Ubisoft is giving away free games and content all week to celebrate the holidays

ZdCU99D.png

Ubisoft is here to spread the holiday cheer, as they're giving away little tidbits and even games all this week. Monday's gift was an outfit and settlement pack for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, while the second day of giveaways was for a free copy of Starlink: Battle for Atlas on their exclusive PC client, Ubisoft Connect. They'll be giving away other goodies up until Friday, December 18th, so be sure to check back each day to claim whatever Ubisoft has on offer until then.

• Day 1: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla seafarer settlement pack & legendary Bayek outfit
  • Day 2: Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  • Day 3: Watch Dogs®: Legion Rewards Pack
  • Day 4: Trials Rising
  • Rewards pack for Hyper Scape
:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Personally, I find it really dumb for a game sold on Steam to require an entirely separate storefront/launcher to be installed and open in order to run said game. Like, isn't the one storefront/launcher, the one I bought the game from, enough?

And guess who's the biggest culprit of this nonsense - Ubisoft. Sometimes EA too, but mostly U-Play.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I won't be complaining about the free stuff, but I get really disappointed at the lack of consistency in Ubisoft's website.

I was browsing their website minutes ago when I've came across this:

Screenshot_20201216-083328.png
Screenshot_20201216-083341.png

Why do they have a lower price showing in the list and when you open it you get the full price? :mellow:

This is not the first time I come across something like this in their website. What makes me really annoyed is that, for a few seconds, it gives you a sense of false hope in saving a substantial amount of money and then you open it and there you go: full price! :glare:

Would it be worth to report it to Ubisoft and try my luck getting the lower price? Probably not. :rofl:

Last edited by tfocosta,

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
complaining about free stuff? lol ok
Matter of principle. Some don't want more than one client to run on their computer. Some may view multiple as a security risk. Some don't like that company's practices. Me? All of the above for Epic Games. And honestly don't want an entirely seperate hub-client (ALA Steam, Epic, etc) on my computer. Why would I need the Ubisoft Hub when I have Steam as my Hub?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use Playnite (sometimes Gog Galaxy 2.0 but I'm always coming back to Playnite) and configure the launchers to shut down when I launch a game/leave a game, the only launcher that doesn't allow me to do this is Origin, I always have to shutdown the launcher myself. But yeah, at least it doesn't restrict me to store choices.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
almost 2021 and people still complaining about launchers...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I won't be complaining about the free stuff, but I get really disappointed at the lack of consistency in Ubisoft's website.

I was browsing their website minutes ago when I've came across this:

View attachment 238204 View attachment 238205

Why do they have a lower price showing in the list and when you open it you get the full price? :mellow:

This is not the first time I come across something like this in their website. What makes me really annoyed is that, for a few seconds, it gives you a sense of false hope in saving a substantial amount of money and then you open it and there you go: full price! :glare:

Would it be worth to report it to Ubisoft and try my luck getting the lower price? Probably not. :rofl:
was given free multiple times recently (by Ubisoft and Epic if I recall), not worth that retail price <_<

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
was given free multiple times recently (by Ubisoft and Epic if I recall), not worth that retail price <_<

I remember they had the Watch Dogs for free in their website a couple of times. But never seen the second one for free. And it's the first time I've seen it so cheap (£14.99) but in the end you can't buy it for less than the retail price (£49.99). At least in the UK. Not sure about other places, but I assume it's pretty much the same. :unsure:

Please tell me that I'm wrong and that it is actually cheaper in the US market. :mellow:

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
People complaining about getting free games? I just got 2 questions:

1- Wasn't personal computers meant to run multiple computer programs?

2- Are you really complaining about privacy and data security while typing a reply on your chrome browser installed on your windows 10 machine?

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I remember they had the Watch Dogs for free in their website a couple of times. But never seen the second one for free. And it's the first time I've seen it so cheap (£14.99) but in the end you can't buy it for less than the retail price (£49.99). At least in the UK. Not sure about other places, but I assume it's pretty much the same. :unsure:

Please tell me that I'm wrong and that it is actually cheaper in the US market. :mellow:
it was offered for free from Ubisoft after their Twitch Drop fiasco during one of their events, and recently was also one of the Epic Store free games.

Reactions: tfocosta

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
it was offered for free from Ubisoft after their Twitch Drop fiasco during one of their events, and recently was also one of the Epic Store free games.

You're right, I remember now, since you've mentioned the online events! I've tried to get it at the time, but their website had a lot of issues and didn't allow me to confirm the order, so I gave up. In the end, that didn't count as a "freebie" for me. :mellow:

Last edited by tfocosta,

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not even free stuff will get me to risk playing AC Valhalla on my PS4 again, where it crashes so bad it locks up the entire console so even the power button doesn't respond. Had to unplug the damn thing. ACV is sitting on the shelf of shame, and only because I got it unboxed off eBay for cheap so I can't just run it down to CEX for a quick cash-back. Might throw it back up on eBay where it belongs if I can be bothered.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1