Hacking TX Presents SX OS v2.9.1 BETA - With Improved v9.0 Firmware Support!

Ygolonac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The native sx installer does not bypass suggested firmware but the SX Installer homebrew app which is just a port of tinfoil with a few extra features does, it can be obtained off the tx website
thanks. Is this just for updates or can it bypass firmware requirements for full games?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And about users who prefer to continue on 8.1.0? Is version 2.9.1 better and more stable than 2.8 or not worth update SX OS yet?
are you getting stability issues? - if so just try it out, otherwise perhaps stay as you are if you have no wish to upgrade currently
don’t fix what ain’t broke my ma used to say

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
even AveSatantas acknowledges that 90dns isn't blocking all nintendo servers at the moment, so it's not just SX OS stealth mode letting through traffic.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/page-21
So better delete the wifi connection in emunand? Usually I'm always in airplane mode but I turn it off when I have to update SX or transfer some files via ftp.

What I'm wondering is should I also remove the ethernet cable while docked on emunand?

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So better delete the wifi connection in emunand? Usually I'm always in airplane mode but I turn it off when I have to update SX or transfer some files via ftp.

What I'm wondering is should I also remove the ethernet cable while docked on emunand?
Yes, ethernet is always connected to the internet even with airplane mode on!

Last edited by kornjaca200,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Update on Stealth Mode issue: We investigated the rumour that stealth mode is broken on SX OS 2.9(.1). So far it seems this is NOT entirely the case. If you have an eShop account linked to your console, and go into eShop some HTTPS traffic will flow in the direction of bugyo and Google analytics and such. The bugyo server is an unauthenticated frontend for eShop. Endpoints like dauth are fully blocked which can be observed by seeing that any such connections exhibit the SYN-SYNACK-FIN sequence, and no actual SSL/TLS frames pass through the connection. Which has always been the behavior of stealth mode with SX OS. We will see what we can do about blocking these other SSL connections. But it appears there's no imminent big risk, especially not if you simply don't access the eShop.
What are they gabbing on about? Stealth mode is clearly broken, have you tested it? If you turn it off it breaks xci emulation quite obviously. Yes it still blocks telemetry urls you only have to test the speed test in settings it fails so it’s not directing any internet traffic to the switch you only have to test this yourself and also TX is very aware of the issues.

Edit: is this supposed to be an update from TX themselves I doubt it! This statement was claimed on the discord channel but I cannot see this, TX knows that stealth mode is clearly broken so why would they state it’s “not entirely the case”

Last edited by Reecey,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: is this supposed to be an update from TX themselves I doubt it! This statement was claimed on the discord channel but I cannot see this, TX knows that stealth mode is clearly broken so why would they state it’s “not entirely the case”
Yes that's a quote from TX, tho credible devs have said it's inaccurate.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that's a quote from TX, tho credible devs have said it's inaccurate.
Thanks.
It doesn’t sound very “credible” to me, stealth does work, it blocks internet traffic to the device but the stealth setup it self is causing issues for the xci emulation so it doesn’t work in that sense.

Edit: @hippy dave> you mentioned TX had there top credible dev to update...I was just wandering which one that might be because there’s so many? :P

Last edited by Reecey,

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are they gabbing on about? Stealth mode is clearly broken, have you tested it? If you turn it off it breaks xci emulation quite obviously. Yes it still blocks telemetry urls you only have to test the speed test in settings it fails so it’s not directing any internet traffic to the switch you only have to test this yourself and also TX is very aware of the issues.

This is a quote from the TX discord on the announcement page, don't shoot the messenger. I'm aware there is an issue with XCI loading due to stealth mode, I had that listed on my warnings thread for a couple days now. I'm not saying there aren't problems with stealth mode, I was just relaying the announcement since people were asking about it.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a quote from the TX discord on the announcement page, don't shoot the messenger. I'm aware there is an issue with XCI loading due to stealth mode, I had that listed on my warnings thread for a couple days now. I'm not saying there aren't problems with stealth mode, I was just relaying the announcement since people were asking about it.
Sorry yes I realised this after I commented, you had just copied I thought first of all you was quoting that, my bad!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?