Ubisoft is reportedly working on an open world Star Wars game

B63CBDF3-C828-4429-9D30-42EB0822D2F0.png

As Bethesda works on an Indiana Jones game, Ubisoft, too, is currently developing a game based on another Disney franchise. The team behind Ubisoft’s The Division series is working on a Star Wars game, a notable change of hands from EA, who has handled the IP exclusively since 2012. Wired exclusively reports Massive Entertainment has entered a contract with Lucasfilm Games, and while little information was given on the project, it is very early on in development, and is set to be an open world game.

:arrow: Source

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation) often comments on how every "open-world" Ubisoft game seems to be increasingly indistinguishable from every other open-world Ubisoft game these days.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I actually enjoy Ubisoft games despite the hate around them, this should be good, at least for my enjoyment.

I like their games, it's just the plot. AC got worse and worse. Origins had a good "past" plot and Odyssey started well, though in the end seemed like they didn't know were they were going, but the "present" is just stuffing to keep it alive. Watch Dogs never had a strong plot, WD2 I think it tried to based itself on the hacker spaces in San Fran or something, but just ended demeaning. Haven't touched WDL yet, but plot reviews aren't great. Far Cry 5 was actually decent. Steep is awful, but the plot really isn't the point.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Has potential. For all the flak they get, Ubisoft's games are still some of my favorite (Far Cry 4 and New Dawn). They just need to isolate themselves from the main SW story and go for something different, KOTOR style. Then this will be awesome.

D

Deleted User

As it stands, this has not piqued my interest at all, namely because there is yet no definitive time-frame nor location for the Game in the Star Wars lore.

An Open-World Game set in Episode IV upwards has very little dense urban areas to explore and, playing on Tatooine is literally a Sandbox.

Also not so keen on the Mandalorian timeline as every habitat seems to just be in pieces.
Maybe before the Clone Wars, when there were still sprawling cities to explore, or the Knights of the Old Republic timeline.

If I remember correctly, one of the titles showed a time before the Wookie became so big and were just furry planetary gardeners.

Last edited by ,

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost bought an Ubisoft+ subscription until I realized that 90% of Ubisoft's games are the exact same concept recycled over and over. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just like Far Cry with a Star Wars paint job.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no idea how it will turn out, i maybe they do something like cyberpunk, futuristic city and your a bounty hunter or something, altough i would prefer a more linear star wars games, since star wars movies never stay in the same spot they just travel alot so being stuck in a city for the entire game would make star wars fell less epic imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed