U.S. VC Update [2-12-07]

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by [M]artin, Feb 12, 2007.

Feb 12, 2007

U.S. VC Update [2-12-07] by [M]artin at 5:12 PM (928 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Three New Titles Added: [2-12-07]

Kirby's Adventure, Ice Climber, and Kid Icarus.

Kirby's Adventure™ (NES®, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Not everything is well in Dream Land. For some mysterious reason, the Dream Spring, a magical well that is the reservoir for all the dreams of the citizens of Dream Land, is no longer working. Everyone is being subjected to their worst nightmares every time they go to sleep. Upon reaching the Dream Spring, Kirby finds out that evil King Dedede has stolen the Star Rod, thus depriving Dream Land of the magical energy that feeds its spring. Using 20 unique tricks and the ability to steal enemies' powers by swallowing them, players have to make their way through a horrific land filled with all kinds of nightmares. Recover the broken pieces of the Star Rod and everyone in Dream Land will sleep peacefully once again. Fail and the citizens of Dream Land will be subjected to a lifetime of terrible nightmares.

Ice Climber™ (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): As Popo, players use a trusty mallet to work their way up the mountain. They chip away at the blocks overhead, then jump up through the resulting hole to the mountain's next level. Once Popo reaches the top level, he enters a fast-moving bonus stage in which he can pick up veggies and, hopefully, reach the summit for a big point payoff. Of course, not everyone's supportive of Popo's pastime. Toppies fill Popo's holes, so players must jump through the gaps quickly. It's easy to slip off some of the icy levels, as Polar Bears, Toppies and other ferocious fauna don't want players up there. There are 32 challenging peaks to scale – players can face them alone or with a friend.

Kid Icarus™ (NES, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): In a time when men and gods lived in harmony, the kingdom of Angel Land was ruled by two goddesses: Palutena, the Goddess of Light, and Medusa, the Goddess of Darkness. Unlike Palutena, Medusa despised all humans and enjoyed destroying their crops and turning them into stone. One day, Palutena decided to punish the evil Medusa and banished her after turning her into a hideous monster. But Medusa would not go without a fight. She created an army of monsters and evil spirits and captured Palutena. Players play as Pit, a young angel trapped in the Underworld, and Palutena's only hope. They use a magical bow to retrieve the Sacred Treasures, defeat Medusa and restore peace to Angel Land.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Some classic games there, too bad I never played them at any length.

3. DarkLink

Member DarkLink Advanced Member

United States
    I was so looking forward to Donkey Kong Country and Zelda II for this week [​IMG]

4. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Wow! I want Ice Climber too! [​IMG]

5. Wanque

Member Wanque GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You were looking forward to Zelda II? You need to get your head examined! [​IMG]

I wonder when they're going to release Ocarina of Time? I just finished Twighlight Princess, and I've got a Zelda itch that needs Link-scratching!

6. DarkLink

Member DarkLink Advanced Member

United States
    yup I want to collect them all! although not sure if I want to pay for Zelda Ocarina of Time... already got it about ten times.... and yes i mean originals...

7. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    I too was hoping for donkey kong country today, but kid icarus will satify me for the week!