• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave you the metric I use when life starts and that if you've already forgotten its when the egg is fertilized. I do believe in God, but I don't measure when life starts from any passage in the Bible. I simply have a gut feeling that I go by. I did link to a religious organization as one of 2 links I provided, but I didn't link to it because I'm a Christian. I linked to them because I wanted to provide the most accurate answer to @smf 's question, which was what percentage of women get an abortion out of convenience.

Of course, I am attacked over the sources because they shine a light on the percentages, which are all 80-90% of women have abortions over simple convenience and that makes the pro-choice people look bad. However, I don't need to post manipulated statistics. I simply wanted to answer smf's question. I could care less if the figures were 10%, 33% or the 80-90%. @Foxi4 even provided his own link containing statistics that also answer smf's question and the results are around the same as the two sites I linked to. @SyphenFreht also provided 3 links to sites, but they didn't answer smf's question so I'm not even sure why he linked to them.

So to sum it up I am religious, but my opinion comes from a gut feeling. So yes, your assumption was wrong.

Ignored.
You're only getting attacked for your sources because they're biased. Regardless of how true the statistics may or not be, you can't argue proven science with religious backed ideals (not even yours, those of the person(s) providing the statistics. If you found a general consensus showing the same statistics across non biased sources, that includes the majority of women across the globe, not six historically religious and anti abortion states, then you'd have more credibility. As you saw but apparently did not understand earlier with my links, anyone can Google a standpoint, cherry pick a website that fits their narrative, and hype it up like it's accurate.

You want people to see your side? Show some unbiased statistics and science. Otherwise, arguing over feeling will get no one anywhere.

Well, except ignored 😅🤣😂

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think about it, if a heartbeat didn't mean life, then what the hell would it mean?
The question isn't whether a heartbeat means life. It obviously does. The question is what value do we place upon that life? Chickens have heartbeats, but most people have no problem with killing and eating them. We allow that because although they are alive, they are not people. The same is true of a braindead patient in a hospital. If there's no brain activity, the heartbeat is just pumping blood to keep an empty shell alive; it's not a person anymore. As such, some people opt to pull the plug, and they don't get charged with murder.

Abortion is the same way. People who support abortion rights generally aren't disputing that the fetus is alive. They're saying that the rights of the mother are more important than the rights of a fetus that cannot think or feel and thus doesn't qualify for the protections enjoyed by a person.

Of course, I am attacked over the sources because they shine a light on the percentages, which are all 80-90% of women have abortions over simple convenience and that makes the pro-choice people look bad.
People who support abortion rights don't care why a woman chooses to have an abortion. It's her right to do it whenever she wants and for whatever reason, although it doesn't free her from the consequences (e.g. a broken marriage because she got an abortion without consulting the father). Trying to shame people who support abortion rights by saying women get abortions out of "convenience" isn't an effective tactic.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave you the metric I use when life starts and that if you've already forgotten its when the egg is fertilized. I do believe in God, but I don't measure when life starts from any passage in the Bible. I simply have a gut feeling that I go by. I did link to a religious organization as one of 2 links I provided, but I didn't link to it because I'm a Christian. I linked to them because I wanted to provide the most accurate answer to @smf 's question, which was what percentage of women get an abortion out of convenience.

Of course, I am attacked over the sources because they shine a light on the percentages, which are all 80-90% of women have abortions over simple convenience and that makes the pro-choice people look bad. However, I don't need to post manipulated statistics. I simply wanted to answer smf's question. I could care less if the figures were 10%, 33% or the 80-90%. @Foxi4 even provided his own link containing statistics that also answer smf's question and the results are around the same as the two sites I linked to. @SyphenFreht also provided 3 links to sites, but they didn't answer smf's question so I'm not even sure why he linked to them.

So to sum it up I am religious, but my opinion comes from a gut feeling. So yes, your assumption was wrong.

Ignored.
lmfao, cant even make a proper argument because you know im right, if the baby isnt physically hurt by having an abortion, its perfectly ok, hearts dont dictate pain, the brain does, thats the end of it.

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ignored.
if your against abortion regardless of wether there's danger to the child and or mother, your just a bad person.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also while we're talking about abortion, the people who exposed Planned Parenthood for doing illegal stuff with fetuses were charged with 9 & 8 felonies respectively.

Kinda makes you think twice about wanting to allow abortion, doesn't it? The fact that they take something with your body and do illegal acts with it? And punish the innocent people trying to whistle-blow on it?

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also while we're talking about abortion, the people who exposed Planned Parenthood for doing illegal stuff with fetuses were charged with 9 & 8 felonies respectively.

