Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people do realize this time around it took them longer to update for a newer firmware because atmosphere basically kept the fixes for 9.0.0 private until they were ready to release. There's plenty of evidence showing they've been stealing atmosphere code.
And not only that, this update is buggy af, causing more bricks than I've ever seen in a public release of anything. Wow. Good job TX, and the staff here that get paid to white-knight for them.

I'm glad you are ok using atmoshpere. I hope you really like to install all NSP and have multiples SD Card to have all your games. Really glad you are ok finding the updates and dlc using Google instead of just dowloaded using the nin servers because you are afraid of getting ban. Hope you still ok using your USB loading that is not a real loader. Love that you like setting up complicates files instead of just plug and play. So in conclusion glad you are ok using your methods that no body take a sh$#t about what you said ;)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop trolling and being childish. Let sx users enjoy what they want. You're the problem with this community.
I don't care what people do. I just think it's dumb to pay for software that's stealing most of it's codebase from free open source software. Which has been proven in multiple ways. And then people acting like because it's a beta it's okay for the crapton of bricks currently happening because people are listening to advice given by them. Yeah, that's beyond being in "beta", that's just being bad software.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed portions of quote

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you are ok using atmoshpere. I hope you really like to install all NSP and have multiples SD Card to have all your games. Really glad you are ok finding the updates and dlc using Google instead of just dowloaded using the nin servers because you are afraid of getting ban. Hope you still ok using your USB loading that is not a real loader. Love that you like setting up complicates files instead of just plug and play. So in conclusion glad you are ok using your methods that no body take a sh$#t about what you said ;)
Firstly, it's not complicated, you just drag a file on or install over USB. Secondly, it takes literally the same amount of SD space to pirate games via XCI as it does to pirate NSP when you USB install. Thirdly, USB Loading is not even a thing, Thirdly, I wouldn't call "dragging and dropping files" as "setting up complicated files". and finally, my "precious atmosphere" hasn't bricked this many people in this short a time, because the devs are actually competent.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: issayloki

rmorris003

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope there will be a NAND fix for us who crashed and have no backup otherwise I can just use this as an Android tablet as I have a second card setup for that.

Last edited by rmorris003,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let sx users enjoy their firmware instead of being an instigator.
I haven't said anything mean, while you and other sx os users have thrown insults. I just call out bad things when I see them. I don't autmomatically support everything a company does just because I like them and use their product.
I know you don't like it, but frankly it's not good that people are bricking their switches literally following the instructions of TX. I don't know why you are defending that, because it genuinely is a bad thing that people are bricking their switches. That's not even me slandering, literally it's happening here on the forums.
You want to call out a company when they do something bad with the hopes they will improve, and until that happens they won't have any real reason to do so.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed portions of quote

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't said anything mean, while you and other sx os users have thrown insults. I just call out bad things when I see them. I don't autmomatically support everything a company does just because I like them and use their product.
I know you don't like it, but frankly it's not good that people are bricking their switches literally following the instructions of TX. I don't know why you are defending that, because it genuinely is a bad thing that people are bricking their switches. That's not even me slandering, literally it's happening here on the forums.
You want to call out a company when they do something bad with the hopes they will improve, and until that happens they won't have any real reason to do so.

It does suck that people are bricking their consoles but keep in mind that these people are also not taking the appropriate precautions. It has been said 10000x that you should ALWAYS make a nand backup prior to doing anything that could cause a brick including firmware updates. This is also a "Beta" firmware which is an additional warning that you should probably take precautions like a backup or at least wait until others have tested the update before you just jump into it blindly. In a perfect world this would not be an issue but keep in mind that choidujour is a homebrew and TX may not have tested every version under every circumstance. I myself ran into this same issue using Choi 1.0.1 on 2.9 and had to do a nand restore but I knew what I was getting myself into and I would not have even attempted a firmware update on a BETA without a backup..

Last edited by SaggyBeans,

jdmntvrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you update using sx os 2.8 as suggested? If so do you use custom themes?

Be careful not to use choidujour ver. 1.0.1 on sx os 2.9.. people are bricking, please backup your nand ahead of time and only update to 9.0.0 on sx os 2.8 using choi 1.0.2

i updated sxos from the built-in updater. then after rebooting the console, i installed the fw 9.0 using choidujour. it didn't have an option to reboot the console so i did it manually, by turning off the switch then turning it back on, booting to sxos loader then boot to cfw. the nintendo logo will show up but after that it/s just black screen. not sure tho what version of choidujour i used to update to fw 9.0.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i updated sxos from the built-in updater. then after rebooting the console, i installed the fw 9.0 using choidujour. it didn't have an option to reboot the console so i did it manually, by turning off the switch then turning it back on, booting to sxos loader then boot to cfw. the nintendo logo will show up but after that it/s just black screen. not sure tho what version of choidujour i used to update to fw 9.0.

You were most likely on SX OS 2.9 using Choidujour 1.0.1 and it froze on Flashing Firmware 0/6 like a bunch of other people which is why you were not given the option to click on the "reboot" button on the lower right. If you needed to hard reset the switch that means the firmware installation failed. You will need to do a nand restore unless someone comes up with another solution. Once you restore your nand you can do the 9.0.0 firmware update using sx os 2.8 and choidujour 1.0.2 instead and then update the boot.bin to the latest sx os to 2.9 beta.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For anyone that has a bricked EMUNAND--

1. Update SYSNAND to 9.0 through Nintendo's regular method (if you have the option to/want to)
2. In SX bootloader, dump just the BOOT0 and BOOT1 (these will match your system and be good for 9.0 firmware)
3. Copy from SX\Backup to SX\emunand (rename the old boot0 and boot1 first!)
** Your EMUNAND should boot again but be kinda janky (no games work/xci mount) Homebrew is fine, back up your saves **
4. Boot into 9.0 with SXOS 2.9b and install Choi 1.01 and DOWNGRADE to 8.1 firmware
5. Reboot, system should be good now back on 8.1. Stay here or continue at your own risk!

6. Put SXOS 2.8b back on your SD card along with Choi 1.02 and boot it.
7. Update to 9.0 firmware while in EMUNAND and power down after the update
8. Put SXOS 2.9b on your SD and boot... pray!

The Step 3 makes my Emunand boot again, but I cant downgrade my Emunand to 8.1. Same error Flashing firmware Packages 0/6.

Last edited by dekuleon,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does suck that people are bricking their consoles but keep in mind that these people are also not taking the appropriate precautions. It has been said 10000x that you should ALWAYS make a nand backup prior to doing anything that could cause a brick including firmware updates. This is also a "Beta" firmware which is an additional warning that you should probably take precautions like a backup or at least wait until others have tested the update before you just jump into it blindly. In a perfect world this would not be an issue but keep in mind that choidujour is a homebrew and TX may not have tested every version under every circumstance. I myself ran into this same issue using Choi 1.0.1 on 2.9 and had to do a nand restore but I knew what I was getting myself into and I would not have even attempted a firmware update on a BETA without a backup..
I understand that, and always recommend backing up. And I understand that not every homebrew was checked. But they literally told people to update with choi, and that's causing bricks. That's the main problem I have is that if it wasn't tested, they shouldn't have recommended it.

Reactions: SaggyBeans

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But they literally told people to update with choi
That's weird, when they have their own SX Installer, with its foolproof firmware updater that the dev was so braggy about? Unless said dev was too busy fucking around with hostile DRM to bother with the stuff that mattered?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually update through nintendo's severs via ofw, but it seems there are other bugs with xci and such, will wait for 2.9.1

after restore your nand, are you sure your nand backup is exfat format, if you took your backup with only fat32 support and if your sd is exfat now, you probably will stuck on black screen.
He is trolling, he also claimed v2.3 bricked his switch https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-xecuter-presents-sx-os-v2-3-beta.523685/page-5#post-8386175
and has made alot of anti tx posts

Last edited by Joe88,

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
There seems to be an issue loading xci files created from nsp files.
Also, custom xci files (the ones that include updates and dlc in the xci, so technically they require the nsp files too) CANNOT be mounted from the micro SD. You can, however, install them on the system internal storage, but this seems like a step back...

Last edited by kernelPANIC,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment