UBISOFT Announces THE WATCH_DOGS ebook: //n/DARK

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Apr 17, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    [​IMG]

London, UK – April 17, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced the ebook Watch_Dogs //n/Dark Clouds, inspired by the highly anticipated video game Watch Dogs™. Authored by John Shirley, the ebook is a direct sequel to the events of the game and will allow fans to further explore the world of Watch Dogs with an all new story. The ebook is a first for Ubisoft, as it was conceived inhouse and will be released exclusively via digital channels.

John Shirley, prolific author of over 30 books and short stories such as A Song Called Youth, is a known figure in the hacker community and is a pioneer of the cyberpunk movement, and therefore is a natural fit to author the Watch Dogs™ ebook. Having unprecedented access to our Montreal studio dev team and writers, he has recreated the atmosphere of Watch Dogs™, into his thriller, that combines high-tech crimes with both new and known characters.

Watch_Dogs //n/Dark Clouds will be available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish at game's release on May 27, 2014. It will be available in two digital formats: an upgraded e-book version with interactive elements including videos and image and a classic e-book. For more information, click here www.watchdogs.com/ebook.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I cant wait until it gets delayed to make way for lesser Ebook Platforms.

Celice and EZ-Megaman like this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Fix your formatting please, can't see anything on the Dark Theme.

Seems neat though, I guess. Perhaps the ebook will cover the in-between stuff when an inevitable sequel comes out for Watch_Dogs.

4. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A not so serious guy tbh... ;D

Aug 15, 2012
    New Caledonia
    Inside your miiind, and poof.
  5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Watch_Dogs da ebook!

Merchandising! Merchandising!

6. 1ManClan

1ManClan Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2013
    United States
    Just release the game already, no one cares about an ebook!

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I'm not sure what to think of it. There are quite some books (and probably even more ebooks) out there about game plot, but I don't think any of those ever scored a hit. Or were anything above well written fan fiction, for that matter. Why would this one be different?
    Also...with a game that will no doubt include hacking in the form of single click quick time events and an open world where you can wreck mayhem GTA-style...it wouldn't even be worth it to even attempt to try to rationalize it.

8. Nyancat

Nyancat wow i have a custom title, how nice

Apr 9, 2014
    Behind You.
    My friend loves this game so I will definitely notify him about this thread, he'd be all over it.