Kinda makes you think twice about wanting to allow abortion, doesn't it? The fact that they take something with your body and do illegal acts with it? And punish the innocent people trying to whistle-blow on it?
no, it doesn't, because your trying to make it seem as if what happened there is gonna happen with the majority of abortion, just cause some idiots wanted to do some illegal shit, doesn't mean everyone is.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it doesn't, because your trying to make it seem as if what happened there is gonna happen with the majority of abortion, just cause some idiots wanted to do some illegal shit, doesn't mean everyone is.
i mean, arresting them for daring to call out the illegal shit they were doing seems kinda wack.

Going by that logic, everyone who calls out something illegal happening should go to jail for 8 or 9 felonies, because hey, we love those guys, protect them at all costs and punish anyone going against the norm!

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
You use pejorative terms all the time.

Women get an abortion because they want an abortion.

You can pretend that some of those reasons are more valid than others, but it doesn't make it so.

Saying it's "out of convenience" just makes you irrelevant.

You're the one who asked how many women get abortions out of convenience, which is why I responded with two different sites with similar statistics. Foxi4 also shared a site with similar statistics. I was just trying to answer your question.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/u-s-sup...n-rights-decision.611748/page-49#post-9830210

https://gbatemp.net/threads/u-s-sup...n-rights-decision.611748/page-50#post-9830290

People who support abortion rights don't care why a woman chooses to have an abortion. It's her right to do it whenever she wants and for whatever reason, although it doesn't free her from the consequences (e.g. a broken marriage because she got an abortion without consulting the father). Trying to shame people who support abortion rights by saying women get abortions out of "convenience" isn't an effective tactic.

Smf asked how many women get abortions out of convenience. I was just responding to his question. I realize that most abortion supporters don't care what the reason is for the women getting the abortion and a large part of them could care less if the baby is aborted 3 seconds before birth.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ignored.
I'm not sure which is worse: Wanting to legislate your own religious beliefs onto others, or wanting to take away people's rights on a "gut feeling."

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I'm not sure which is worse: Wanting to legislate your own religious beliefs onto others, or wanting to take away people's rights on a "gut feeling."

Every single day you act on gut feelings so unless you're not human I don't know what to tell you. I also don't care if you dislike my gut feelings or how I act on them.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're referring to the 2015 undercover videos, Planned Parenthood was found to have done nothing wrong, and it was the people who did the recordings and manipulatively edited them who were charged with felonies.

Every single day you act on gut feelings so unless you're not human I don't know what to tell you. I also don't care if you dislike my gut feelings or how I act on them.
I've never taken away a person's legal rights on the basis of "gut feeling," and I'm not sure why anyone would want to. If you can't articulate a good justification for taking away those rights, then doesn't that mean you have no way to know whether you're right or wrong?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Smf asked how many women get abortions out of convenience. I was just responding to his question. I realize that most abortion supporters don't care what the reason is for the women getting the abortion and a large part of them could care less if the baby is aborted 3 seconds before birth.
I actually don't remember asking you, I certainly don't believe you in any case.

I also don't think it's helpful to talk about convenience. If you break your leg, it's convenient to have it put in a cast. If you are dying of covid it's convenient to be put on a ventilator.

convenient: fitting in well with a person's needs, activities, and plans.

Nobody plans to be raped, therefore an abortion as a result of rape is convenient. Being raped is very inconvenient. Condom bursting is very inconvenient. It's unhelful to use that term, unless your point is to make us ignore your opinion (in which case it's working)

You are clinically delusional if you realize that "most abortion supporters" "could care less if the baby is aborted 3 seconds before birth"

You don't seem interested in correcting your misconceptions anyway.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're the one who asked how many women get abortions out of convenience, which is why I responded with two different sites with similar statistics. Foxi4 also shared a site with similar statistics. I was just trying to answer your question.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/u-s-sup...n-rights-decision.611748/page-49#post-9830210

https://gbatemp.net/threads/u-s-sup...n-rights-decision.611748/page-50#post-9830290

bruh, what the fuck, all i can do is laugh :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every day people act on gut feelings and end up in prison.

They are ok for deciding what kind of sandwich you should have today, but not for making important decisions.

Which is why you don't get to make those decisions.

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that most abortion supporters don't care what the reason is for the women getting the abortion and a large part of them could care less if the baby is aborted 3 seconds before birth.
What's your source for that? Roe's threshold is more conservative than that.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, he's only doing what you guys are doing to babies.

dehumanizing hurts everyone.
But dehumanising the mother in the process of giving rights to something that barely has a conscience, at best, is ok? How many women haters do we have on this forum?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg