TX Presents SX OS v2.9.2 Beta - With Improved Stealth Mode and More!

Another day, another SX OS update! Today, Team-Xecuter released their SX OS v2.9.2 beta.
SX292.png

Good news, we been informed that TX has finally released v2.9.2 and it contains some new features, and also it looks this will soon be their 'STABLE' release and they report they are hard at work on SX OS v3.0.0 so we have alot to look forward to enjoy soon! Oh'yeah, it also fully supports the latest Nintendo Switch firmware v9.0.1 of course :)
  • Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) is working again.
    Somewhere down the line we introduced a regression in functionality causing local multiplayer emulation to be broken and/or out of sync with the current lan-play implementation. This has been addressed and should work correctly again.
  • Extended scope of Stealth Mode
    Recently it has come to our attention that there was claims floating around about stealth mode being broken on SX OS v2.9+. We investigated these claims and are happy to let you know this is completely wrong. Stealth Mode behaved exactly the same like it always did. Nonetheless, we took this feedback/rumour as an opportunity to further tighten down on the stealthiness. From now you cannot start the eShop application if you have stealth mode enabled. Furthermore all error reporting and telemetry has been neutered. That means errors that are generated while using SX OS that might get you "flagged" won't be queued up for delivery when you boot into OFW anymore either!
  • Improved XCI game compatibility
    In our last update we already addressed some compatibility issues with re-packed XCI images, yet some XCI files were still not playable. We investigated this issue and as it turns out there are certain tools around (older versions of 'NSC Builder' for example) that generate bogus metadata for the (encrypted) 'Gamecard Info' that is part of the XCI header. Our gamecart emulation now detects these bad images and fixes them. If you want your XCI images to be future proof; please be careful with whatever post-processing you apply to XCI files though, we can't clean up after other people's mistakes indefinitely!
  • Rebooting SX OS
    If you select "restart" now from the power options menu you will actually reboot into SX OS. There is no need to replug your SX Pro dongle or send a payload from your computer when doing so. Additionally, if an error occurs you can also reboot into SX OS by simply pressing the power button. Neat!
SX292-1.png

They report this will be their final v2.x release as they are moving forward to a big v3.0 release with it having many suggestions they have received over the last few months from their valued SX OS users, so in the meantime grab their v2.9.2 release from their website.

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
But can we boot to other CFW after we restart from SX OS?

After reboot like 16 times....2 of them it restarted on OFW (but after some issues from themes intalled, so maybe this affected the feature) and if you hold "volume +" wile the sx logo splash you can choise to launch OFW or CFW or other payload. I don't know if we can edit this feature or change some file to force other payload.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
<reply to deleted post, sorry for edit>

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After reboot like 16 times....2 of them it restarted on OFW (but after some issues from themes intalled, so maybe this affected the feature) and if you hold "volume +" wile the sx logo splash you can choise to launch OFW or CFW or other payload. I don't know if we can edit this feature or change some file to force other payload.
I think we'd need to SSH into the dongle itself and edit which boot file it searches for. It looks for boot.dat by default, but primary.bin would be nice.

Last edited by linuxares,

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Don’t be stupid if I am running my own retail back ups with the required certificates dumped in xci format then yes you can, because yes it makes perfect sense and tbh if I want to use my own xci dumped backups online I should be able too without problems. What your saying is retarded, your trying to say a broken stealth mode that breaks xci emulation when you turn it off for software to freeze is ok??? What planet are you on! It’s obviously not normal stop defending TX and trying to make out it’s normal procedure, it’s not! Try it for yourself you don’t have to go directly online just too test this issue out, just turn off stealth mode and try to start the actual xci Mario Maker 2 game, it freezes on the title screen.. and so does super smash bros and that’s not normal.

Edit: also please don’t tell me what I shouldn’t be doing when I have been playing online gaming xci backups for over 2 years now! I know what I am doing
I think you forgot to take your meds...

Condemned87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats good work! It's very stable, everythings runs fine. Stealth mode was improved and finally implemented reboot to SX OS. Nice!

before i update i would like to know something about the rebboting Feature. Can i turn it of? if no how kan i boot now into the original Firmware?

Just power off your switch - then you can start ofw as always.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you forgot to take your meds...
No, you see that’s where you’re completely wrong I am the only one that is talking any sense!! I mean, if you turn stealth mode off regardless whether it’s connected to your WiFi or not, booting Mario Maker 2 or Super Smash Bros as examples and they freeze on the title screens I would say that’s a big issue but others seem to think not.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Your attitude sucks.

Using your official game cart on OFW is a work around for a bug you're running into. What's so hard about dealing with this situation in a civilized fashion?
I think you deserve an explanation I may of been a bit rude towards yourselves in my comments so I am sorry for the hostility. It was my birthday yesterday I got up early, UK time to catch the train to London I saw in the morning you had released a new revision I assumed the xci issues were resolved. I was on the train, booted up MM2 one of my favourite titles and it froze on me again I was a bit annoyed at the time this is why I took to my phone asap and wrote the comments.

Last edited by Reecey,

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the splatoon xci is broken for me as well.. i can get through the opening intro onto to get hit with an error when trying to go into a lobby,, and no im not banned.. and i dumped the splatoon cart on my system, so i know it cant be a bad dump when it was working fine pre 9.0

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you deserve an explanation I may of been a bit rude towards yourselves in my comments so I am sorry for the hostility. It was my birthday yesterday I got up early, UK time to catch the train to London I saw in the morning you had released a new revision I assumed the xci issues were resolved. I was on the train, booted up MM2 one of my favourite titles and it froze on me again I was a bit annoyed at the time this is why I took to my phone asap and wrote the comments.
Mmm dude I tested with my banned console, the xci that I tested are fine with stealth mode off, maybe you could try re doing the xci with the tool and inject the header?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm dude I tested with my banned console, the xci that I tested are fine with stealth mode off, maybe you could try re doing the xci with the tool and inject the header?
Did you test it under emunand hidden partition on firmware 9.0.1? Thanks but yes I have already tested this method I have dumped it twice already with wain 2.0.4r dumper, it has the same problem. Others have reported both Mario Maker 2 & Super Smash Bros freeze on team xecuters forums so it cannot just be me. It doesn’t make sense anyway because it works fine with stealth mode on?

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Removed reply to trashed post

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you test it under emunand hidden partition on firmware 9.0.1? Thanks but yes I have already tested this method I have dumped it twice already with wain 2.0.4r dumper, it has the same problem. Others have reported both Mario Maker 2 & Super Smash Bros freeze on team xecuters forums so it cannot just be me. It doesn’t make sense anyway because it works fine with stealth mode on?

Woah, hold on a minute who do you think you’re talking too like that? That’s disgusting!!! watch your language calling me a “piece of shit” you’re going way to far, there's no need for that! sometimes the only way to get through, is what they say being> "crawl to be kind"
I just tested on a hidden 9.0.1 emunand smash bros and it works fine with stealth mode off, well the xci that I had that is the first rip of the scene

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s what....hidden emunand is for! To use online without 100% worrying about a total ban, yes there is always a risk involved but no way near as much as if you used online booting in cfw. I’ve been using this method with sxos since certification injection became an option without issues over 2 years ago!

If you went online with SX OS prior to emunand being a feature (though not banned), is it pointless to use emunand as a method to lessen (not eliminate) the odds of being banned? Or is it still an option?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you went online with SX OS prior to emunand being a feature (though not banned), is it pointless to use emunand as a method to lessen (not eliminate) the odds of being banned? Or is it still an option?
If you made a backup od a clean nand and haven't connected to Nintendo servers you can restore the backup, create an emunand and connect officially to Nintendo servers while on OFW

Reactions: sorabora

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
FYI - UK internet providers are now blocking access to SXOS and Team Xecutter websites - as well as the ability to check on the switch for updates. You can use a vpn to bypass this limitation or just use opera web browser as it has a built in VPN and you can access those updates that way.

Reactions: matias3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too