UBISOFT & NVIDIA Team Up On Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew & The Division

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
ubi.jpg

London, UK - June 4, 2014 — Ubisoft and NVIDIA today announced the next chapter in their strategic partnership bringing amazing PC gaming experiences to life in Ubisoft's highly anticipated upcoming titles including Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division.

NVIDIA's GameWorks Team is working closely with Ubisoft's development studios to incorporate cutting edge graphics technology and gaming innovations to create game worlds that deliver unprecedented realism and immersion. NVIDIA's GameWorks technology includes TXAA antialiasing, which provides Hollywood-levels of smooth animation, soft shadows, HBAO+ (horizon-based ambient occlusion), advanced DX11 tessellation, and NVIDIA PhysX technology.
"Working with NVIDIA has enabled us to bring an enhanced gameplay experience to our PC players," said Geoffroy Sardin, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. "We look forward to continuing our partnership with NVIDIA on our biggest upcoming titles."

This announcement builds on the successful collaboration between Ubisoft and NVIDIA that added visually stunning effects to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, Assassins Creed® IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs™.

"We're excited to continue our long-term partnership with Ubisoft in bringing our latest PC technology to their games", said Tony Tamasi, senior vice president of Content & Technology at NVIDIA. "Through GameWorks, we have been able to add unique visual and gameplay innovations to deliver amazing experiences for these stellar Ubisoft games. I can't wait to play them myself."

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this worries me about the performance for these upcoming games on AMD. Will they make it run like shit on purpose because AMD is NVIDIA's opponent? I see major conflict of interest here.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
this worries me about the performance for these upcoming games on AMD. Will they make it run like shit on purpose because AMD is NVIDIA's opponent? I see major conflict of interest here.

NVIDIA has stated again and again that nothing in their Gameworks optimizations has any kind of "on-purpose" negative impact on AMD hardware. The problem is with both the developers for not requesting assistance from AMD, and from AMD for not offering their services at all. The biggest issue, according to developers, NVIDIA, and AMD as well is the lack of access to middleware (in this case, Gameworks) source code so devs can effectively optimize their games so AMD doesn't take a performance hit from whatever NVIDIA Gameworks has to offer, however, from what I understand, before March of 2014 the source code was only provided on a case-by-case basis, now it's available for any dev to license if they wanted to.

Not to mention that NVIDIA and AMD have almost completely different attitudes as to how they optimize games for developers, NVIDIA tends to use a more driver-level approach whereas AMD prefers to optimize the game's engine.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those "features" are generic and work for pretty much any game, except save the txaa.

I'll stick with my sweetfx and ENB settings thankyouverymuch.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
"NVIDIA are money-greedy corporate scum"... not
They just play it safe.
Take out the competitor and win big$$$$.
In this case NVIDIA is not taking out the competitor. They are just securing performance with NVIDIA.

Watch_Dogs sucked, ACIII sucked, ACIV was meh.
It had nothing to do with partnerships. The real enemy is time restrictions.

fojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a Nvidia card and i think this is complete BS. I don't care about TXAA and HBAO+, i'd rather have a game that doesn't drop to 10fps every few minutes. But then it's ubisoft, so that's never going to happen, I guess it's apparently too much to ask to have a game that runs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.