Ubisoft announces new 'The Division' free-to-play game, mobile title and Netflix movie adaptation

the div.PNG

In a blog post from yesterday, Alain Corre, executive director of Ubisoft EMEA, shared some updates on "the Tom Clancy’s The Division Universe". In it, Corre confirms that while Ubisoft's developers are continuing to work on The Division 2, other teams have been engaged in other projects set in The Division universe. One of these is The Division: Heartland, a free-to-play PC game in development at Ubisoft's Red Storm studio. It is said to be a standalone title that won't require prior experience with the series and is expected to launch in 2021-22 on PC, consoles, and cloud gaming platforms. Signing up for early testing of the game is already available for those interested.

In the same post, Corre announced that mobile platforms will also be getting The Division game; with details about this project to be shared at a later date.

Next up, Alain Corre mentioned that The Division Netflix film adaptation is in development. The live-action movie will be directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber and star Jessica Chastain and Jake Gyllenhaal. It is said to be "inspired by the events of the original game".

As a final announcement, it was announced that a novel based on the game's universe is also in the works. It will feature a new story that takes place after The Division 2 and is said to explore "how the Outbreak affects different regions of the United States as agents fight to secure supply routes".

:arrow: SOURCE

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm gonna say it now before they unveil any gameplay.

It'll be a Tom Clancy's The Division™ battle royal. It's gonna happen, they want those delicious V-Bucks... But it's The Division... So... D-Bucks? :unsure:

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How exactly are you supposed to develop characters and make them unique individuals when everyone is wearing slight variations of the same parka and beanie hat? It'd look like a gritty live action reboot of South Park.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
rip the game no one plays...

Tom clancy is nothing less than a name that ubisoft milks nowadays, represents nothing anymore.

Last edited by ZeroFX,

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, love the Division 2 game. Still playing it, and I haven't had a bad inter-player experience yet, and I am still having quite a lot co-op experiences. The plot is simple if a person just watches the intro's and scene cuts, but there is still a plot. Think a foretelling of what happened in the last two years in the US with the riots and pandemic, then just make those riots organized by a radical terrorist organization, instead of organized protests by BLM/Antifa, who are releasing a green gas into the public to purposely infect them with a virus (read super-smallpox). I didn't start playing the game till about a year ago, but let me tell you, I was quite perplexed at how strangely surreal it was when I was listening to all the audio recordings picked up in the game and realizing how crazy things were getting on the streets of major metropolitan areas IRL. Our political and moral balance here in the US is so dang fragile, it wouldn't take much for either a super-radical group (The Hyena's from The Division) or super-reactionary group (Gilead from The Handmaid's Tale) to root itself into our systems and really cause some real damage to ordinary citizens just trying to make life happen. And that is what The Division series is about.

Last edited by Ottoclav,

roswell108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla had major bugs. Watch Dogs: Legion was missing an entire game mode. Seems logical they would run with the only title they've released recently that managed to sell the season pass after release day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...