TX Presents SX Installer v3.01 - Now with SMB (Samba) and Cloud Saves

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Skirlez

Skirlez GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2018
    Israel
  2. cheungpakwan

cheungpakwan GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    copy folder from usb to micro-sd still error (double folder path)
    sxos/title/ become sxos/sxos/title/

3. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Anyone else doesn't know what all this about and only use SX to load XCI from the SD card

4. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    TX users have been saying for a long time that they want samba support to easily access there files, and here it is. Does it really matter to the users who wrote which lines of code? Nope, just that it works :)

Which CFW supports Samba / Windows File Shares, Dropbox, Google Drive, USB HDD, cloud game saves, XCI's, auto mounting XCI's? Only SX OS :switch:

5. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    Omg lol get over it fan boys TX brings out stuff and I like and have a use for it I will use it, others bring out stuff and I have a use for and I like it I will use it, who cares if they take ideas from each other , hell Song and Microsoft do it all the time , no blinks a eye

6. WRC

WRC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    Spain
    wait. support for xcz files??? It's actually supported yet? Or I am missing something?

7. johu1.j

johu1.j Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Czech Republic
    Can someone send me a link in PM? Their site is down.. :/

Edit: Already find that, sorry for spam. :)

Last edited by johu1.j, Nov 11, 2019
  8. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    No one answered me and I havent even turned my switch yet so I ddidnt try the update, is the USB HDD fix really to now be able to finally use all usb pen drives\HDD or there's still problems with some usb flash pens working and others not?
    I always have my switch OFF so it's always much faster for me to move from PC... My current Kingston A1 128GB mSD keeps it at around 70MB\s+, My friend latest Sandisk A2 128 GB is around 80MB\s continuous, so it moves games quite fast on my laptop PCI-e card reader...

And also if you have a fast USB 3.0 pen that works on your switch doesnt take anything at all to just move games from PC at like around 100MBs or more depending on how fast is the pen drive or external SSD or whatever and you can just install the NSP directly from it on the Switch or play them directly from the USB if its XCI...

Last edited by guily6669, Nov 12, 2019
  9. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    MY 500gb SSD drive works again for me:), I was wondering why it had stopped working in the first place:unsure:, I didn't realise it had a HDD bug, I thought my SD card might have become corrupted :cry:

I doubt it fixes that ALL USB devices work thou.

Last edited by JoeBloggs777, Nov 12, 2019
  10. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    But before the update did your HDD worked?

On all SX Installer versions I had tried it didnt work with my usb pen drive, it just does nothing, doesnt even load it up while my friend crap old slow pen drive works... I have the latest version of SX installer before this one, never turned my switch for a while, didnt try this one yet and won't bother installing it if the problem is still there and wouldn't read my USB pen drive...

I also barely never use SX installer, I always install games from album and load up the XCI from there and never install them either...

fixingmytoys likes this.
  11. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    yes it did work with my SSD drive before but it looks like v3.0 had a HDD bug in it and now with this version it works again. I in the past I've tired a few usb sticks and i don't think SXinstaller detected them :sad:

I don't use it to install games, what i use it for was copying games from my external SSD drive to SD drive in the switch, so I rarely have to take the SD card out of the switch.

12. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    tinfoil 6.0.1 fixes the double folder name bug

13. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    If you re-download sx installer from the sx portal downloads page. That and 3 other bugs have been silently fixed.

snoofly likes this.
  14. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    same, I don’t know why they done just build it in to album software in SX, I don’t see the point o fb hoping in to a “loader” to load another “loader” to load a game lol

15. fluggy2003

fluggy2003 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2015
    Just realised another bug thats really annoying. Never noticed this before but any time I enter sleep mode with an installed XCI it gives me the "game cart was removed" error. Knew this happened when loading XCIs from album and going into sleep mode but hadnt noticed it happen with XCIs actually installed on the SD card. Any fix for this?

16. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi Blawar, Thanks as always for your programs, is it easy to setup the samba support or do I need a tutorial to get this working ?

Thanks again.

gizmomelb likes this.
  17. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I totally agree opening the album it should be already integrated all the extra features of the SX installer instead of having to open it up like a homebrew app from the album which does the same as the album but with way more features that maybe they could have integrated all in the album it self without needing to open the album to then open SX installer lol...

And I hope they add the OC feature for games soon too...

18. LoggerMan

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    So we can load games now over wifi? Is it faster than ftp, because I used that to get to recovered game saves and put a game on while i was at it and it took a long time to transfer.

19. Vanyle

Vanyle Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2018
    Germany
    Hey guys, i need some help woth the smb support.
    I´m trying to connect to my synology nas (working fine for/with every other device), but for some reason i can´t get it to work with the installer.
    Protocol is set to "smb", host and path are pretty much self explaining ...the only reason i can think of right now is that my port setting is empty. if so: what should i add here?

Moko likes this.
  20. Moko

Moko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    Germany
    you can leave the port free, works fine with my Synology nas
    note that files from subdirectories are not displayed
    and I think I read that there should be no spaces in the path (but I'm not sure)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted