Ubisoft reveals that its delayed games will be cross gen and release on PS5 and Project Scarlett

LHpBg4z.png

In a turn that should not surprise many, Ubisoft has declared in its recent earnings briefing that all of the games they delayed earlier last week--Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and two additional unrevealed games--will all be launching on not only the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but also their next-gen successors. We know for certain that both Xbox and PlayStation's upcoming hardware will release around the Holiday 2020 season, meaning there might be some dramatic delays for games like Watch Dogs: Legion, originally slated for a March 6, 2020 release, which may have been pushed back upwards of nine months, if Ubisoft plans to release both versions of the game at the same time.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillmot is confident in the processing power of the Xbox Project Scarlett and "PlayStation 5", claiming that, "The five titles, yes, they will be on this generation and the next generation, and they will take full advantage of all the new features that are coming with the machines, which are actually going to be extremely interesting for players. You will be able to download new content a lot faster, players will experience better framerates, there are lots of very good elements that will come with these new machines".

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Jiehfeng

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They should do the right thing release the ps4 one few months into 2020 and ps5 version launch title least tht way everyone has a choice when to play it

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They should do the right thing release the ps4 one few months into 2020 and ps5 version launch title least tht way everyone has a choice when to play it
Nah, if the PS5 is backwards compatible, they lose sales. This way, they can charge people more for the PS5 release at launch with the mentality of 'well it's only X more and I may as well if I'm getting this fancy new console'.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like they are delaying their games so they can push out poorly optimized versions of their games on newer systems and also so they can take more time to remove more content for their shitty live services bullshit. Seriously, fuck Ubisoft.

Reactions: chaoskagami

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nah, if the PS5 is backwards compatible, they lose sales
nope, if ps5/x2 are both back compatible this will even spare Ubisoft some money to port them to nextgen console, now all they required to do is release a enhance graphic patch to improve said games on newer HW, and the profit should stay same.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! So Ubisoft actually believes Sony's FUD that the PS5 will launch in time for the 2020 holidays? They now have a lot riding on that.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, following the trend on releases available on both PS3 and PS4, will they charge 20-50% more on the current gen versions just because?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, following the trend on releases available on both PS3 and PS4, will they charge 20-50% more on the current gen versions just because?
Dont kno wher you get 50% from and yes if pay a bit more for ps5 versions then so be it as I'm sure they put in extra hours to make the game look and play better

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dont kno wher you get 50% from and yes if pay a bit more for ps5 versions then so be it as I'm sure they put in extra hours to make the game look and play better
Persona 5, trails of cold steel, et cetera

No, there's no extra effort. It's just because they can milk some extra, as you proved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol