Ubisoft have just released the Watch_Dogs '101 Trailer'

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, May 13, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    :arrow:Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox​

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Interesting, this is my first time seeing the multiplayer aspects of the game. Looks very GTA inspired.

3. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    The game looks promising, but I hope that you don't have to drive around like in GTA. Because of this driving I have never finished a GTA game. I hate it and get bored.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It is called Grand Theft AUTO for a reason :P

5. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    I know. But there is no "Auto" or "car" in "watch dogs". So I was disappointed watching the racing scenes in this trailer.

6. Zanoab

Zanoab GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Those are optional side missions and multiplayer stuff.

orcid likes this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Neat. Multiplayer stuff looks pretty fun, I'll probably end up grabbing this for PS4.

8. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States

maybe you can take the bus?

9. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Nice, at the end of this trailer it says that Wii U gets the game later in 2014. That character trailer that was posted a few days ago didn't even give the Wii U a mention.

10. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    amazing stuff. looks like a game u cant get bored of and distraction from the storyline still keeps it interesting.

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The war-vet's handle is "Iraq"? I see what you did there, Ubisoft.

Anywho, I'm a bit worried about Watch_Dogs. With all the delays, trailers and publicity the title gets, the hype build-up is so huge that it's going to be really hard to meet expectations. At this point releasing anything sub-par would be franchise suicide, and I'm pretty sure they plan to make Watch_Dogs a franchise if this title becomes successful.

12. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    He should get sled dogs to carry him around, since "dogs" is in the title

13. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    What they say: In a crime you have the choice of killing the criminal or ignoring it
    What you do: Kill the victim

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Very shiny (though perhaps not as shiny as e3 last year), almost enough to make me want to get in early. On the other hand ambitious open world game from a company not particularly noted for them.... yeah I will wait for patches. Liking the in game augmented reality and crazy modes though.

I can not begin to express my disappointment when I found out "Need for Speed" was not a drug taking simulator.

15. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    a little FYI here everyone that Ubisoft has been pretty hush hush about:

The PREVIOUS GEN consoles such as the Wiiu, ,360, and PS3 will NOT have the following feature's that the NEXT GEN consoles such as PS4, Xbox One and PC have.

• Multi-player Decryption mode.
    • Free-roaming Multiplayer (interacting with other multiplayers in the freeroaming world of Chicago in the game)
      this does NOT include the "tailing" "invasion" "hacking" mode that was shown before with the Taco truck in the demo. all consoles will have that

16. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Well if there were going to be features I leave out then it would have been those. Of course I would happily leave online multiplayer out of most things.

I am drawn to wonder if such modes will work well. About the only other examples I have are MindJack, a handful of phone games, maybe some of the need for speed series, some of the persistent world online games and then I start reaching with things like Left 4 dead and Demon's souls.

Mindjack was pretty bad though so it will be an interesting test to see what goes. If nothing else The Division is not too far in the future, albeit not on the PS360 either.

Finally *nods*, playing with fire there I see.

17. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    yeah the decryption mode would have been nice...but I can understand why multiplayer in the free world would be too much. But with the internet being pretty cynical on previous gen consoles with the "cheap fuck" majority being the main opinion. it worries me that Sony and Microsoft want to prolong the PS3 and 360's life but game developers are not having it...by 2015 most 3rd party developers will probably tell the PS3 360 and the WiiU (what's left of them) to fuck off most likely