Ubisoft announces 'Hyper Scape', a free-to-play FPS battle royale

hyper scape.PNG

Yet another company jumps on the battle royale hype train as Ubisoft announces Hyper Scape. Developed by Ubisoft Montreal, the company describes its free-to-play game as an "an intense, vertical and fast-paced battle royale experience". Hyper Scape takes place in 2054, where up to 100 Contenders face each other in the virtual city of Neo-Arcadia to determine the next champion. Three-player squads and solo players engage in these firefights, quickly transitioning from narrow streets to open rooftops and deadly interiors.

For those interested, a limited-time PC Technical Test in North America and Europe will offer the opportunity to play the game as from the 2nd-7th July by watching Twitch streams and earning Drops. The list of relevant streams is available here.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Watching streams of this. I want in. It kind of looks like if Quake was a BR with abilities. :v The vertical fights seem maddening. It actually seems fun. I like Apex Legends, but Respawn is terrible at balancing the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understand what you are saying but we are swarmed with many games like this. Long time ago people complained how COD released a game each year but they praise Battle Royale games (when they are the same thing)

I guess because it is free to play :wacko:
They're only similar in genre. PUBG, Apex, Warzone, Fortnite. They all play very differently from one another. Much like how Doom, Call of Duty, Overwatch and Battlefield share the same genre. They're completely different games.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Checked the trailer and while I'm not all too much of a big fan of Battle Royales, this honestly seems something I'll enjoy. The urban setting makes for a nice change of pace and the vertical travel seems my thing.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp: oh boy a free game, i cant wait to download this and play it on my-
game has the subtitle battle royale
Gbatemp: OMG WHO WOULD WANT THIS??? BRUH THIS TREND NEEDS TO STOP BRUH

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care much for battle royale games (except for Pokemon Rumble and Tetris 99), but the word "vertical" being used to describe FPS combat excites me greatly. I've really missed the intense verticality of Unreal Tournament of Quake, and there hasn't been much in recent years to replace the frantic fragging fun of those games, so I hope this can recapture some of that.

Last edited by StrayGuitarist, , Reason: Forgot a few incredibly important.. words.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is battle royale games are too saturated. I personally played Fortnite , Apex, and even NInjala on the switch and nothing is new here. Killzone had a free for all death match (battle royale) and this was back in 2004. Sure it fun but not everyone want to play multi-player.

The gaming world lost originality since nowadays they wanna squeeze multi-player in almost every game.
Actually there is new stuff here. This takes place in a virtual world and the structures disappear instead of the play area quickly decreasing. It is pretty similar looking to Apex as far as it being first person and basically an FPS. Also there's no healing items in this game so somebody needs to use the healing skill, and there's no armour. I don't see this replacing Fortnite or PUBG, and I probably won't play it unless they decide to put it on Switch. Apex is coming to Switch and will have crossplay in a couple months, and I love Titanfall 2, so that will fill my FPS itch, though I'm still hoping for a Titanfall 2 port. Overwatch and Paladins aren't cutting it. Besides competition is good, especially with Fortnite changing and flooding the map.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: Goku1992A

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying but we are swarmed with many games like this. Long time ago people complained how COD released a game each year but they praise Battle Royale games (when they are the same thing)

I guess because it is free to play :wacko:
Back on ps2 and before everyone tried different things and all that shit is lost nowadays. so im getting pretty tired of the trends this gen

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far the game has been pretty fun, only took 10min of twitch muted in the background to get a tech test key. needs some weapon balancing though.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back on ps2 and before everyone tried different things and all that shit is lost nowadays. so im getting pretty tired of the trends this gen
It's going to be that way from now on. Now that gaming has become more mainstream developers and publishers are treating it more like a business than an art form. It's not about making something with a good story and unique experience anymore. Now it's only about selling as many units as possible (and sometimes forcing an agenda if your writers and producers are hacks).

Reactions: Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be that way from now on. Now that gaming has become more mainstream developers and publishers are treating it more like a business than an art form. It's not about making something with a good story and unique experience anymore. Now it's only about selling as many units as possible (and sometimes forcing an agenda if your writers and producers are hacks).
Thank God For Nintendo and Emulation then

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
battle royale bad haha gimme likes

Looks interesting though, I'll definitely be giving it a try, especially since it's free. Hopefully it's got cross platform play too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.