Ubisoft Celebrates The Holiday Season With Free PC Games

HOLIDAY_Uplay_Skin_ACBF_WIC-FINAL.jpg

Holidays are the perfect occasion to spend time with friends, family and have fun playing games! Just in time for the festive season, Ubisoft is giving two digital PC games away for FREE as part of its Happy Playdays! Players will have the opportunity to polish their strategy with World in Conflict and experience the Golden Age of Pirates with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag.

Everyone who has a Ubisoft account and PC community is eligible to redeem the free games!

In addition to celebrate the festive season, Ubisoft is marking the 10th anniversary of both World in Conflict’s launch and the creation of the Assassin’s Creed’s universe.

World in Conflict (including the expansion Soviet Assault) will be FREE and downloadable for PC from December 4th to December 11th. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PC will be available for FREE from December 11th to December 18th.

:download: Redeem your free game right here

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I feel like the best gift they could give us would be to proof and bug check their games at least once before release.
but but, how you can deny the free labour of the players who play and have the honable task of reporting them to ubisoft

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
a lousy excuse to not lower the price of every game like steam but, only 2 free games? one having to do with the causualties of war and one with pirates? I get the war thing relating to the christmas pact during the civil war but, pirates? I think they just want to satisfy people who love AC but haven't bought AC:BF

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
except I don't want that virus known as Uplay installed on my computer.
It's not really a gift when you have to pay for it.

And by paying I mean installing Uplay.
That and also closing down Uplay.

A question for you guys: how many years has it been since you attempted anything uplay-related?

I just opened uplay, looked around for 2 minutes and claimed world in conflict. The user interface is just as convenient as steam as far as I'm concerned (heck...I can barely tell the difference). Obviously, just one guy using it for 3 minutes isn't exactly a statistic proof of stability, but c'mon...it's not like I had any problems with...erm...anything, really.

Of course I haven't used it back when ubisoft started out with the service. I can't but assume you did use it (and hated it), but even so...why keep the grudge? I don't care if you pass on the games, but I seriously suspect this is just bashing uplay for not being steam.

...and it's not like steam was heralded with open arms by the gaming community when it was new. It just got better in time (or less bad). I can't but assume the same goes for uplay, but I'm curious to hear if you've got any recent horror stories with the service?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
A question for you guys: how many years has it been since you attempted anything uplay-related?

I just opened uplay, looked around for 2 minutes and claimed world in conflict. The user interface is just as convenient as steam as far as I'm concerned (heck...I can barely tell the difference). Obviously, just one guy using it for 3 minutes isn't exactly a statistic proof of stability, but c'mon...it's not like I had any problems with...erm...anything, really.

Of course I haven't used it back when ubisoft started out with the service. I can't but assume you did use it (and hated it), but even so...why keep the grudge? I don't care if you pass on the games, but I seriously suspect this is just bashing uplay for not being steam.

...and it's not like steam was heralded with open arms by the gaming community when it was new. It just got better in time (or less bad). I can't but assume the same goes for uplay, but I'm curious to hear if you've got any recent horror stories with the service?
UPlay isn't that bad at all nowadays. The most common reason I see (from reasonable people, anyways) for not liking Uplay or Origin and such is that they just don't like juggling between multiple platforms and would rather everything be in one place (AKA Steam).

But then I imagine most people actively shitting on it here is just doing so "cuz Ubisoft" instead of it actually being bad. Just like people shit on Origin "cuz EA". Both services have improved immensely in the past few years, and aren't nearly as bad as they used to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol