Ubisoft announces development of original 'Splinter Cell' remake

ubi splinter cell.JPG

After an interminable wait, gamers can expect to reunite with Sam Fisher once more. Ubisoft has announced in a blog post yesterday that its Toronto branch has begun work on a full remake of the original Splinter Cell game. It will be rebuilt "from the ground up" with Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine, used to develop the upcoming Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and Ubisoft’s Star Wars game. This Snowdrop-developed Splinter Cell aims to deliver "new-generation visuals and gameplay" and "the dynamic lighting and shadows the series is known for".

For the announcement, Ubisoft News aired a new video on YouTube that includes insights from the original game's developers as well as from those working on the remake:

The Splinter Cell remake has only recently began development and as such has no release window nor information about the platforms it will launch on. You can head to the Ubisoft blog post in the source link below to read more about the interview with three developers on the project: Creative Director Chris Auty, Producer Matt West, and Technical Producer Peter Handrinos.

:arrow: SOURCE

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ubisoft, not content with basically remaking the same game over and over, albeit in a Far Cry / Assassins Creed / Watchdogs skin, are now flat-out just doing blatant remakes?
...I guess it's kind of more honest at least.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they don't hire Michael Ironside to voice Sam Fisher then the game won't do as well as it very well may.

Blacklist was genuinely a good stealth game, but without Ironside it didn't feel like Splinter Cell.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ubisoft, not content with basically remaking the same game over and over, albeit in a Far Cry / Assassins Creed / Watchdogs skin, are now flat-out just doing blatant remakes?
...I guess it's kind of more honest at least.
If they remastered Blacklist and have Ironside as Sam Fisher I'd love it. I tried playing it, except it put me off without the real VA.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they don't hire Michael Ironside to voice Sam Fisher then the game won't do as well as it very well may.

Blacklist was genuinely a good stealth game, but without Ironside it didn't feel like Splinter Cell.

He did do a great voice for the character

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hopefully the remake is better than gta trilogy remake.

The original splinter cell even tough it was released on xbox/ps2/gc still looks really good imo, so i dont think it really needed a remake but hey a remake its better than nothing i would prefer a new entry but this is what we get, im a huge splinter cell fan and played all of them so this will be a reason to replay the first game again xD.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully the remake is better than gta trilogy remake.

The original splinter cell even tough it was released on xbox/ps2/gc still looks really good imo, so i dont think it really needed a remake but hey a remake its better than nothing i would prefer a new entry but this is what we get, im a huge splinter cell fan and played all of them so this will be a reason to replay the first game again xD.
The games look good, but the camera and control tend to feel outdated even compared to Chaos Theory (no other Splinter Cell game came close to the masterpiece that's CT).

Conviction was admittedly a lot of fun, it just wasn't a stealth game. It was action-adventure.

It'd be cool to see Conviction on PS4/PS5 because the console exclusivity for Xbox 360 only probably expired a while ago.

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games look good, but the camera and control tend to feel outdated even compared to Chaos Theory (no other Splinter Cell game came close to the masterpiece that's CT).

Conviction was admittedly a lot of fun, it just wasn't a stealth game. It was action-adventure.

It'd be cool to see Conviction on PS4/PS5 because the console exclusivity for Xbox 360 only probably expired a while ago.

hmmm... [goes to look online for SC Conviction, and considers downloading it]

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... [goes to look online for SC Conviction, and considers downloading it]
Ubisoft gave it away on their PC launcher some time ago.

And also: Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

They only have to give away Pandora Tomorrow & Blacklist (eh, not exactly an SC game but I digress) and we'll have the entire collection for free on Ubisoft Connect. :P

• Love
Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ubisoft gave it away on their PC launcher some time ago.

And also: Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

They only have to give away Pandora Tomorrow & Blacklist (eh, not exactly an SC game but I digress) and we'll have the entire collection for free on Ubisoft Connect. :P

I have the Chaos Theory [PC], Then I heard you mention that Conviction was more of an Shoot-'Em up type, instead of Stealth. That's what I want. hehehe :evil:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."