Ubisoft is giving away Assassin's Creed Unity for free on PC to honor Notre Dame

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 17, 2019.

1. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The Lone Wanderer

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    What a nice thing to do. There sure are a lot of jaded assholes in here.

Tony_93, FateForWindows, Ra1d and 3 others like this.
  2. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    There already is one, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China and Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India, but they're 2D platformers. I think there was a China OVA too at one point. It would be nice if you could eventually explore that region in the main games though (whether it's China, Japan, or any of the other Asian regions).

3. EntermateStar

EntermateStar GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    United States
    aight but i aint getting uplay nice try

AlexMCS likes this.
  4. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    hahahaha same opinion here, I only have steam and Origin though Origin is installed just for show since nothing is installed even though my library is kinda good, but EA doesnt make a good game for so much time and last time I tried some good old ones there wasnt almost anyone playing so nothing installed, last one I bought was BF1 and barely played it and BFV I skipped...

Ubilolosoft Uplay (Udon'tPlay).
    I always preferred the old 2D rayman from like the 90s the first one, it was such a masterpiece, the newer ones are also cool, but never really glued me in like the 1st one.

Ubilolosoft for me is the same as EA I don't like anything they made for some years already, though I liked AC Origins since I like the Egypt (don't like anything about the 2 before it France and UK), neither their most recent one.

Though I would like to play Anno1800, but I would never buy it 4 Uplay so even if they give it for free, no thank you, I will wait for a non Uplay cracked one which is like 1000% better than the original even if it crashes or doesnt work as good as the original as long as it doesnt install Uplay, anything is better (even if it only loads up main menu is better than the original game already) :)

Last edited by guily6669, Apr 17, 2019
  5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
  6. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Fan

Feb 22, 2016
    Hahahaha. No

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Can't complain with free, glad I didn't have to pay for it.

Tony_93 and FateForWindows like this.
  8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Oh please!

9. bandithedoge

bandithedoge GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2018
    Poland
    In honor of a national tragedy, we're giving you our old game for free just so you buy stuff from us and think of us as a better company!

Seriously though, can't complain about free stuff, eh?

IncredulousP likes this.
  10. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    You can complain about anything, as shown on the GRUMBLEtemp... people.

11. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Free in like Free advertising? or Free in trying to bring ppl to install their garbageware Uplay so that then you might think humm since I already have it installed maybe its not that bad, maybe I can buy a game here... LOL

I bought 1 game in Uplay and never played it, I have a few free games that they kept giving and never installed a single one either and my account already got hacked and around the whole planet and I still didnt bothered changing the password for many years, let them have their free games since I don't care to install Uplay garbage, installed it once and never more :)

EDIT: Now if they give on the PS4 I would definitely add it to my list if I already haven't, but I wouldnt download it and play either since I didnt liked AC France and UK a single bit, I already installed it back then in my PC and uninstalled both right away in no time lol.

Last edited by guily6669, Apr 17, 2019
  12. Shikkichu

Shikkichu A little Pika girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Whatever my VPN says now
    I'm not gonna ever play it but I own it now. lol
    On the bright side of all this no one was hurt and the art was saved from what I heard, as for Ubisoft they might care but I'm not really buying it seems like a marketing thing more than anything

Edit:
    I'm not saying they don't care it just seems they're usually more about trying to pull more people in and make money from a company standpoint, I do find it great they're honoring it and giving away copies to honor, but I try to view all aspects and given how companies tend to run it's hard to really understand what's happening if that makes sense

Last edited by Shikkichu, Apr 17, 2019
  13. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Nothing to do with marketing ther normal people who care and intelligent people who try to do ther best pleasing us with ther games

CallmeBerto likes this.
  14. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Thank you for an actual solid reply.

God damn some people here are ungrateful and butthurt. I feel like there are fewer and fewer sane people around here. (Or maybe I am just getting old)

15. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    It makes sense considering that the building is in the game and is more than just scenery. I don't know. It was a broken mess at release, has it gotten better?

FateForWindows likes this.
  16. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Proud of you, Ubisoft. You've done a great thing. And to those people who are bitching about the game, you're assholes. This is a sign of love and respect to France and it's amazing old cathedral. AKA Notre Dame. You're basically shitting over that.

17. Shikkichu

Shikkichu A little Pika girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Whatever my VPN says now
    That does make sense and I'm not saying they don't care it just seems they're usually more about trying to pull more people in and make money from a company standpoint, though I happen to just be more analytical than emotional so that might be why I think the way I do about them, I'd personally go the route of lowering the games price and having all money donated to rebuilding Notre-Dame because it makes the most sense and the most helpful, and seeing as the art was saved and nobody afaik was hurt it isn't too big of an issue other than needing to rebuild the structure
    I do find it great they're honoring it and giving away copies to honor, but I try to view all aspects and given how companies tend to run it's hard to really understand what's happening if that makes sense

Last edited by Shikkichu, Apr 17, 2019
  18. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I sometimes hate this community. Ubisoft gives away a game for free and, on top of that, donates 500'000 bucks.

Is it really so hard to put the cynisism aside and appreciate the gesture?

Kazuto-Z-, samiam144, Messael and 9 others like this.
  19. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    So...what is the problems with uplay?

20. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    Oh, how nice of you Ubisoft :rofl2:
    NOT!

Attached Files: