Hacking U_Tility - A windows tool to help you setup any sdcard with loadiine (Can also format drives > 32GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems like a very nice tool. The auto update feature is fantastic!

Could become kinda "Wii Backup Manager" for Wii U if you keep working on it! :)

Edit: My games don't seem to show up. I've got two games on SD. Selected the drive through drop down menu and added main game folders for Hyrule Warriors and Tekken. Didn't do anything.

Last edited by lordelan,

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Seems like a very nice tool. The auto update feature is fantastic!

Could become kinda "Wii Backup Manager" for Wii U if you keep working on it! :)

Edit: My games don't seem to show up. I've got two games on SD. Selected the drive through drop down menu and added main game folders for Hyrule Warriors and Tekken. Didn't do anything.

That is odd. Do you have your games saved on your sd card in the folder /wiiu/games/XXXX ?
And you don't need to add the "main game folders" of the games. You can add the directory where you save all your games in and it'll automatically search the subfolders. So if your game is saved in F:/WiiUGames/Tekken you only need to add F:/WiiUGames. Could you try that and tell me the results?

Last edited by Tesa,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is odd. Do you have your games saved on your sd card in the folder /wiiu/games/XXXX ?
And you don't need to add the "main game folders" of the games. You can add the directory where you save all your games in and it'll automatically search the subfolders. So if your game is saved in F:/WiiUGames/Tekken you only need to add F:/WiiUGames. Could you try that and tell me the results?
I already thought about this. Even adding the main WiiU folder won't change anything.
By the way: When I select my sd card as a first step the progress bar only fills half way (which could be because it's half full of games) but it keeps blinking.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was just testing it just now .. it loaded up all 53 games on my sdcard :) make should you have all your META folders in your games :)

Reactions: fiveighteen

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i was just testing it just now .. it loaded up all 53 games on my sdcard :) make should you have all your META folders in your games :)
Ah, THAT could be the point. Since all guides for Loadiine told me I can ignore META stuff I just copied code and content.
Thanks! Whill check this out later when I'm home again.

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ah, THAT could be the point. Since all guides for Loadiine told me I can ignore META stuff I just copied code and content.
Thanks! Whill check this out later when I'm home again.
Oh yeah, I might be able to fix that in a patch that it still displays them. Anyhow, I would advice you to keep the meta data folder for Loadiine gx since it'll utilize that. (U_Tility also copies it for you)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh yeah, I might be able to fix that in a patch that it still displays them. Anyhow, I would advice you to keep the meta data folder for Loadiine gx since it'll utilize that. (U_Tility also copies it for you)
Wouldn't it be possible to analyse the game's rpx or rpl files to get their ID in order to pull cover arts and information from gametdb like Wii Backup Manager does? :)

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
By the way: When I select my sd card as a first step the progress bar only fills half way (which could be because it's half full of games) but it keeps blinking.
The progressbar indicates how much space is left on the card. Does the "blinking" occure every 10 seconds? It might be a problem in the tick where it checks the card for changes.

Wouldn't it be possible to analyse the game's rpx or rpl files to get their ID in order to pull cover arts and information from gametdb like Wii Backup Manager does? :)
Interresting idea, I'll check that out at some point. If I can actually pull the Title ID from there I might even be able to recreate the meta folder via NUS.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The progressbar indicates how much space is left on the card. Does the "blinking" occure every 10 seconds? It might be a problem in the tick where it checks the card for changes.

Interresting idea, I'll check that out at some point. If I can actually pull the Title ID from there I might even be able to recreate the meta folder via NUS.
Pretty cool. That's the direction I was aiming for. Keep it up buddy! :)

Edit: At blinking -> I'm not at home now but I guess it was more frequently than just every 10 seconds.

Last edited by lordelan,

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pretty cool. That's the direction I was aiming for. Keep it up buddy! :)
You are indeed very right, the titleid is also in the app.xml. It might take a little but I'll change the code according to it. (Problem is you can't get the ID6 from there since you can't easily convert titleid -> product code. I'll most likely just use the list from wiiubrew.org for that)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are indeed very right, the titleid is also in the app.xml. It might take a little but I'll change the code according to it. (Problem is you can't get the ID6 from there since you can't easily convert titleid -> product code. I'll most likely just use the list from wiiubrew.org for that)
I'm not that into it but on Wii we've got these 6 digits long IDs (RPMX06 and so on) where as we have these long hex codes (title id) on Wii U games, right?
And you would need to convert these title IDs into these 6 digits long IDs which can be found on gametdb?

Just curious. :)

But however ... starting with the wiiubrew.org list would be a good point to get in. I'm here to give feedback once you updated your tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr