TX Releases SX OS v1.3

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
sxos13.jpg
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:
We are back once again with an exciting update for SX OS. Let's skip the drama for now and jump straight to the list of new goodies:
  • Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/​
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!
  • Add eShop NSP support
    This adds support for installing and launching installed eShop NSP files. This is still rough around the edges and for advanced users only. To install NSP files you need a legitimate copy of the DevMenu, which can be launched currently via LayeredFS. We are still working on adding a custom and easy to use NSP installer to our own menu system. Stay tuned!
    WARNING: We do not recommend playing online with installed eShop NSP games without a valid ticket, as this WILL lead to a console ban without a doubt.
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS! :D
  • Hide OSX Temp files in game selection menu
    If you were pestered by bogus entries in the game selection menu chances are high this is because you are using OSX (and Finder). We simply hide those files from the menu now. All cleaned up!
  • Removed eMMC password lock
    It seems a perfectly safe and easily reversible hacker challenge we put in place for aspiring hackers has been blown out of proportion. We are sad to see so many false claims on the internet and to avoid any further false accusations and 'fake news' we decided to get rid of it. Namaste.
That's it for today! We'll be back soon. Team-Xecuter doesn't take a break. While others moan on social media we work day and night to bring you the best experience on Nintendo Switch.

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i followed the instructions and it still doesn't work

Sorry, I don't use LFS. I just know you don't need to *buy* it and there are how to's out there.

Which how to are you following?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry but what is it for?

What is the verification for or brick code?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i do like cheats in single player game, because i hate grinding, for example i hate grinding 9999 coins in Mario odyssey in bowser level.

OMG yes, on grindy games I'm all in on cheating. Don't have time for that, I got stuff to do and other games to play. Love a good story just don't want to kill my 429th goblin to hit the lvl needed for the next boss. That doesn't add anything to the experience besides padding the total game time. So yeah that or when I'm done with a game I'll mess with the save, max explosives? Yes please :D.

Reactions: matias3ds

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't care much for SX OS having code from Atmosphère but can anyone actually confirm the brick code is gone?
If there's absolutely no brick code that gives me more incentive to purchase their software later this year if Atmosphere doesn't offer the same features (the one we all really want ;))
Can't say I'm fond of discovering the resellers double the price for SX OS for a hefty profit when the things worth about $16 per in bulk, but eh I'll just wait for a good deal.
Would definitely love a confirmation that there is nothing malicious in SX OS though.

Chumlee1900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure why they included insta-ban LFS in there. Still a bunch of devs crying on twitter. Not even remotely funny anymore smh

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure why they included insta-ban LFS in there. Still a bunch of devs crying on twitter. Not even remotely funny anymore smh
the layeredfs by itself shouldnt deliver bans, the foreign use of the layered fs as a backup loader replacing the files completely is the culprit, but modifying a game for example to translate it shouldnt give you a ban because its hte same game

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We now have confirmation from hexkyz about the brick code.

On a more serious note, AFAICT the SX OS brick code has indeed been stubbed. The "WANNA PLAY :)" password is still generated and the code is still there, but now instead of trying to lock the eMMC it will just get stuck on a loop.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Ian095

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
hello Mohammed,

yes, this problem is known and will be fixed in update.

--
Best regards,
Team

Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 8:17:56 PM, you wrote:
Dear Xecuter

I got this error today in docked mode, I was changing/switching backup games
quickly and I got error 2144-0001, what does it mean?

Could you please make SX OS more stable before adding new features.

Thanks.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

SX OS v1.3

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: ultramario1998

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to try to clarify what's being said is it that the trigger is still there but the code that locked the eMMC is completely gone? So just looping as in the OS would just crash or is it just eternally generating a password? I don't understand why the full thing wouldn't have just been removed...
The code is there, it's just that it never gets triggered--it loops infinitely instead. No clue if this has any consequence on the user, I'd personally doubt it.

Why they wouldn't get rid of it, I wouldn't know.

Last edited by ultramario1998,

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The code is there, it's just that it never gets triggered--it loops infinitely instead.

Why they wouldn't get rid of it, I wouldn't know.

Better than nothing I suppose, thanks! My best guess would be it somehow makes SX OS not work properly. Either that or they plan to use it again once hexkyz is off of their back.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another Question for the nsp support : any possibility to split nsp files yet (for the lame fat32 users out there?).

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Another Question for the nsp support : any possibility to split nsp files yet (for the lame fat32 users out there?).
Not yet. But this nsp method works very well (so far everything I have tried works) - but there is a high ban risk when using devmenu as well...

Robman2122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that be a moot point? Unless I missed something, LayeredFS only works on 5.1.0 and that's needed for dev menu to install them. Why not install the SD card update? Unless you're completely disconnected from wifi to *Hopefully* prevent a ban?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released