Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Reese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FK installer? I don't even know what that does, but I think it is used when installing drivers or something during setup. Just go into where you put the U.B. Funkeys folder, go into it, click on the RadicaGame folder and finally double click the UBFunkeys.exe file. If you want a shortcut to it just right click on your desktop, go to new, select shortcut, and copy the location of the item which is shown above in the file explorer bar, but instead you could just click on browse and then click your way into the .exe file and set that as the location of the .exe. After that, you have a shortcut like you have had installed it.
PLEASE at this point you guys are my only hope. I have tried everything it just wont acknowledge that my hub(s) is plugged in.

Hypermegasonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE at this point you guys are my only hope. I have tried everything it just wont acknowledge that my hub(s) is plugged in.
I'm having the exact same problem. Although the pc i'm trying to install it on doesn't have an optical Disk Drive, so i'm installing it on another pc and I can't get past the "please plug in your U.B. Hub to your computer now" screen.

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you are running a x32 bit system, just proceed as I said, but if you have a x64 bit system, download and follow the x64 bit patch. The patch should fix any driver issues.

John_Reese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you are running a x32 bit system, just proceed as I said, but if you have a x64 bit system, download and follow the x64 bit patch. The patch should fix any driver issues.
It refuses to acknowledge that my UB hub is plugged in ive tried multiple even with the patch. Also Ive tried a VM and I cant connect to the internet on VM

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It refuses to acknowledge that my UB hub is plugged in ive tried multiple even with the patch. Also Ive tried a VM and I cant connect to the internet on VM
If you have a disk, you can install the x32 bit drivers through it and it seems that you are running a x64 bit system so you might want to follow the x64 bit patch. If it still doesn't recognize the hub is plugged in, chances are that your hub is broken.

roddyprimes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my computer recognized the hub (downloaded MegaByte when I plugged it in) but I'm still getting an issue where it doesn't recognize the hub being plugged in during installation. I'm not getting the error message that the patch program is saying I should get, but the patch says it downloaded correctly. My installation stops at the "Please plug your hub in now" screen. I've tried the three USB ports on my laptop, but I'm getting nothing. Is there a way to fix that, or is my hub just messed up? I've had it since I was a kid so it would make sense that it's broken now, but I really want to play this game again and I don't want to buy a new hub if I'm just doing something wrong.

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my computer recognized the hub (downloaded MegaByte when I plugged it in) but I'm still getting an issue where it doesn't recognize the hub being plugged in during installation. I'm not getting the error message that the patch program is saying I should get, but the patch says it downloaded correctly. My installation stops at the "Please plug your hub in now" screen. I've tried the three USB ports on my laptop, but I'm getting nothing. Is there a way to fix that, or is my hub just messed up? I've had it since I was a kid so it would make sense that it's broken now, but I really want to play this game again and I don't want to buy a new hub if I'm just doing something wrong.
Consider getting a new one or try checking out what is wrong with it. If you need any help with fixing it, you can contact me.

Dingers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the help my dude. But i cant get it working. I used the patch n my windows 10 machine, have everything installed but it will not read either of my hubs. I am not sure why this happens. Windows reads my hub and rings when i plug them in, but the installer will not....

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the help my dude. But i cant get it working. I used the patch n my windows 10 machine, have everything installed but it will not read either of my hubs. I am not sure why this happens. Windows reads my hub and rings when i plug them in, but the installer will not....
If your computer asks you to use the UB Funkey as storage without running the installer first, press no. This is a potential issue that I have heard before. Also, try running the installer as administrator.

Cyfall_T

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I've been trying to get the game up and running for a couple of years now.
I went to extract the 4.8 file, but instead of giving me the game, it just gave me a faulty autorun.inf and the icon file. Also, the mega link for the patch has a decryption code, and upon extracting the patch gave me a README file and a .FIX file that did nothing. Any help?

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I've been trying to get the game up and running for a couple of years now.
I went to extract the 4.8 file, but instead of giving me the game, it just gave me a faulty autorun.inf and the icon file. Also, the mega link for the patch has a decryption code, and upon extracting the patch gave me a README file and a .FIX file that did nothing. Any help?

Make sure to have looked through the entire README on the x64 bit patch (I'm pretty sure the x64 bit patch tutorial is a little bit lower so scroll down). Also, try to use the Dropbox download instead of the Mega download for the patch.

If the 4.8 didn't work, try downloading it again. You might have gotten it corrupted while downloading it.

Cyfall_T

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to have looked through the entire README on the x64 bit patch (I'm pretty sure the x64 bit patch tutorial is a little bit lower so scroll down). Also, try to use the Dropbox download instead of the Mega download for the patch.

If the 4.8 didn't work, try downloading it again. You might have gotten it corrupted while downloading it.
I got the game running on virtualbox, but I can't make a UFN (since servers are permanently down) which means I can't use the trunk or hidden realm update.
I know the 5.0 update fixes this, but when I try to replace the file, i get left with "Checking your U.B.." until i exit the game. Any help? I'm using a disc on Virtualbox and it's been working fine so far.

Last edited by Cyfall_T,

Cyfall_T

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the game running on virtualbox, but I can't make a UFN (since the box isn't on internet yet) and I can't get the hidden realm update because of it :/
Also, I got internet on the virtualbox but i still cant create a UFN, and therefore cant get the Hidden realm to progress farther in the game :/

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I got internet on the virtualbox but i still cant create a UFN, and therefore cant get the Hidden realm to progress farther in the game :/
You can't make a UFN, but you don't require it. Just create an account and don't make UFN. I was able to play in the Hidden Realm so far. For now, I don't reccomend using a VirtualBox because that brings a whole load of issues.

Greeb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im on a windows 10 64 bit and when im installing it from the 4.8 file its stuck on the please plug in your ub hub now

Last edited by Greeb,

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on a windows 10 64 bit and when im installing it from the 4.8 file its stuck on the please plug in your ub hub now
Make sure that your Virtualbox is enabled to use the USB ports on your computer, this might be your problem. It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use a VirtualBox for this as I said for the tutorial. I won't be able to help you much if you use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol