TX Presents SX OS v2.9.2 Beta - With Improved Stealth Mode and More!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Yes, see the Tinfoil website. Blawar made everyone use Mercury because he didn't figure out how to expand the RAM limit for applets. And surprise, it's an nx-hbloader fork with missing license and copyright notice!

Essasetic likes this.
  2. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The guy makes good apps. It's just a shame he does stupid shit like this.

hippy dave likes this.
  3. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    Nice update, but I was really hoping for faster USB scanning. Maybe they could implement some sort of db that will only scan for changes.

4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Spoken like a proper Chav

lisko and PitPitPit like this.
  5. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

GBAtemp Patron
    MarkDarkness is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Can anybody give a quick summary on how "Local Multiplayer over the internet" works?

sawao_yama likes this.
  6. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    I wouldnt mind if there was a way to make it boot to sxos by default.

7. noreason4

noreason4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    One more question: Which version of choidujour is recommenced with the latest SX OS 2.9.2 to update to 9.0.1?

8. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    For now the only issue is you can't install lock screen themes, because it crash in boot screen, the reboot features work 9/10 times (i reboot a lot because i install various themes and first need to power off and then i reboot to check evrything it's working).

9. Espen84

Espen84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Norway
    There would be a dream if sxos integrated a media player/center in their sxos like kodi or something similar. But I guess it's just a dream of nostalgic, like the original xbox back in the day. That was freaking awesome the complete homebrew console

10. mav2010

mav2010 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2018
    Germany
    Just did it with SXOS 2.9.2 and ChoidujourNX 1.0.2, upgraded to 9.0.1. Everything worked perfectly fine.

11. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    Lets get it straight, is this the same implementation as the Atmosphere one? Does this means if you now restart your console (both Atmosphere and SX OS) you will avoid booting to OFW and avoid burning fuses? And about crashes, I never experienced and seen crashes on the Switch, are there crashes that can reboot you directly to OFW (normally) without any popups/error messages..... is that avoided?

12. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Don’t be stupid if I am running my own retail back ups with the required certificates dumped in xci format then yes you can, because yes it makes perfect sense and tbh if I want to use my own xci dumped backups online I should be able too without problems. What your saying is retarded, your trying to say a broken stealth mode that breaks xci emulation when you turn it off for software to freeze is ok??? What planet are you on! It’s obviously not normal stop defending TX and trying to make out it’s normal procedure, it’s not! Try it for yourself you don’t have to go directly online just too test this issue out, just turn off stealth mode and try to start the actual xci Mario Maker 2 game, it freezes on the title screen.. and so does super smash bros and that’s not normal.

Edit: also please don’t tell me what I shouldn’t be doing when I have been playing online gaming xci backups for over 2 years now! I know what I am doing

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 7, 2019
  13. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    Your attitude sucks.

Using your official game cart on OFW is a work around for a bug you're running into. What's so hard about dealing with this situation in a civilized fashion?

nantalos and gizmomelb like this.
  14. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    It’s not that I have had several comments telling me I shouldn’t be doing it I have been going online with my xci dumped backups for over 2 years now with the required certificates and it’s obviously breaking xci emulation when you turn stealth mode off I’m just saying it’s an issue and needs addressing I don’t need telling I shouldn’t be doing it also I do use emunand under hidden partition my ofw is on firmware 4.1.0 so I cannot go online. I’m sorry if I sound a bit out of line I don’t mean too but I have told TX about this issue since beta 2.9.0 came out so it should of been fixed they just ignored it.

Edit: anyway before you start riding your team xecuter high horse I have spent hours of my own time helping others with your sxos related issues so please show me a tad bit of gratitude please. As well as “a lot of money” spent on team xecuter products just remember that!

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 7, 2019
  15. WiikeyHacker
    This message by WiikeyHacker has been removed from public view by linuxares, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM, Reason: trash.
    Oct 7, 2019
  16. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    Funny thing that some people had access to a way of loading xcis 2 years ago.

Sx OS was released june 2018. No other way of loading xci files is known by the public. First xci backups didn't use their own certificate in sx os. That's a feature that came with v1.1

Last edited by xabier, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    PitPitPit and gizmomelb like this.
  17. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    Yes they did if they were properly dumped.

18. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    SX: Stealth Mode is NOT broken
    Also SX: Hey guys! We fixed improved Stealth Mode!!!

19. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    No matter what dump you used, v1.0 didn't support certificates and burned efuses. I suffered from the efuses burning, no problem with xci not loading the certs, didn't get banned.

20. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    I still think modding the switch's firmware this early in its life is stupid wait until its stopped production not when nintendo keep patching it.

21. Shadowghul91

Shadowghul91 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    Germany
    Tested! After uninstalling Auto rcm it boots in Sx Os after restart and after turning off and on again, atleast for me

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted