Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdmntvrd

jdmntvrd Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    i do have a nand backup but i dont have a boot0 and boot1 backed up. can i just use that? or do i have to get the boot0 and boot1? if so, is there a way to get it? im assuming the boot0 and boot1 in my "bricked" switch wont work since its not even booting up.

2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Don't be silly, once someone on the atmosphere team figures it out, they'll update a few days later.

3. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Im locked in step 4... 2.9 booting my Emunand 9.0, Choi 1.01 and Downgrade do 8.1, same error, 0/6 Flashing and nothing.

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    More like people need to design their homebrew with SX OS in mind...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What kind of idiot would update their OS within CFW? That's just asking for trouble!

5. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

sxos29.PNG @garyopa , this happens when try to mount xci files converted from nsp

kernelPANIC likes this.
  6. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    Actually, in atmosphere it's fairly safe if you don't pirate. And if you do, choi is statistically far less likely to brick in atmosphere.
    Also, atmosphere is designed with homebrew in mind, thus homebrew almost always works on it. SX OS is designed with piracy in mind, not homebrew, thus homebrew is not the first thing they ensure is working. It's not the homebrew's fault that it's not working, it's SX OS for not properly working with current homebrew libraries.

Essasetic likes this.
  7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sadly that wont ever stop. They have been shitpost these update threads since the very 1st sxos update. Reminding us yet again they stolen code and they waited after Atmosphere. They are just upset b/c the support is ongoing even if its a buggy beta.

8. rmorris003

rmorris003 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    SonyUSA likes this.
  9. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

United Kingdom
    :rofl2::rofl2: I'm sorry I couldn't hold it back any longer.

10. jackieleex3

jackieleex3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone try to use checkpoint on 2.9? I get an software error when I click it in homebrew

11. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Currently is there any need for 9.0 ? Didnt saw any game which was needed. =)
    But still thanks that the development continues, im really happy with SXOS.

12. lamende

lamende GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you fix your switch? I did the same thing as you... 8.1 w/ SX 2.9 tried to use Choi 1.0.1 to update to 9.0 and got stuck on 0/6 flashing firmware. Now I can't get past the Nintendo logo. Is there any way to fix this without restoring or updating sysnand? What is the fix for this??

13. zahimi

zahimi GBAtemp theme maker extraordinarie

United Kingdom
    thanks! works fine.

MykoSyko likes this.
  14. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here
    Contributor

United States
    All homebrew needs to be updated to work on 9.0 properly, and Checkpoint author got lazy so you must run it in app mode (highlight a game, hold R, launch it) to be able to even run it anymore

gizmomelb likes this.
  15. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here
    Contributor

United States
    This looks good for a manual downgrade back to 6.1 and should save people but is much more complex. This is for SYSNAND and would be different for manually restoring EMUNAND so don't try it on EMUNAND because it will write to your SYSNAND ! Also if you have burned fuses past 6.1 you won't be able to boot SYSNAND without using CFW and then updating to 9.0 (or whatever fuse is set to).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  16. Hayro

Hayro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    I'm on Sysnand (9.0) and EmuNAND (8.1.0 exfat)
    I get error 2168-0002 (something like the cartridge error) when I try to access 9.0 on EmuNAND. My cartridge is empty.
    I have an EmuNAND backup (8.1.0 exfat), so I'm fine but I really can't update to 9.0.

9.0 installation is always completed but I noticed this message like 4 times : error 0xe02 deleting unused.
    8.1.0 EmuNAND + 2.8 boot + Choi (tried both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2) -> after 9.0 setup, I changed from 2.8 boot to 2.9 boot -> still getting error 2168-0002.

Is it possible that my NAND is corrupted even tho my 8.1.0 EmuNAND backup runs fine?
    Also if you restore NAND while on EmuNAND, does it affect SysNAND (like downgrade)?

I'll stay on 8.1.0 for now.

Edit : Nevermind it works, make sure to delete your theme folder in titles if you have the same problem as me.

17. jackieleex3

jackieleex3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Looks like xci is not working in 2.9.

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    who gives a fuck about homebrew we want to pirate! :lol:

oji likes this.
  19. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    looking in the CFW forums and specifically at the atmos release thread there are a large number of posts from potential atmos users also experiencing a large number of issues upgrading to 9.0.0 and /or upgrading their installation of atmosphere CFW - please have a good look and let us know if there are any SX OS users in there throwing shade at those users or their choice of CFW or the CFW itself?

People are NOT bricking their switches - there are some users who have jumped the gun early and may have used incorrect versions of software and temporarily lost use of their emuNAND - not their sysNAND - so their systems are NOT bricked. It seems the SX OS community is working out ways to recover the emuNAND (particialarly if they were in hidden partitions) so they upgrade can proceed smoothly.

Should we be calling out atmosphere CFW for being bad and not easy to use, based on the number of help posts that are on here with users experiencing issues?

As for SX OS users throwing insults, frankly I cannot blame them - we are sick and fucking tired of arseholes continually throwing shit at us when the SX OS community generally do not do it to atmos users - as I've posted in other threads there was a period just after the 8.0.0 release where SX OS users had had enough and they did retaliate and posted shit to the atmos users in their threads and gave back what had been given to them.. If you want to start a shit fight then keep on throwing poop little monkey, but expect it to explode across every forum across GBAtemp.

will wait to see what NSC updates.. it might be an NSP to XCI conversion issue.

there has already been discussion that libnx needs to be updated as Nintendo changed stuff in 9.0.0 - so unless the homebrew is recompiled with the newer libnx with 9.0.0 support it won't work correctly across any CFW.

20. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    First off, the difference here is slight problems with atmosphere vs actual bricks. And you seem to have not read through this thread, because many of the bricks in here are on sysNAND, not "just in emuNAND". Recoverable yes, but annoying and difficult to work with. So while yes atmosphere does have problems (or rather, the software being used in conjunction with atmosphere, not atmosphere itself), it's usually fixed by updating other homebrew, or disabling a simple setting in hekate/fusee-primary. These problems exist because the fact that atmosphere is opensource means that there is a bunch of developers working on various projects and software to work with atmosphere. Which means greater customization with how it functions. This does unfortunately mean that sometimes these pieces don't work properly together when one is updated without updating another. But as stated before, the fixes are almost always as simple as deleting a file or folder, or changing a setting within the bootloader. So while it does have it's problems that I totally agree with you about, it's not the same degree as bricking your emuNAND, or what some people on here have, bricking your sysNAND. You can't treat these two problems the same because they are radically different in the complexity of fixing the problem.

Actually, atmosphere took that into account BEFORE release, and added a stop-gap interpreter that would allow all homebrew to still work without updates in 9.0.0. So actually that is wrong, they still work in 9.0.0 because of that, at least for the no input problem you are referring to.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, Firmware, Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.