Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakuku

yakuku Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks Ill try that after i moved all the files back to my MicroSD. I remember booting into Atmosphere and it wasn't booting with something like "FATAL ERROR" but i'll try again. Im using SYSNAND.

2. smellyunicorn

smellyunicorn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's strange; I was in sysnand as well, make sure you're using the latest release and I used the fusee-primary payload with TegraRcm.

3. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    I have used atomsphere before using SX OS and i want to only using SX OS. Can i delete atomsphere or do you recommend i keep it? How do i delete atomsphere?

4. seitanmen

seitanmen Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    The important thing is to use sxos 2.8beta. :teach:
    ChoiDujourNX is no problem.
    In fact, the official update hangs on sxos 2.9 beta.
    So there is an update bug in sxos 2.9 beta.:sad:

5. Xilith

Xilith Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    So if i update the emunand to 9.0, my gc slot will be updated anyway? i don't understand, i have 6.2 sysnand and 8.1 emunand sx os

crazy_p likes this.
  6. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Yes yes, we all know, stolen code, blah blah blah harping on in every fucking thread.

7. smellyunicorn

United States
    If SX OS 2.9 is working and you're on 9.0 then yeah you can delete it. Just remove the files associated with it from the SD card.

8. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    Can't mount splitted XCI (.xc0, .xc1, ...) anymore with 2.9 BETA

9. illusi0ns

illusi0ns Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    when are they going to implament the amibo function

10. fluggy2003

fluggy2003 Member
    Newcomer

Pretty dodgy release. Shockingly incompetent actually. Wish I'd read this forum first but like many, I took the plunge and now i'm black screened on sx cfw after failed Choix install. Didn't seem any reason not to update. I had nand backup on my Mac, then my Mac failed couple weeks ago so I had to wipe the drive and reinstall os. Now no nand backup. Then to twist the knife further , SX they release a statement recommending NOT TO UPDATE after hearing of the problems !! Too little too late guys. My confidence in this team has taken a nosedive!!

11. yakuku

yakuku Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wanted to go into this again but now I can't even boot with the sx dongle power and vol+ anymore. I was reformatting it to exfat earlier

12. smellyunicorn

United States
    You're 100% I was in the same boat; but you can fix up your switch in a matter of minutes. There's a post about 4 pages back that explains how to do it. (Be sure to backup nand after you're done)

yakuku likes this.
  13. yakuku

yakuku Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry I fixed it with the menu now gonna try to boot Atmosphere. Im kinda new to this scene.

14. jkjj

jkjj Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    that's right pizza-nose.
    do you enjoy connecting your switch to your PC or removing your microSD each time you want to install a game? how's your usb access in tinfoil going for you? perhaps you are a 'handheld only' sponge without a dedicated display for docked mode?

a feature im sure 99% of people do not realize, and it is the very best SX has to offer, are support for .xc(x) files.
    previously only compatible with sxinstaller as sx-album could not scan them. but behold, TX has provided support for this now too!

beyond the usbhdd xci mounting, even a fat32 sd user can copy 4gb chunks of .xc(x) files.

what do people with microSD do when their storage is full and want to install a new .nsp? do you really and truly spend 20 minutes to reinstall some 30gb nsp in tinfoil? does tinfoil-DZ even work with usb or are you stuck at abhorrently embarassing network speeds? muh goldleaf!

me i have a 400gb u3 sandisk ultra but i don't got time to hook that up to my box all the time.
    Seriously, what if someone saw me doing that? what if it got around town? people just have no shame anymore, its anything goes. sad.

dedicated external usb SSD for docked mode, and from time to time i will copy split xci's to my sd (and this is where a u3 is ever better than a u1)
    (NSC_Builder is a hell of a software, so much so that it warranted a windows install in virtual machine!)

i have to try this flycast emulator, and do hope SX improves compatibility with ever-growing homebrew libraries.
    but frankly besides what i've mentioned, and a small handful of cases for overclocking mods, what homebrew does not work with SX that is so special? even those soylent devs that take time to comment their code about SX stealing and being very bad people, most of that crap works too.

SX is patrician class software, whether you are half-retarded, or goddamn blake warner

Last edited by jkjj, Sep 28, 2019
  15. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

United Kingdom
    I don't get why people are praising this as a new feature. It's literally something they took from HOS and passed it off as their own work.

16. bemar

bemar Member
    Newcomer

France
    Honestly, when having a 400gb sd card, I don't catch the need of xci loading... it is not like you will play more than 15-20 games at the same time...
    But for people needing xci loading, it seems the best advice is not to update to 2.9 for now, and for those really wanting to update os to 9.0, do it in atmo with choi 102 before apply need sx version

17. yakuku

yakuku Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you so much! Been using the stock switch since day 1 and i thought i had to buy a new switch. Ran Atmosphere> Used Choi 9.0.0 in homebrew > Booted into SX OS and XCI loading works

18. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Can someone answer to this please ? I am in the same situation.

19. smellyunicorn

United States
    Good to hear! Be sure to back up that nand and label it and place it somewhere safe. I think sites like Mega provide enough free space to back up your nand there.

yakuku likes this.
  20. yakuku

yakuku Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Im definitely gonna keep backing up my NAND now and in the future :). One more noob question, should I do a backup now or when there's a new support for future firmwares?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, Firmware, Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.