• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making assumptions is still an odd way to make a point.
It's hardly an assumption. We'll just have to wait and see what his answer to my question is.

I hope they come in a pretty big boat, I’m a 2A guy. While my right to own means of self-defense as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights of 1689 was infringed upon in the UK (which is regrettable and should be corrected), I have other means to defend my rights, some more creative than others.
Are you suggesting that when rights like abortion access are taken away, women can get those rights back by arming themselves?

Now you're just trolling.
It was a joke.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro-Choice.
Whether you think it right or not, its just not anyone else decision to make.
The Woman, her family and her doctors are all that's need to be involved.
Making a blanket medical decision completely blind to all of facts of a specific situation is plainly wrong.
Stripping a women the right to make a medical choice takes all the people involved and facts out of the decision making.
How could that even be remotely ok?
A women must have the right to choose.

Reactions: SAIYAN48 and Lacius

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's hardly an assumption. We'll just have to wait and see what his answer to my question is.
Waiting to be proven correct or incorrect leaves a considerable margin for error. You wouldn’t be at risk of being wrong if you didn’t engage in guesswork. Besides, regardless of what his answer’s going to be, you’re not going to believe him anyway - you’ve shown your hand in the first post already by making the accusation, it’s not like he can change your mind by denying it.
Are you suggesting that when rights like abortion access are taken away, women can get those rights back by arming themselves?
They’d certainly be safer, both from government interference and from strangers in dark alleys. More women should carry, and be familiar with firearms. Statistically, they’re smaller, weaker and slower than a potential assailant, just on average - a gun in a situation like that is the great equaliser. The possibility of becoming part of that 2-5% statistic that makes abortion access necessary in certain cases would be ever so slightly alleviated if that were the case.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
96.50% of abortions are done simply because its an convenience.

https://www.hli.org/resources/why-women-abort/

In all fairness, he didn’t mention any religious beliefs at all. You did.

In all fairness it's not hard to make that jump when someone presents you with Christian backed science. While it could still be argued that he himself doesn't hold Christian beliefs, you can't call someone out for assumption based off what's presented.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More women should carry, and be familiar with firearms. Statistically, they’re smaller, weaker and slower than a potential assailant, just on average - a gun in a situation like that is the great equaliser.
I suggest you start a new thread if you want to debate the merits of gun ownership/policy, as that issue is nearly as divisive as abortion in the US and could derail the thread.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In all fairness it's not hard to make that jump when someone presents you with Christian backed science. While it could still be argued that he himself doesn't hold Christian beliefs, you can't call someone out for assumption based off what's presented.
Quoting a statistic from a given source doesn’t automatically mean that you align ideologically or religiously with the source, especially not in the age of Google. Most internet arguments are conducted by angrily punching at keyboards in a separate tab and scrolling through results until something more-or-less legitimate shows up. HLI is one of the biggest anti-abortion organisations in the United States, of course it provides statistics on the subject. An educated guess is a guess nonetheless.
I suggest you start a new thread if you want to debate the merits of gun ownership/policy, as that issue is nearly as divisive as abortion in the US and could derail the thread.
I’m mentioning it in passing. Americans are enjoying freedoms most nations in the world can’t. They have clearly defined and enumerated rights, including the second amendment so as to defend all of the other ones. This is relevant, because a small but concerning number of abortions are performed to alleviate the consequences of rape. If anyone is a strong defender of bodily integrity, they should be a proponent of women bearing arms.

Last edited by Foxi4,

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All life is sacred. There's no excuse for terminating a pregnancy that would acquit the women of murdering an unborn child.

Also, do you know how much of those things you listed happen percentage wise compared to people who just want to have sex and get pregnant?

I also see the liberals claiming that conservatives don't care about the child after its born. That's false. They care, its just not their responsibility to raise the child for the loser parents that refuse to do so. It's the parents job to care for the kid, not random strangers.

Most unwanted pregnancies could be avoided if you take birth control pills, have an operation, wear protection, avoid sex, etc ... It's just you have to be a responsible adult because the majority of pregnancies that happen are just people who refuse to take responsibility and are careless in their actions.
nope, if someone raped me and i was carrying a baby, i would get an abortion instantly without question, im not bringing a child in this world just for it to have to be put up for adoption.

In that very rare circumstance, yes.
wow, you are, and I don't usually say this, because I try and be a decent person by not disrespecting people to this extent, but you are a terrible human, like, a child is in danger, and your gonna be okay with that child potentially dying because you want the world to be continuously overpopulated no matter what? man.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an arbitrary cut off point that happens to be before most women would be aware they were pregnant, is a little disingenuous.

You would get more consensus around 12 weeks. Can you make up some reason around the 12 week mark?
For one, wrong person.
For two, heartbeats mean a person is alive, meaning that the babies are alive. I'm not going to budge on this at all, considering I'm already for allowing rape victims and women who will die from giving birth at any time. 6 weeks is more than enough.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For one, wrong person.
For two, heartbeats mean a person is alive, meaning that the babies are alive. I'm not going to budge on this at all, considering I'm already for allowing rape victims and women who will die from giving birth at any time. 6 weeks is more than enough.
Many women don't know that they're pregnant at 6 weeks.

Reactions: smf

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Abort never become Legal, if you abort you are killing ¿you think this is good? You are a mental illness, if you don't have care in your things... is your fault no of the live who you now Should help in your life, this world is becoming down, down and down

#TheAbortIsKilling

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Abort never become Legal, if you abort you are killing ¿you think this is good? You are a mental illness, if you don't have care in your things... is your fault no of the live who you now Should help in your life, this world is becoming down, down and down

#TheAbortIsKilling
your the mental illness thinking its okay for rape victims to be forced to have a child because of some bastard.

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the mental illness if you think "Kill someone is good"
welp I accept my mental illness if it means im not bringing a child into this world which will either A: be put up for adoption and possibly never see his real parents. B: their mother growing to resent them because they can only think of the rapist when they look at them. or C: them being completely unable to support having a child due to either the mother possibly dying because of issues, or not having the mentality to care for them.

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
your the mental illness thinking its okay for rape victims to be forced to have a child because of some bastard.
The truth is I don't even know why I'm talking about this on a page about videogames, unlocking consoles and homebrew, I came here for help with homebrew not to talk about things that are clearly bad like abortion

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The truth is I don't even know why I'm talking about this on a page about videogames, unlocking consoles and homebrew, I came here for help with homebrew not to talk about things that are clearly bad like abortion
its only "clearly bad" to people with the inability to use their brains and think about the future of that child and or the mother. Its not difficult AT ALL.

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
welp I accept my mental illness if it means im not bringing a child into this world which will either A: be put up for adoption and possibly never see his real parents. B: their mother growing to resent them because they can only think of the rapist when they look at them. or C: them being completely unable to support having a child due to either the mother possibly dying because of issues, or not having the mentality to care for them.
for every person who has a child and does not want it, there are 10 who want a child and cannot, and don't come to me with your progressive excuses, Although I am not a 100% conservationist, I know what things are not right and what are
its only "clearly bad" to people with the inability to use their brains and think about the future of that child and or the mother. Its not difficult AT ALL.
Literary two progress things are who I don't accept, I am 80% progress and 20% conservationist, "the Abort is bad" the 10% of conservationist I have

Now I will install homebrew in my Wii U, bye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.