UBISOFT & NVIDIA Team Up On Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew & The Division

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Jun 4, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    ubi.jpg

London, UK - June 4, 2014 — Ubisoft and NVIDIA today announced the next chapter in their strategic partnership bringing amazing PC gaming experiences to life in Ubisoft's highly anticipated upcoming titles including Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division.

NVIDIA's GameWorks Team is working closely with Ubisoft's development studios to incorporate cutting edge graphics technology and gaming innovations to create game worlds that deliver unprecedented realism and immersion. NVIDIA's GameWorks technology includes TXAA antialiasing, which provides Hollywood-levels of smooth animation, soft shadows, HBAO+ (horizon-based ambient occlusion), advanced DX11 tessellation, and NVIDIA PhysX technology.

This announcement builds on the successful collaboration between Ubisoft and NVIDIA that added visually stunning effects to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, Assassins Creed® IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs™.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    So...these PC games will be playable with a nvidia graphics card? Phew...that's a relief! I almost got worried there... :P

3. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    So it's like Watch Dogs again? Manufacturer-specific optimizations?

4. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    this worries me about the performance for these upcoming games on AMD. Will they make it run like shit on purpose because AMD is NVIDIA's opponent? I see major conflict of interest here.

5. AceWarhead

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    Hopefully AMD performance isn't crippled like WatchDogs

6. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I wish they'd for much more Focus to The Division, it's the only Unisoft game I'm genuinely hyped about and it already got delayed to 2015 :/

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    NVIDIA has stated again and again that nothing in their Gameworks optimizations has any kind of "on-purpose" negative impact on AMD hardware. The problem is with both the developers for not requesting assistance from AMD, and from AMD for not offering their services at all. The biggest issue, according to developers, NVIDIA, and AMD as well is the lack of access to middleware (in this case, Gameworks) source code so devs can effectively optimize their games so AMD doesn't take a performance hit from whatever NVIDIA Gameworks has to offer, however, from what I understand, before March of 2014 the source code was only provided on a case-by-case basis, now it's available for any dev to license if they wanted to.

Not to mention that NVIDIA and AMD have almost completely different attitudes as to how they optimize games for developers, NVIDIA tends to use a more driver-level approach whereas AMD prefers to optimize the game's engine.

8. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Those "features" are generic and work for pretty much any game, except save the txaa.

I'll stick with my sweetfx and ENB settings thankyouverymuch.

9. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    so if watch dogs demands a minimum 460 GTX and 7XX as recommended... is it safe to say that these games shall be minimum 6XX?

the graphics dont justify the high requirements either.

i dont see much benefit from this.

10. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    "NVIDIA are money-greedy corporate scum"... not
    They just play it safe.
    Take out the competitor and win big$$$$.
    In this case NVIDIA is not taking out the competitor. They are just securing performance with NVIDIA.

Watch_Dogs sucked, ACIII sucked, ACIV was meh.
    It had nothing to do with partnerships. The real enemy is time restrictions.

11. fojacko

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    I own a Nvidia card and i think this is complete BS. I don't care about TXAA and HBAO+, i'd rather have a game that doesn't drop to 10fps every few minutes. But then it's ubisoft, so that's never going to happen, I guess it's apparently too much to ask to have a game that runs.

12. p3rand0r

p3rand0r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2014
    Albania
    On the ⌨
    better ubisoft than EA :tpi:

13. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Just hyping games up, and you probably won't be able to notice the difference anyway. /care