Ubisoft to bring Child of Light and Valiant Hearts to the Switch

child-of-light-walkthrough.jpg

Two Ubisoft developed and published titles will be making their way to the Nintendo Switch later this fall. The first of which will be Child of Light, a 2014 platforming game with turned based RPG elements. It'll also have a co-op mode, where you can pass a second Joy-Con off to another player to control your second party member. Child of Light will release both physically and digitally on October 11th. Another 2014 game, Valiant Hearts: The Great War will also be headed to the Switch. In this game, you play as five different characters and their dog as they travel through France in the midst of World War 1. The Switch port will have new touch controls, and a short story comic that acts as a prequel to the game's story. Valiant Hearts will also get a retail and eShop release on November 8th.

:arrow: Source

Game Trailers

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Child of Light should have a sequel. It's a really great game. I rarely see people talking about it nowadays, but it's a really great game and has really awesome mechanics.

Reactions: Deleted User

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Child of Light is really amazing, nice sound tracks and style, too bad it's another port and not a sequel.
It's already on ps3, ps4, PS Vita, Xbox1, Xbox 360, PC, WiiU, come on.

Valiant Hearts? never heard of it.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Never played any of them
Feedback?
Child of Light is fucking excellent. Never played Valiant Hearts.
Valiant h
Child of Light is really amazing, nice sound tracks and style, too bad it's another port and not a sequel.
It's already on ps3, ps4, PS Vita, Xbox1, Xbox 360, PC, WiiU, come on.

Valiant Hearts? never heard of it.
Valiant heArts is a visual novel type of game. Telling a story about a veteran soldier and its journey through war. Its compelling and nice if it would suit your taste. Its very story based / story driven. If you ever heard of the Old Man's journey, it is similar But more action packed. I played it on mobile.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
portendo strikes again!
seriously, they should get some new titles instead of just ports if they really want people to buy a switch.
Nintendo has nothing to do with that
it's ubisoft decision ;)

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
portendo strikes again!
seriously, they should get some new titles instead of just ports if they really want people to buy a switch.
I see people say this often, and it's silly. There's a steady trickle of new releases all the time if you bother to look. Besides that, what's wrong with getting ports on top of what's already coming out?

Let's run some numbers. The Switch has been out for a year and five months and already has 1,274 games available for it (source). In comparison, the PS4 and Xbox One have been out for roughly 5 years and have 1,808 games (source) and 1,606 games (source) respectively. So in little over a year, the Switch has 70-80% the amount of games as the other two consoles. Nintendo has also committed to releasing 30-40 games on the eShop every week, as per a recent investors briefing.

In truth, the Switch has received plenty of new games. but it's also received a metric fuckton of older games in a very short period of time. So why do you keep hearing about ports and not new titles? Simple: Portability. Many of these games were not available in an easily portable format before. The reason companies are eager to port their old titles to Switch is because people are eager to play those games on the go. That is a legitimate feature of the Switch that has resonated with a lot of people. So why not? The Switch is capitalizing on one of its key selling points.

So take a look, and you'll notice plenty of new titles coming out all the time. At the same time, understand that there's a whole truckload of ports releasing alongside them, and being well-received because of portability. You're not getting less new games, more ports, you're getting a good stream of new games and many, many ports on top, and the number of Switch games to date reflects the rapid pace at which games are launching for Switch.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I loved Child of light, the sound track is amazing and I'm still listening to it (in fact, half of it is my wake up sound track).
too bad it's only another port. I hope it'll include all the DLC, but I guess they won't do that.

Child of Light is using the same combat system than Grandia, which at its release was told to be the best RPG combat system ever created.
I recommend it if you like child tales, beautiful design and RPG.

Valiant heart is also known as "Soldat Inconnu" (unknown soldier), soldiers who died in a war and we couldn't identify.
I wanted to play that game, but I ended watching someone else playing it on PS4 share play. the game is very short.

Reactions: vpd

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both great games, both worthy of another play, all boils down to the rrp though - both are quite easy, and short - and knowing the usual slightly-inflated-Switch-prices I'll probably pass ...but if you've never played either, buy them by all means! ;)

EDIT: Cyan: The artwork says 'Ultimate Edition' so it may well include the DLC (which I've not played myself! I'll probably get it then!)

Like chary said, Child of Light II anyone? Check the paper in this tweet :D

Last edited by mightymuffy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all