Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    Their last 7 releases have been "beta". At some point you can't use the "beta" as an excuse for bad software

slaphappygamer likes this.
  2. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm glad you are ok using atmoshpere. I hope you really like to install all NSP and have multiples SD Card to have all your games. Really glad you are ok finding the updates and dlc using Google instead of just dowloaded using the nin servers because you are afraid of getting ban. Hope you still ok using your USB loading that is not a real loader. Love that you like setting up complicates files instead of just plug and play. So in conclusion glad you are ok using your methods that no body take a sh$#t about what you said ;)

nantalos, Kyrara, Andalitez and 6 others like this.
  3. TheCyberQuake

United States
    I don't care what people do. I just think it's dumb to pay for software that's stealing most of it's codebase from free open source software. Which has been proven in multiple ways. And then people acting like because it's a beta it's okay for the crapton of bricks currently happening because people are listening to advice given by them. Yeah, that's beyond being in "beta", that's just being bad software.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
    kornjaca200 and issayloki like this.
  4. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Sep 28, 2019, Reason: Be polite. You're entitled to an opinion, not to flaming.
    Sep 28, 2019 Show
  5. TheCyberQuake

United States
    Firstly, it's not complicated, you just drag a file on or install over USB. Secondly, it takes literally the same amount of SD space to pirate games via XCI as it does to pirate NSP when you USB install. Thirdly, USB Loading is not even a thing, Thirdly, I wouldn't call "dragging and dropping files" as "setting up complicated files". and finally, my "precious atmosphere" hasn't bricked this many people in this short a time, because the devs are actually competent.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    issayloki likes this.
  6. rmorris003

rmorris003 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I hope there will be a NAND fix for us who crashed and have no backup otherwise I can just use this as an Android tablet as I have a second card setup for that.

7. TheCyberQuake

United States
    So are you saying the fact that a bunch of people bricking their console is normal for beta software and is not bad?

8. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    Let sx users enjoy their firmware.

9. TheCyberQuake

United States
    I haven't said anything mean, while you and other sx os users have thrown insults. I just call out bad things when I see them. I don't autmomatically support everything a company does just because I like them and use their product.
    I know you don't like it, but frankly it's not good that people are bricking their switches literally following the instructions of TX. I don't know why you are defending that, because it genuinely is a bad thing that people are bricking their switches. That's not even me slandering, literally it's happening here on the forums.
    You want to call out a company when they do something bad with the hopes they will improve, and until that happens they won't have any real reason to do so.

10. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It does suck that people are bricking their consoles but keep in mind that these people are also not taking the appropriate precautions. It has been said 10000x that you should ALWAYS make a nand backup prior to doing anything that could cause a brick including firmware updates. This is also a "Beta" firmware which is an additional warning that you should probably take precautions like a backup or at least wait until others have tested the update before you just jump into it blindly. In a perfect world this would not be an issue but keep in mind that choidujour is a homebrew and TX may not have tested every version under every circumstance. I myself ran into this same issue using Choi 1.0.1 on 2.9 and had to do a nand restore but I knew what I was getting myself into and I would not have even attempted a firmware update on a BETA without a backup..

feight, Kyrara, JoeBloggs777 and 2 others like this.
  11. jdmntvrd

jdmntvrd Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines

i updated sxos from the built-in updater. then after rebooting the console, i installed the fw 9.0 using choidujour. it didn't have an option to reboot the console so i did it manually, by turning off the switch then turning it back on, booting to sxos loader then boot to cfw. the nintendo logo will show up but after that it/s just black screen. not sure tho what version of choidujour i used to update to fw 9.0.

12. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You were most likely on SX OS 2.9 using Choidujour 1.0.1 and it froze on Flashing Firmware 0/6 like a bunch of other people which is why you were not given the option to click on the "reboot" button on the lower right. If you needed to hard reset the switch that means the firmware installation failed. You will need to do a nand restore unless someone comes up with another solution. Once you restore your nand you can do the 9.0.0 firmware update using sx os 2.8 and choidujour 1.0.2 instead and then update the boot.bin to the latest sx os to 2.9 beta.

13. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    The Step 3 makes my Emunand boot again, but I cant downgrade my Emunand to 8.1. Same error Flashing firmware Packages 0/6.

gizmomelb, SonyUSA and SaggyBeans like this.
  14. TheCyberQuake

United States
    I understand that, and always recommend backing up. And I understand that not every homebrew was checked. But they literally told people to update with choi, and that's causing bricks. That's the main problem I have is that if it wasn't tested, they shouldn't have recommended it.

SaggyBeans likes this.
  15. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's better not to update yet, let them sort out the mess first. None of the games need 9.0, unless you really need online access for your legitimate games then perhaps you can take a risk with this.

gizmomelb, stephrk398 and SaggyBeans like this.
  16. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    That's weird, when they have their own SX Installer, with its foolproof firmware updater that the dev was so braggy about? Unless said dev was too busy fucking around with hostile DRM to bother with the stuff that mattered?

17. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    xci failing to mount on 2.9

gonna test usb

18. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I usually update through nintendo's severs via ofw, but it seems there are other bugs with xci and such, will wait for 2.9.1

He is trolling, he also claimed v2.3 bricked his switch https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-xecuter-presents-sx-os-v2-3-beta.523685/page-5#post-8386175
    and has made alot of anti tx posts

19. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    You can do that way but the two USER should be exactly the same (clone).

20. kernelPANIC

kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    There seems to be an issue loading xci files created from nsp files.
    Also, custom xci files (the ones that include updates and dlc in the xci, so technically they require the nsp files too) CANNOT be mounted from the micro SD. You can, however, install them on the system internal storage, but this seems like a step back...

21. mewmew1234

mewmew1234 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    it would seem this new SX breaks custom XCI files as a clean rip of lets go works but a custom one does not same with my smash bros

kernelPANIC likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, Firmware, Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.