I am not sure if what I'm saying is correct.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If those options don't require manual implementations of some functions, then Yes. But executable will search for it only if executable has this line adapted in binary and only under fixed categories.

Thanks for explaining! I knew you'd come through with some good info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1