Ubisoft is offering a 7-day free trial of its subscription service, Uplay+, for Ubisoft Forward

O6pJhkf.png

It looks like a free game giveaway isn't the only promotion that Ubisoft is doing, in order to hype up their Ubisoft Forward event. They're also offering a free weeklong trial of their subscription service, Uplay+, which can be claimed from today, until July 27th. Normally priced at $14.99 a month, Uplay+ has a variety of Ubisoft games, from Assassin's Creed Odyssey, to The Division 2, and over 100 other titles. The service is available on PC, through the Uplay client, where you can peruse the games available, both new and old. So long as you cancel before the 7-day trial is up, you won't have to pay, and if you want to continue using Uplay+, you'll get launch-day access to all the upcoming games that Ubisoft has planned, including Watch Dogs Legion.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Talk about limited appeal. There are a million other options for subscription services, most of which have games from multiple developers/publishers on them. Ubisoft might as well accept that they'll have to get their piece of the pie by joining one of those existing services, because this is just another bad decision for them in a long line of bad decisions.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Talk about limited appeal. There are a million other options for subscription services, most of which have games from multiple developers/publishers on them. Ubisoft might as well accept that they'll have to get their piece of the pie by joining one of those existing services, because this is just another bad decision for them in a long line of bad decisions.
Their pricing is awful, given what Xbox Game Pass can get you, but they do have a nice library of games. They're about just as bad as Origin Access, but at least uplay has a better launcher. I'd never pay for it, but it's a nice, easy, legit way to blitze through AC: Odyssey, honestly, which I've been wanting to do for a while.

Reactions: Xzi

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can Ubisoft charge the same as PS Now and Game pass Ultimate they need to charge maybe $30 a year that is what EA Pass is doing. The only time the Ubisoft Pass will be relevant is when the new A/C game comes out and you can grind and beat the game in a month that is the only value I see out of doing that.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To anyone that will use this trial, make sure you look for "auto-pay". I can almost guarantee it will have auto-pay enabled automatically, so that when the trial runs out they take your money immediately.

I've seen this happen with so many "free trials". If they require a credit card or some kind of payment to sign up, it's got auto pay enabled by default. Make sure to disable it!

Reactions: r5xscn and Xzi

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their pricing is awful, given what Xbox Game Pass can get you, but they do have a nice library of games. They're about just as bad as Origin Access, but at least uplay has a better launcher. I'd never pay for it, but it's a nice, easy, legit way to blitze through AC: Odyssey, honestly, which I've been wanting to do for a while.

They tried to play hardball with Valve, when they couldn't claim a portion of the pc space, but failed.

They fail in this endeavour- 100%.

The ones calling the shots at Ubisoft are atrocious, the company had potential, but they will continue on this trajectory as they have terrible leadership.

Reactions: Xzi

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the future of gaming. Next gen consoles are gonna be all digital. Then you'll only be able to play with a subscription, you cant buy to own games. Of course you will pay extra for AAA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo