TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supreme23

Supreme23 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    Facts:rofl2:

isoboy likes this.
  2. kornjaca200

kornjaca200 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Netherlands
    This is more like an ALPHA!

3. Shaqattack101

Shaqattack101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Germany
    thanks to both of you! now it works again!

4. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    Why should I use a less intuitive fw and with less functions, and probably get myself banned too? I agree that they should have done better beta testing here but you guys needs to stop attacking them for whatever reason.

5. Kyrara

Kyrara GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Germany
    I dont know why all have big problems and even cant wait for the SX Installer update?
    Is it so Hard to wait for a tool from the CFW Maker to update the FW with that?

6. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States

Having both sysnand and emunand on same firmware versión makes cartridge slot work. I like to use my cartridges on cfw toó, sometimes i install them.

7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Not a problem I’m pleased you sorted it out! Just make sure this time around when your selecting your theme of choice when multi selecting you leave out the lock screen else you will see another error on boot up basically it needs extra exefs patches that TX needs to implement.

Last edited by Reecey, Sep 29, 2019
    Shaqattack101 likes this.
  8. Kyrara

Kyrara GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Germany
    You can update the OFW without a problem over the Nintendo Server and still use the 8.1.0 EmuNAND for your games.
    the only thing is that if you boot 1 time OFW 9.0.0 you cant use Original GameCards in 1.0.0 -8.1.0 FWs

9. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    actually, SX OS has less functions
    the only thing that you will lose is xci loading, but you can install your XCIs
    and it's as intuitive, if you have a bad time setting up atmosphere, there're websites that do that for you
    For example, in atmosphere you have more stability/updates, kip/custom sys modules loading, you can actually enter the captures/videos album, and a lot more
    There's also ReiNX

and if you don't wanna switch because you paid for SX OS, I did too and I switched anyway, don't be afraid

10. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    I don't think that's true - I didn't have a NAND backup and booted into Atmosphere and used ChoiDuJourNX to downgrade from 9.0.0 to 8.1.0 and now SX OS is working again.

11. mastermischke

mastermischke Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    Gambia, The
    that is so strange to hear
    I updated sysnand to 9.0 by accident
    now i cant even get back into OFW 9.0 ... neither Atmosphere ... black screen after the logo

12. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    Not really waiting for it cuz xci loading kinda only concerns people who wants to pirate games :)

13. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    Good for you dude, you are awesome, when I grow up I wanna be just like you... BTW Sweden is kind of the piracy paradise, scene home etc etc... A bit hypocritical this comment coming from someone from over there and a CFW is a CFW, Nintendo don't want you to do it, if you moral compass is so intact you should abide to Nintento TOA in totality.

Last edited by Tumbleweed, Sep 29, 2019
  14. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    So my chain of events was:

Tried to update to 9.0.0 using ChoiDuJourNX 1.0.2, got stick at "BIS Inspection:
    Tried to update to 9.0.0 using ChoiDuJourNX 1.0.1, got stuck at "Flashing firmware"
    Switch would no longer get passed the first Nintendo logo at boot
    Put all the necessary Atmosphere 0.9.4 files on SD, and launched Hekate then Atmosphere
    Used ChoiDuJourNX to install 8.1.0

PitPitPit likes this.
  15. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    Naw, you think CFW = piracy
    Such a sweet boy you are :)

"But yes, piracy and CFW usually comes hand in hand.
    As the purpose of CFW is unlocking the system."

Last edited by Godofcheese, Sep 29, 2019
  16. mastermischke

mastermischke Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    Gambia, The
    I got 0.9.4 on my SD ... but after the atmo logo ... black screen

17. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

May 28, 2015
    Nintendo logo ive had even without booting sx os, but its not exactly a brick is it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And having cfw with a third party app to install nsp doesnt do that.

If your legit then you have no reson for cfw, if you play the games you buy.

If you want to use the excuse emulation the switch is pretty decent but its already available on your smart devices and performs better.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is no brick tho, other than the entry point which was nintendos very own back door entry.

A brick is a brick, your console is dead end of.

Theres been no official reports of any sx os user that had performed a nintendo firmware update and it bricked their console.

Sx os makes no perminent changes to your system, its an exploit to run unsigned code and adds its features.

Sx os is plug and play, if you dont boot it or have autorcm your console will boot as normal.

18. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you can't boot into firmware. Regardless of the Nintendo logo. I count it as a brick.

19. mastermischke

mastermischke Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    Gambia, The
    wrong.
    Doesnt boot as normal
    Doesnt boot at all

angelhp likes this.
  20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    You can't even enter RCM? Sounds more like a battery issue. Plug it in to the charger and wait a couple of hours and see you can enter RCM afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.