Ubisoft sued Black Eyed Peas for $1M

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ubisoft filed a $1 million lawsuit yesterday against BEP Music LLC, a company which owns the Black Eyed Peas trademark, for neglecting to recognize the publisher's planned iOS version of The Black Eyed Peas Experience.

LOL! Just because they didn't 'show their appreciation for the new iOS game' doesn't mean they should sue them! I think this is stupid. Gotta go face palm.

What do you think?
:arrow: Source

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then you decided to, you know, read the relevant portions:

According to Ubisoft, the contract states the band agreed to approve or disapprove the iOS version within 10 business days of a request. Ubisoft says BEP Music failed to acknowledge requests for approval, despite repeated attempts.

If they signed a contract that stipulates this and they didn't honor the contract, it's not "LOL!" it's called "breach of contract."

Note to self: never go into business with xAC3L3G3NDx.

Reactions: 12 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And then you decided to, you know, read the relevant portions:

According to Ubisoft, the contract states the band agreed to approve or disapprove the iOS version within 10 business days of a request. Ubisoft says BEP Music failed to acknowledge requests for approval, despite repeated attempts.

If they signed a contract that stipulates this and they didn't honor the contract, it's not "LOL!" it's called "breach of contract."

the black eyed peas are ubisoft's clients, they should approach things differently. I work in design and clients hardly ever respond in time with approvals and it is in our contracts, but we would never go after them suing; it is simply not good business. If it delays the project then it delays the project, client usually ends up paying for delays through added services.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I work listening to recorded phone calls about customer service for credit card stuff all day (service provided to stores)
and it basically can be summed up in four words
"contracts suck - READ THEM"

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go:

487928_425254664188884_1679491073_n.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also made a game about Michael Jackson ... he's not only from a group that disbanded a LONG time ago ... he's also DEAD.

Oh, and also this:
http://thatgrapejuic...s-release-date/
is dated less than a month ago.

To be fair, the Michael Jackson game also came out right around his death which triggered a resurgence of Jackson's works.

It didn't come out so awkwardly like the Black Eyed Peas game which came out what I thought was long after their popularity. Only thing I remember recently was that barmitzvah song and that was a long time ago... I thought.

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users