TX Presents SX OS v2.9.2 Beta - With Improved Stealth Mode and More!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 7, 2019.

1. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    But can we boot to other CFW after we restart from SX OS?

2. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    After reboot like 16 times....2 of them it restarted on OFW (but after some issues from themes intalled, so maybe this affected the feature) and if you hold "volume +" wile the sx logo splash you can choise to launch OFW or CFW or other payload. I don't know if we can edit this feature or change some file to force other payload.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    <reply to deleted post, sorry for edit>

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think we'd need to SSH into the dongle itself and edit which boot file it searches for. It looks for boot.dat by default, but primary.bin would be nice.

Last edited by linuxares, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:25 AM
  4. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    your signature looks like an emoji. Makes me think you're bummed no matter the message.

5. Krazyeye

Krazyeye Just Keep On Keepin' On!

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    I think you forgot to take your meds...

PitPitPit, nantalos and Absintu like this.
  6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for letting us know.

7. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    Oh you mean like how Nintendo stopped patching the 3ds when it stopped production? Oh wait...

8. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It is. Like basically anything piracy-related today

9. Condemned87

Condemned87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    Germany
    Thats good work! It's very stable, everythings runs fine. Stealth mode was improved and finally implemented reboot to SX OS. Nice!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just power off your switch - then you can start ofw as always.

10. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    No, you see that’s where you’re completely wrong I am the only one that is talking any sense!! I mean, if you turn stealth mode off regardless whether it’s connected to your WiFi or not, booting Mario Maker 2 or Super Smash Bros as examples and they freeze on the title screens I would say that’s a big issue but others seem to think not.

11. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I think you deserve an explanation I may of been a bit rude towards yourselves in my comments so I am sorry for the hostility. It was my birthday yesterday I got up early, UK time to catch the train to London I saw in the morning you had released a new revision I assumed the xci issues were resolved. I was on the train, booted up MM2 one of my favourite titles and it froze on me again I was a bit annoyed at the time this is why I took to my phone asap and wrote the comments.

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 8, 2019 at 12:02 PM
  12. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    the splatoon xci is broken for me as well.. i can get through the opening intro onto to get hit with an error when trying to go into a lobby,, and no im not banned.. and i dumped the splatoon cart on my system, so i know it cant be a bad dump when it was working fine pre 9.0

13. mickthestud
    This message by mickthestud has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:39 PM, Reason: Off topic bickering.
    Oct 8, 2019 at 1:44 PM
  14. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    Mmm dude I tested with my banned console, the xci that I tested are fine with stealth mode off, maybe you could try re doing the xci with the tool and inject the header?

Tumbleweed and gizmomelb like this.
  15. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Did you test it under emunand hidden partition on firmware 9.0.1? Thanks but yes I have already tested this method I have dumped it twice already with wain 2.0.4r dumper, it has the same problem. Others have reported both Mario Maker 2 & Super Smash Bros freeze on team xecuters forums so it cannot just be me. It doesn’t make sense anyway because it works fine with stealth mode on?

Last edited by Joe88, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:39 PM - Reason: Removed reply to trashed post
  16. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    can we update to 9.01 with choidojour by now or is there still that bis key error?

17. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    If you read a little bit you would see other posts saying they had no issues with the latest version of choidojour + latest SX OS

shadoom likes this.
  18. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    I just tested on a hidden 9.0.1 emunand smash bros and it works fine with stealth mode off, well the xci that I had that is the first rip of the scene

19. sorabora

sorabora GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    If you went online with SX OS prior to emunand being a feature (though not banned), is it pointless to use emunand as a method to lessen (not eliminate) the odds of being banned? Or is it still an option?

20. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    If you made a backup od a clean nand and haven't connected to Nintendo servers you can restore the backup, create an emunand and connect officially to Nintendo servers while on OFW

sorabora likes this.
  21. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    FYI - UK internet providers are now blocking access to SXOS and Team Xecutter websites - as well as the ability to check on the switch for updates. You can use a vpn to bypass this limitation or just use opera web browser as it has a built in VPN and you can access those updates that way.

matias3ds likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted