• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.K. Banks threaten customers to close their accounts if they don't wear masks

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,765
  • Replies 44
D

Deleted User

OP
Refusing service is one thing, but closing their account is extreme.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/barclays-santander--natwest-update-23314083

I never thought I'd read this although it's not surprising since banks can be rather sketchy, an example; HSBC themselves were in the laundering-money business and maybe still are. First, it was the media that I lost trust for and now, it's beginning to be with banks pulling this shit as it shows they can do more or less anything.

Another example of shady bank business is the Portuguese bank BES which has been rebranded as "Novo Banco" (English: "New Bank" yeah, seriously) whom stole people's money and their savings. This article by Forbes seems to cover it decently.

D

Deleted User

OP
seems reasonable to me tbh
How is that reasonable? It's going from 0 to 100.

Reasonable would be to refuse service, not close a person's account which can dramatically affect their life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

covid laws the age of tyranny

next it will be the vaccine. no vaccine no bank account
In Ireland they have an app which allows a person to go to different places so you're about right. Still, under the UNESCO declaration they can't deny people their rights, but what do we see here? They're trying to close people's accounts.

By now everyone knows masks are mandatory to wear when in establishments. So, there's nothing reasonable about closing a person's account, it's more like a trap to make them lose everything he/she has.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah idk why anyone's mad at this
the ONLY valid excuse for not wearing a mask is a legitimate medical one- and considering that a medical condition so serious that just wearing a mask makes it impossible for you to breathe or function would be so serious as to keep you hospitalized with or WITHOUT one (there's even videos of people with asthma and whatnot doing MARATHONS wearing a mask to prove it's a load of crap), it's safe to say anyone complaining about having to wear a mask in public is spouting bs

oh, and while we're at it, same goes for vaccines
unless you have some condition that makes it fundamentally unsafe, or a history of having major adverse reactions to vaccines for similar diseases, there is no fucking excuse
don't endanger yourself and everyone around you because you're either scared of needles and/or let a deific imaginary friend govern your basic life choices
or, for that matter, if you're so fucking stupid you actually believe antivaxx bullshit

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
the vaccine is not to cure covid,it's to kill billions of unwanted people, you want to take this poison vaccine then go ahead but do not tell others to do so.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
the vaccine is not to cure covid,it's to kill billions of unwanted people, you want to take this poison vaccine then go ahead but do not tell others to do so.
Really? The vaccine kills you??? Sign me the fuck up buddy

D

Deleted User

OP
you'd expect murica to do something like this instead :lol:
probably to a 3rd world country that is considering or going in the direction of not capitalism.

So I ask, what would be the point of that?
What's the point of killing billions of people?
I mean, last time I checked companies want your money. Gotta keep you a reoccurring consumer
Also Let's not forget, most people are the bottom 90% which makes up the work force. Which could ya know...
tank the economy

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably to a 3rd world country that is considering or going in the direction of not capitalism.

So I ask, what would be the point of that?
What's the point of killing billions of people?
I mean, last time I checked companies want your money. Gotta keep you a reoccurring consumer
Also Let's not forget, most people are the bottom 90% which makes up the work force. Which could ya know...
tank the economy
There's no point. Antivaxxers aren't just stupid, they're also too stupid to realize that no company in their right mind would want to kill their own customer base en masse.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
you have no right calling anyone stupid just because they don't see what is happening in the world the same way you do. my point is go take the vaccine if you are even serious about taking it just do not encourage others to take it. it's none of your business & you are not responsible for their health if or when something bad happens to them from taking it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is that reasonable? It's going from 0 to 100.

Reasonable would be to refuse service, not close a person's account which can dramatically affect their life.

You mean like how their retarded anti-mask mindset could dramatically affect the life of people they infect?

Anti-maskers are selfish dipshits. There is literally 0 reason to refuse to wear a mask other than pure selfishness. Unless explicitly excused by a medical professional, at which point you probably shouldn't be in public to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all