• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this were REALLY about children, the state would ensure they have access to the things required to LIVE their life: healthcare, education, meals, playtime. None of this happens.
THATS my point
They do care about them... when they are inside the belly of their mom
As i said, once they're out, ciao bye kid, you're on your own

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Let's just say that some states like Texas really protect their childrens...
While they're in their mom...
Once they are out, ciao bye, you're on your own kid

Most of the time they aren't on their own. Once they are born there are the mother and father whose responsibility is to raise the child.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the time they aren't on their own. Once they are born there are the mother and father whose responsibility is to raise the child.
i meant about the involving of the government in protecting them

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost 90 pages of back and forth vicious arguing and strangling each other and neither side has convinced the other. Incredibly productive and civil political conversations indeed that needed to be desperately on this site.

This whole thread should be the example on why a politics section is not nor ever needed on a game modding site, or any site on the web in general.

Reactions: SAIYAN48

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I more don't like the idea of the federal gov enforcing laws on state gov. I personally am indifferent towards abortion being legal or not, I just don't like a law being forced onto a state, that didn't vote for it. I feel the same way about gay marriage and weed.

Also, having such things leak out early is just wrong, and should be investigated.
And slavery!

Anyway the real crime here is the leak. How dare anyone leak information! Squirrel!

• Haha
Reactions: Dakitten

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway the real crime here is the leak. How dare anyone leak information! Squirrel!
Yes, I understand your point, but this sets a really bad precedent.

If someone disagrees with something, they can leak it, get people riled up, and if they're caught, just point to the supreme justice case and say "They weren't punished, so why am I?"

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, "the religious will never stop fighting their religious war against human rights. its best to find a compromise where we can at least establish some of the more basic human rights, even if the science has to be ignored to do."? it's a bit depressing, but hard to argue.
Nope, that’s not what I am saying at all. What you’re saying is grossly ignorant, and demonstrates the zealotry that entrenches this problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I understand your point, but this sets a really bad precedent.

If someone disagrees with something, they can leak it, get people riled up, and if they're caught, just point to the supreme justice case and say "They weren't punished, so why am I?"
Why should they be punished when one SC judge and his wife actively conspired against the POTUS and nothing was done.

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oy, where to begin with this one...
I can't tell if you're trolling, or if you are really this profoundly ignorant.. In short…

First, the ideology of those against abortion rights is rooted in theology.
FALSE: There are many people opposed to abortion who are atheistic or agnostic.
FALSE: Abortion is not a right. Never was.

Any compromise would legitimize a state religion and that would be a pretty miserable state of affairs.
FALSE: The USA has a myriad of cultural and religious exceptions in its law, which is one of the main reasons that so many people migrated there. The end effect has been a pluralism, and not a monolith state law. All of history would seem to contradict your horrifying assertion agains… “compromise.” Are you also against peace & love?

Roe v Wade may not have had the strongest legal foundation, but the Supreme Court did honor it and consistently had elected officials bring it up before adding members to the bench, only to have many members betray the trust of the representatives of the people. It might have been struck down on a legal premise, but it was removed over a theological concept against the will of the populous it serves.
FALSE: The extremely well documented problems with Roe v Wade is strictly constitutional law. There is no theological argument being made.

Admitting that abortion is murder is just wrong on its face. Unless menstruation is accidental manslaughter like Baxter's insane rant about soul vessels and "natural death", it isn't murder, it is a medical procedure done for a myriad of reasons on something with the potential for life.
FALSE: Infanticide is murder. The question is when does abortion become infanticide? Is it ok to allow abortion one minutes after a baby is born? How about one minute before? Once you admit there is a limit. There is a real, blurry aline that needs to be dealt with. Ad-absurdium arguments about menstruation are about as uselessly childish as covering your ears and screaming ‘I can't hear you!’

If you're having an issue about when something is viable or alive or whatever, I encourage you to talk with somebody who has had an abortion or even a miscarriage. It is an emotional, painful thing, something nobody would wish on themselves a second time let alone anybody else, and accusing people of being murderers on top of it is just disgusting.
FALSE: I have spoken with people who have had abortions, and am deeply sympathetic towards them. I have never, and would never, EVER, equate them with murderers. I ask that you apologize for publicly making such a disgraceful false statement about me.

