1. 1,703

Front-page
    the div.PNG

In a blog post from yesterday, Alain Corre, executive director of Ubisoft EMEA, shared some updates on "the Tom Clancy’s The Division Universe". In it, Corre confirms that while Ubisoft's developers are continuing to work on The Division 2, other teams have been engaged in other projects set in The Division universe. One of these is The Division: Heartland, a free-to-play PC game in development at Ubisoft's Red Storm studio. It is said to be a standalone title that won't require prior experience with the series and is expected to launch in 2021-22 on PC, consoles, and cloud gaming platforms. Signing up for early testing of the game is already available for those interested.

In the same post, Corre announced that mobile platforms will also be getting The Division game; with details about this project to be shared at a later date.

Next up, Alain Corre mentioned that The Division Netflix film adaptation is in development. The live-action movie will be directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber and star Jessica Chastain and Jake Gyllenhaal. It is said to be "inspired by the events of the original game".

As a final announcement, it was announced that a novel based on the game's universe is also in the works. It will feature a new story that takes place after The Division 2 and is said to explore "how the Outbreak affects different regions of the United States as agents fight to secure supply routes".

:arrow: SOURCE

Benja81 and Mama Looigi like this.
  2. Discussion (24 replies)

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Addict

Serbia, Republic of
    Another adaptation for a game with no plot. Why?

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi: *pout* :f

Antarctica
    To quote Mr. Krabs, “Money”

ov3rkill and Mama Looigi like this.
  5. Latiodile

Latiodile Professionally dead inside

Canada
    a game needs a plot to be good? that's new to me

6. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    I wonder if the bad guys will take 300 shots to the head in the movie as well

7. Vilagamer999

Vilagamer999 tempBOT's ai cousin

Spain
  8. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Tom must be expensive.

9. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    This is how you should announce your mobile games: inside a sandwich of non mobile games. This way people will not cry about a game that was never made for them anyway.

MarkDarkness likes this.
  10. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    No, but a show does

MarkDarkness and ZeroFX like this.
  11. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I'm gonna say it now before they unveil any gameplay.

It'll be a Tom Clancy's The Division™ battle royal. It's gonna happen, they want those delicious V-Bucks... But it's The Division... So... D-Bucks? :unsure:

12. RedoLane

RedoLane Employed Punmaster

Israel
    Look at all those Tom Clancy Divisions :D

13. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

How exactly are you supposed to develop characters and make them unique individuals when everyone is wearing slight variations of the same parka and beanie hat? It'd look like a gritty live action reboot of South Park.

14. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I still need to play the earlier games.

15. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    stopped reading at free to play

vpd likes this.
  16. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Japan
    rip the game no one plays...

Tom clancy is nothing less than a name that ubisoft milks nowadays, represents nothing anymore.

Last edited by ZeroFX, May 7, 2021
  17. Ottoclav

Ottoclav Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sweet, love the Division 2 game. Still playing it, and I haven't had a bad inter-player experience yet, and I am still having quite a lot co-op experiences. The plot is simple if a person just watches the intro's and scene cuts, but there is still a plot. Think a foretelling of what happened in the last two years in the US with the riots and pandemic, then just make those riots organized by a radical terrorist organization, instead of organized protests by BLM/Antifa, who are releasing a green gas into the public to purposely infect them with a virus (read super-smallpox). I didn't start playing the game till about a year ago, but let me tell you, I was quite perplexed at how strangely surreal it was when I was listening to all the audio recordings picked up in the game and realizing how crazy things were getting on the streets of major metropolitan areas IRL. Our political and moral balance here in the US is so dang fragile, it wouldn't take much for either a super-radical group (The Hyena's from The Division) or super-reactionary group (Gilead from The Handmaid's Tale) to root itself into our systems and really cause some real damage to ordinary citizens just trying to make life happen. And that is what The Division series is about.

Last edited by Ottoclav, May 7, 2021
  18. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Looks like they want to be hated...

19. CPG

CPG C RING P OOP G UY

Canada
    as a wise TheRussianBadger once said, "but hey, that's nothing new and welcome to corporate america."

20. roswell108

roswell108 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Assassin's Creed: Valhalla had major bugs. Watch Dogs: Legion was missing an entire game mode. Seems logical they would run with the only title they've released recently that managed to sell the season pass after release day.

21. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

United States
    I am playing the Division 2 and I skip all of the cutscenes. They try to make it feel like everything you do matters but in reality, it's always the same gameplay loop

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - adaptation, announces, Division