NULL

TX Presents SX OS v2.5.1 BETA - Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Guys at the least you should be supporting me not trying to belittle me I’m trying to make a point here to Nintendo that they cannot go banning consoles without at least a very good reason for the ban, no reason given to me rings bells in my mind that they are trying to hide something. As far as pirate software goes no your wrong all my games are bought and have original certificates I never used a pirate game online once I used a “backup” online several times which to me nothings wrong. I own those games & console and I have a right to do what I wish with it unless I am flaunting the law and it’s theft or selling for profit. Anyway I’m going to have a crack at it whether you support me or not I’m not bothered but to me it’s unreasonable and unfair and without justification to back it up in my terms that’s wrong.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry I can’t tell if you’re being serious or just sarcastic? The chances of them taking up a case like this and running up legal fees into the millions would be remote, it would most likely get settled in my favour before it ever reached court.

Last edited by Reecey, Jan 5, 2019
    peteruk likes this.
  2. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    And that's where you're wrong.
    By using the console you accepted the EULA. Which specifically state that you're not allowed to use any kind of hack or circumventing software. Whether your "backup" is legit or not is irrelevant as you need to hack the console to use it. Since from your own admission you used it you broke the EULA which gives Nintendo justification to ban you.
    The same EULA also states they don't have to justify their decision.
    You only have a case if you never, ever used any kind of hack on your console.

3. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    EULAs are not enforcable if it's not allowed by law. For example Nintendo could state in their EULA you must sacrifice your firstborn to play with a Switch. But that's not enforcable because that part would be illegal.

As a consumer you have rights which are protected by law which not even a EULA can remove from you.

Reecey and thaikhoa like this.
  4. Scitzo

Scitzo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2018
    United States
    While true, this thread has obviously derailed in multiple paths.

Anyways, as far as Nintendo allowing online play access, they can and will legally ban any and every console they so wish from -their- online servers. No law will protect any of us from that.

They could decide tomorrow that they want to ban 28 of us for having green hair, and theres not a single thing we could do about it. Sure, we could -start- a lawsuit, but it would be dead in the water and pointless. I know you already know this but clearly theres throngs here who don't.

Reecey likes this.
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    That admission was to you guys only, you don’t honestly think that I have made a full admission to Nintendo about all of this? That’s a tad bit different, they would have to prove that is the case in my position. Yes the user above is right this thread is getting derailed let’s just move on.

Last edited by Reecey, Jan 5, 2019
  6. Bumblecito

Bumblecito Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Mexico
    LayeredFS is still broken.
    XSOS 2.5.1 EmuNAND 6.0.2 SysNAND 4.1
    Tested NES Online Mod, none extra game is working (app force close) stock games working fine.

Forget it, the issue was my games mod.
    SXOS 2.5.1 works like a charm.

Last edited by Bumblecito, Jan 7, 2019
  7. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    How does one use the network features if not trying to go online?

8. MrGizMo

MrGizMo GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Anyone updated from 2.4 beta to this?

Dont know if anything is going to be F*cked up

9. asscookie17

asscookie17 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2014
    Canada
    Toronto
    Everything working fine for me

10. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    Bug: Installing + deleting split NSP can crash the switch.

Install Split NSP>Select yes to delete installation files>Homebrew apps start to show in the "installer" tab, when this happens;
    Pressing HOME button prevents crash. Pressing anything else will crash.

6.2, sx 2.5.1, Fat32
    Happens when installing to either SD and NAND.

NON-split NSP install fine, seems like split XCI are having install issues as well, haven't gone too deep into it yet.

Last edited by Illuminaticy, Jan 6, 2019
  11. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    I just created a fresh EmuNand on hidden partition, but in the TX main menu the EmuNand is always set to disabled above the Launch CFW button. Cannot enable it. Anyone knows how to fix this?

12. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Check on your SD whether it has the hidden partition?

13. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    you need to be specific about "features", but the first step is to configure your switch's wireless to use a DNS that blocks (hides) Nintendo servers. This is so you 1) don't download FW updates and 2) don't send info about your console to Nintendo's servers. If you Google "switch DNS", the 4th link tells you all you need to know.

Last edited by urherenow, Jan 7, 2019
    ganons likes this.
  14. SpaceJump

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    It does have it.

15. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Use HxD to see the raw data of the SD whether it has TX header on the first 1024 bytes ?

16. SpaceJump

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Can you go more into detail?

EDIT: Downloaded HxD. How can I open anything hidden partition related? As far as I can see HxD can only opens files.

Last edited by SpaceJump, Jan 7, 2019
  17. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Do you have a valid license?

18. SpaceJump

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Yes, I do.

19. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Use a free windows program called SD formatter to wipe your card, and resize it back to it's original size (this will wipe the partition data). Then create your emunand again, as clearly somethings gone wrong.

20. SpaceJump

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Ok I found the cause of the problem. Something is wrong with my generated license file. Although on the activation page I get a success message when uploading my license-request.dat and can download a license file, my Switch reports that the license is not valid for my Switch. What can I do now? Is this a known issue?