1. 2,058

Front-page
    O6pJhkf.png

It looks like a free game giveaway isn't the only promotion that Ubisoft is doing, in order to hype up their Ubisoft Forward event. They're also offering a free weeklong trial of their subscription service, Uplay+, which can be claimed from today, until July 27th. Normally priced at $14.99 a month, Uplay+ has a variety of Ubisoft games, from Assassin's Creed Odyssey, to The Division 2, and over 100 other titles. The service is available on PC, through the Uplay client, where you can peruse the games available, both new and old. So long as you cancel before the 7-day trial is up, you won't have to pay, and if you want to continue using Uplay+, you'll get launch-day access to all the upcoming games that Ubisoft has planned, including Watch Dogs Legion.

:arrow: Source

Mr. Looigi and Stealphie like this.
  2. Discussion (14 replies)

3. SexySpai

SexySpai i dont know

United States
    sweet now i can play as the gray rabbid in rabbids land

Stealphie likes this.
  4. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    "I want to play Ubisoft games and ONLY Ubisoft games"
    Most of these games are dirt cheap nowadays.

Xzi and TheCasualties like this.
  5. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Too expensive for my tastes. $20 CAD can go a lot further for me in other services.

MarkDarkness likes this.
  6. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Meh. Stay away from this kind of subscription scheme as far as possible. They know you will be unable to play them all.

7. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Talk about limited appeal. There are a million other options for subscription services, most of which have games from multiple developers/publishers on them. Ubisoft might as well accept that they'll have to get their piece of the pie by joining one of those existing services, because this is just another bad decision for them in a long line of bad decisions.

comput3rus3r and MarkDarkness like this.
  8. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    who needs another game launcher on their computer, right?

MarkDarkness likes this.
  9. Chary

OP Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    Their pricing is awful, given what Xbox Game Pass can get you, but they do have a nice library of games. They're about just as bad as Origin Access, but at least uplay has a better launcher. I'd never pay for it, but it's a nice, easy, legit way to blitze through AC: Odyssey, honestly, which I've been wanting to do for a while.

Xzi likes this.
  10. Gon Freecss

Gon Freecss Privacy Advocate

Venezuela
    With that money I can pay my ProtonVPN and ProtonMail Plus subscription and still have some money left lol

11. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

Japan
    I may as well take it. Simply take the free trial and then cancel. I believe your trial will continue until it's expiry date.

12. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How can Ubisoft charge the same as PS Now and Game pass Ultimate they need to charge maybe $30 a year that is what EA Pass is doing. The only time the Ubisoft Pass will be relevant is when the new A/C game comes out and you can grind and beat the game in a month that is the only value I see out of doing that.

13. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    To anyone that will use this trial, make sure you look for "auto-pay". I can almost guarantee it will have auto-pay enabled automatically, so that when the trial runs out they take your money immediately.

I've seen this happen with so many "free trials". If they require a credit card or some kind of payment to sign up, it's got auto pay enabled by default. Make sure to disable it!

r5xscn and Xzi like this.
  14. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They tried to play hardball with Valve, when they couldn't claim a portion of the pc space, but failed.

They fail in this endeavour- 100%.

The ones calling the shots at Ubisoft are atrocious, the company had potential, but they will continue on this trajectory as they have terrible leadership.

Xzi likes this.
  15. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This is the future of gaming. Next gen consoles are gonna be all digital. Then you'll only be able to play with a subscription, you cant buy to own games. Of course you will pay extra for AAA games.

16. r5xscn

r5xscn GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    People use GOG to summon the other game launchers. I mean people now need "game launcher" launcher to simplify playing games. Launcherception. For me tho, I usually only use "fitgurl launcher".

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - subscription, offering, Ubisoft