That mere fact that you mention "miscarriages" reveals a profound lack of self-awareness. Why would anyone care about miscarriage? It's just a thing that happens your body, like indigestion? Nothing has been lost, right?

Topping off, like I've said before, nobody has a 5 month abortion just because they got a wild hair up their butt one day. I don't know what kinds of scenarios guys think women get abortions for, but it just doesn't work like that.
FALSE: This has literally nothing to do with sex & gender politics. The fact is that most anti-bortion (and pro-choice) lobbyist are female.

There is no room for compromise here, women are masters of their own bodies and should be able to choose if something should or shouldn't be inside of them.
FALSE: There is always room for compromise. There is only no room for compromise if you want to fight a forever war. You could easily open your eyes and see that the overwhelming majority of people do not believe that women should be able to kill their unborn child right up to the moment it traverses the vaginal canal.

IF there is some lady out there who wants to endure all the pain and agony of going to 5 months routinely just so they can imagine they're a mass murderer, that person needs mental help immediately, not legal repercussions.
FALSE: I have never, ever, equated abortion with mass-murder. I ask that you apologize for publicly making such a disgraceful false statement about me.

Everyone else has reasons, and men have to learn to respect that. End of story.
FALSE: Men have every bit as responsibility as women to protect their unborn children, and to protect the bodily autonomy of women. Sex & gender are not a zero-sum game.

Oh, if this thread has proven anything, it is EASY to argue. Difficult to convince others on, maybe, but at least in America, there is supposed to be a separation of church and state, so the argument is that religion shouldn't alter policy.
FALSE: The argument is not religions. Never was. You clearly haven't bothered to read my message, or the leaked Supreme Court doc.

And here we come back to my favorite. I'll tell you what, you come up with a way to have a birth with your own body in a society where all your needs for a happy and healthy life for you and your child are guaranteed by the government, and I will humor this argument endlessly. Until then, I'm going to focus on the fact that you say it is a blessing with no earthly idea of what it can do to your body and mind and pocketbook and personal goals, and that you actually said the quiet part out loud and mentioned the church becoming the state. Good luck with that in Japan.
You are literally arguing my assertions that there needs to be compassion, compromise, limits, social supports in order to find peace. Good luck with your angry extremism.

• Haha

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Getting an abortion is not the same as not having gotten pregnant. Having an abortion is a form of withdrawing consent,
If you get punched and your nose broken and then you go to the hospital to get your nose set, then you aren't withdrawing consent to having your nose broken. You never did consent.

It's pretty much the same, women are just going back to having their wombs reset.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
just because one person was not punished doesn't mean you should be allowed to leak confidential information.

If it's the left they get a pass on leaking, stealing, rioting tens of thousands of times, arson, murder, trespassing, assault and all forms of violence because for some reason its their civic duty. However if you're on the right you can't do any of those things just a single time or you're some fascist that needs to be locked away. The lefties are really fucked in the head.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,
  • Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's the left they get a pass on leaking, stealing, rioting tens of thousands of times, arson, trespassing, assault and all forms of violence because for some reason its their civic duty. However if you're on the right you can't do any of those things just a single time or you're some fascist that needs to be locked away. The lefties are really fucked in the head.
Yes it was the left who assaulted the capitol last year, those terrorists! Ah no wait. Those were RepubliKKKunts terrorists

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it was the left who assaulted the capitol last year, those terrorists! Ah no wait. Those were RepubliKKKunts terrorists
at least they weren't the terrorists that burnt down cities, beat people to death, and forced us to create a law making it legal to run protesters over if they block the entire road

was it bad? yes, but don't act as if the left is innocent.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
at least they weren't the terrorists that burnt down cities, beat people to death, and forced us to create a law making it legal to run protesters over if they block the entire road

was it bad? yes, but don't act as if the left is innocent.
Those were the proud boys. Not BLM. The one beating people to death are cops.

And that law doesn't belong in any democracy. No wonder America is a joke. Protests are meant to be disruptive, you murderer. Getting all high and mighty about a cluster of cells but no issues at all murdering adults protesting for their eifht to live. Disgusting.

Reactions: SyphenFreht

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1