Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Always make a backup before doing anything to the NAND. Especially given SX OS usually doesn't play nicely with homebrew as it's not really designed with homebrew in mind.

that statement not really true, we spend the last couple of days testing almost all homebrew out there. -- But firmware installs are always a risky operation, and Choi does alot of checks and v1.0.2 is not recommended. - Plus people should check the md5 has of their firmware pack to make sure its copied to their sdcard correctly and is the right one, people should always have a backup of their nand, or if updating only update the emunand, no risk there, except for reformatting worse case your sdcard.

Last edited by garyopa,

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Switch crashes, can you automatically reload, simply by pressing the power button, like with atmosphere and ReiNX?

Or do you have to activate RCM again?

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your Switch crashes, can you automatically reload, simply by pressing the power button, like with atmosphere and ReiNX?

Or do you have to activate RCM again?
SX OS doesn't have fatal. So you'll need to go through RCM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you only need hekate to do it.
I also mean using the application itself.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I updated emunand like this - with new SXOS - stuck on bis key check. Loaded emunand with Atmosphere and then updated to 9.0.0 firmware just fine, then switched to SXOS - emunand and everything was updated. One thing I did notice is that nxquake3 makes the screen very small, where quake2 and quake1 work fine. Maybe I need to re-compile quake3.

EDIT: quake3 works fine - once I reinstalled the config file - mine must have become corrupted.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: ELY_M

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Atmosphere has cart slot emulation now with patches for the new cart firmware/keys? O.o

Oh cool, they finally got around to integrating Atmosphere 9.0.0 fixes into their stolen code.

Exactly that... I really don't understand the Atmosphere guys hate... Stick with atmos and stop spamming threads here, it's simple like that...

jj1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot boot into EMUNAND after updating to SX OS 2.9 and installing the 9.0 Firmware which I downloaded from the teamexecuter forum link.

ChoiDujourNX crashed after writing "xxx is now a file. Placeholder folder emptied. A reboot will be needed to complete the install. Applied AutoRMC to NORMAL BCT."

Then it crashed. It froze on Flashing firmware packages 0/6.

I have upgraded my emunand many times before following this procedure. Most recently I upgraded successfully to 8.1.0. Great job team SX.

What should I do now? Can I recover my saves somehow? My son is in the middle of BOTW. This is very bad situation.

The good thing is that OFW works, I updated it online after the botched CFW update.

Also if team SX is reading this, please contact me if you can help or if not I would like some compensation.

Thank you.

Last edited by jj1212,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot boot into EMUNAND after updating to SX OS 2.9 and installing the 9.0 Firmware which I downloaded from the teamexecuter forum link.

ChoiDujourNX crashed after writing "xxx is now a file. Placeholder folder emptied. A reboot will be needed to complete the install. Applied AutoRMC to NORMAL BCT."

Then it crashed. It froze on Flashing firmware packages 0/6.

I have upgraded my emunand many times before following this procedure. Most recently I upgraded successfully to 8.1.0. Great job team SX.

What should I do now? Can I recover my saves somehow? My son is in the middle of BOTW. This is very bad situation.

The good thing is that OFW works, I updated it online after the botched CFW update.

Also if team SX is reading this, please contact me if you can help or if not I would like some compensation.

Thank you.
Unless you backed up your saves manually via software like Checkpoint. You're out of luck. Also TX isn't going to give you compensation.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would not try Choi 1.0.1 with 9.0. It was not working with 1.0.2 due to bis key protection hanging so i tried with 1.0.1 and it hanged on "flashing firmware", now the system will not boot. Doing a restore as we speak. PLEASE BACKUP before trying anything.

Reactions: ELY_M and Essasetic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show