TX Releases SX OS v1.3

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
sxos13.jpg
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:
We are back once again with an exciting update for SX OS. Let's skip the drama for now and jump straight to the list of new goodies:
  • Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/​
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!
  • Add eShop NSP support
    This adds support for installing and launching installed eShop NSP files. This is still rough around the edges and for advanced users only. To install NSP files you need a legitimate copy of the DevMenu, which can be launched currently via LayeredFS. We are still working on adding a custom and easy to use NSP installer to our own menu system. Stay tuned!
    WARNING: We do not recommend playing online with installed eShop NSP games without a valid ticket, as this WILL lead to a console ban without a doubt.
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS! :D
  • Hide OSX Temp files in game selection menu
    If you were pestered by bogus entries in the game selection menu chances are high this is because you are using OSX (and Finder). We simply hide those files from the menu now. All cleaned up!
  • Removed eMMC password lock
    It seems a perfectly safe and easily reversible hacker challenge we put in place for aspiring hackers has been blown out of proportion. We are sad to see so many false claims on the internet and to avoid any further false accusations and 'fake news' we decided to get rid of it. Namaste.
That's it for today! We'll be back soon. Team-Xecuter doesn't take a break. While others moan on social media we work day and night to bring you the best experience on Nintendo Switch.

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I GOT A Felling that a new ban wave is coming soon
My body is Reggie!

Thanks for this. Quite risky though and chances of getting banned are pretty high, looks like I'll be holding installing eshop games for a while.
I agree. An .NSP installer made from the ground up would be much safer than using one that is used by Nintendo. At the very least, people can use DevMenu as an example.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Today Keefe D confessed that he was envolved with the murder of Tupac.
When asked who pressed the trigger to kill him, he said he would not say who did it because of "street code". I laughed. A criminal talking about code.

Then i come to this thread and see again the same fight. TX stole open-source code and didn't gave credit.
There is no honor amoung thieves. But i can see there are a lot of Keefe Ds around here

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok seems like a bug with v1.3 but Crash Trilogy on game loading screen just loops on loading now, it sits there. Once I hit home it does mount as a cart and works from there, but v1.2 it didnt loop just loaded fine.

Working here... On cart and on XCI

Kalisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh oh wow. So they patched sig checks for the eshop? And added layerfs... this is not them developing shit other than throwing in an update that someone else developed and called their own. Neeet. I used to rock tx stuff for a long time. Never again tho.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh oh wow. So they patched sig checks for the eshop? And added layerfs... this is not them developing shit other than throwing in an update that someone else developed and called their own. Neeet. I used to rock tx stuff for a long time. Never again tho.

To be fair, it is very polished...

I hate to admit it, but it is looking like TX have won the CFW war for now (you don`t HAVE to pay to use homebrew in it).

Though the scene can be very proud of Atmosphere. Without that, there would be nothing. I think we can all agree that we all here have learned a few things from Atmosphere development.

I was forgetting Atmospheres little brother Hekate. Michael and everybody should be very proud.

Last edited by mattytrog,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2clypZ3.jpg

/thread
I'll just leave this here for the users who are struggling to get to the first step of installing .NSPs. Follow this tutorial up to step 6 to properly set up DevMenu (links to the required files can and will not be shared here, even through PM): https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-a-custom-user-icon-using-devmenuapp.508369/
It's a wild west thread. The mods are trying to curb the reign of off-topic nonsense, but even their mighty banhammers cannot save the day. Optimism is running thin, hope is running out, and all seems lost. But through it all, Draxzelex is there, providing aid to those who need it most. Draxzelex saved many a Switch that fateful day with the power of a single link. After a long day's work, Draxzelex went home, his self-satisfaction and mountain of xp granted from likes his only reward. Truly, Draxzelex is the best of us. Fight on, brave soldier. Fight on. :grog:

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
i am sorry to say this :

but for now sx-os have wan the war :( there back up loader is ......

i am butting my switch in her box and going back to wii u tell all this ends .........

Last edited by Prince ofhell,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I should be getting mine in a week or so. But I can’t really find the games to download on the usual places I download other roms and ISO’s lol.

So I am legitimately using it to play my legit backups, completely legit :tpi:

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not about a stupid cfw war. It's about using what works for you. SX, Atmosphere, Reinand... I don't care who does the software, as long as it has it's usefulness.

Some people think that this is some World War shit that means picking a side and facing the consequences... It's just software.

The only ones winning are the smart who make the best use of their switch with the given tools.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's not about a stupid cfw war. It's about using what works for you. SX, Atmosphere, Reinand... I don't care who does the software, as long as it has it's usefulness.

Some people think that this is some World War shit that means picking a side and facing the consequences... It's just software.

The only ones winning are the smart who make the best use of their switch with the given tools.

Well, the same thing happened on the 3DS.. So... History is doomed to repeat itself..

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
the first ban wave was on homebrew console
the 2nd on leyeredfs consoles
the 3rd will be on sx-os users

thats mean more console selling and more money ...???

or what

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
View attachment 134337
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole
Love it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pretty good update nice to know that my switch wont get bricked anymore. But they should still credit all the people they stole code from...
They didn't steal code. They used code for the FREE version of SX OS ( Homebrew Only) That doesn't break the open source license .

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
i have a felling that ps4 also leaked there exploit on 5.04 to get more sales

every one know that Nintendo is doing will why know after the e3 and god of war release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16