Not open for further replies.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
[Microsoft and Sony might sound supremely confident about 2012, but what do the numbers say? Gamasutra analyst Matt Matthews examines U.S. hardware sales data.]

Microsoft may be riding high after record sales in 2011, and it may feel confident that 2012 "will be a bigger year," but the facts so far at retail in the U.S. are not on Microsoft's side. Xbox 360 hardware sales are down 24 percent so far this year compared to the same January-February period in 2011.

Source

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Interesting article with quite a few good points. There are still a few things that stand out and I honestly expected them to be mentioned regarding drops in sales and the likes:

Take a moment to look back up at the January-February chart and note that if we combined Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS sales for the first two months of this year, sales of that combined platform would only be down only 14 percent compared to last year. Sure, still down year-over-year, but distinctly better than every other platform that was out a year ago.

Odd that this was mentioned, but there isn't a word about PSV+PSP sales so far this year compared to last year (yes the PSV wasn't out last year during the time, but neither was the 3DS for the most of it). PSV sales actually go above the PSP sales of 2011. The DS and PSP sales compared to this year aren't that surprising, since both of them have a new console possible of playing previous gen games :rolleyes:

Also: Why Patcher?

EDIT: :ninja: 'd

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice article, completely unbiased (unlike SOME I've read recently) and an overall interesting read. He makes some very good points and I agree that Microsoft and Sony are going to have to make a price cut this year is they wish for Xbox 360 and PS3 sales to continue to rise.

Thanks for the share.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT copy and paste entire articles. You are free to quote and use all the citations you like, but to publish an entire article here without express permission from the author is copyright infringement. The USN board is for user news, not copied articles by users.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s