Ubisoft making next gen game engine with help from the French Government

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Lurker2, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    =

Rasas likes this.
  2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    In which case I can't wait to see what the WiiU can do then. I think ZombiU looks fantastic already, and it's only a launch title. I'm hoping for like Final Fantasy type graphics in games. Big beautiful worlds, lots of things going on with no slow downs... mmmm

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Hmm, read the source and now I have more questions which is good in this case.

I had thought it might just be a tax break kind of affair which would be nothing new but this does appear to be funding from agencies I might not expect to see fund games ("the Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission (CEA) and the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)"), although frankly I would said the same if it was anything other than a media development council/group.

My thoughts now would then be towards making training simulators and such like for various things (already fairly well established but I am not so aware of any of the big companies doing a lot in this world, that said I have never really looked).

That said if they can tap some physicists then some very interesting things could happen.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I really hope that is a joke

Lurker2 likes this.
  5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Uh no? Aside from the characters themselves (not zombies) the game looks awesome.