Ubisoft reveals that its delayed games will be cross gen and release on PS5 and Project Scarlett

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Oct 31, 2019.

Front-page
    LHpBg4z.

In a turn that should not surprise many, Ubisoft has declared in its recent earnings briefing that all of the games they delayed earlier last week--Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and two additional unrevealed games--will all be launching on not only the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but also their next-gen successors. We know for certain that both Xbox and PlayStation's upcoming hardware will release around the Holiday 2020 season, meaning there might be some dramatic delays for games like Watch Dogs: Legion, originally slated for a March 6, 2020 release, which may have been pushed back upwards of nine months, if Ubisoft plans to release both versions of the game at the same time.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillmot is confident in the processing power of the Xbox Project Scarlett and "PlayStation 5", claiming that, "The five titles, yes, they will be on this generation and the next generation, and they will take full advantage of all the new features that are coming with the machines, which are actually going to be extremely interesting for players. You will be able to download new content a lot faster, players will experience better framerates, there are lots of very good elements that will come with these new machines".

:arrow: Source

Jiehfeng likes this.
    Discussion (15 replies)
  1. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    They should do the right thing release the ps4 one few months into 2020 and ps5 version launch title least tht way everyone has a choice when to play it

2. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Nah, if the PS5 is backwards compatible, they lose sales. This way, they can charge people more for the PS5 release at launch with the mentality of 'well it's only X more and I may as well if I'm getting this fancy new console'.

CallmeBerto and relauby like this.
  3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    so what about beyond good and evil 2? was that left on limbo?

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Hi Ubisoft. The Switch exists. Thanks!

Fabian Schuchhardt and eduall like this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Sounds like they are delaying their games so they can push out poorly optimized versions of their games on newer systems and also so they can take more time to remove more content for their shitty live services bullshit. Seriously, fuck Ubisoft.

chaoskagami likes this.
  6. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    nope, if ps5/x2 are both back compatible this will even spare Ubisoft some money to port them to nextgen console, now all they required to do is release a enhance graphic patch to improve said games on newer HW, and the profit should stay same.

7. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Where have I heard this one before... *looks at launch of 8th generation of consoles*

eduall likes this.
  8. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    So, I was right.

Ammako and Silent_Gunner like this.
  9. glencoe2004

glencoe2004 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2019
    Canada
    Tbh I think anyone with a brain saw this coming

10. 1MiinMofo

1MiinMofo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    Canada
    Wow! So Ubisoft actually believes Sony's FUD that the PS5 will launch in time for the 2020 holidays? They now have a lot riding on that.

11. coffinbirth

coffinbirth GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Why wouldn't they? Xbox and PS5 will both launch Holiday 2020...devkits have been out forever.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  12. DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE The GBATemp Hacker

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    The Ruins of GBATemp (3DSTemp.net)
    Please let it be Rocksmith20

13. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    So, following the trend on releases available on both PS3 and PS4, will they charge 20-50% more on the current gen versions just because?

14. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Dont kno wher you get 50% from and yes if pay a bit more for ps5 versions then so be it as I'm sure they put in extra hours to make the game look and play better

15. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Persona 5, trails of cold steel, et cetera

No, there's no extra effort. It's just because they can milk some extra, as you proved.