TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Aug 9, 2019.

1. cheungpakwan

cheungpakwan GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    is this version can copy files inside a folder example : /sxos/titles/xxxx/cheats/zzzz.txt
    (from usbhdd to sdmc) ?

2. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    I get a lot of errors when updating the firmware using tinfoil. First try it just said it couldn't delete the NCA files (20 times). After reboot it says I need a software update in order to use a gamecart. In the menu I can perform an update it it looks like it is working.

On the second try it keeps giving errors that it failed to register {long string} and failed to register placeholder NCA {long string}
    After reboot it says I need a software update in order to use a gamecart again.

Edit: I just updated with ChoiDujourNX and now all is well.
    Edit2: It still shows the update 8.1.0 in system updates section eventhough I do have that now.

Last edited by jaysea, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Thanks for updating the installer it took a while but worth it I’m mainly interested in the firmware grade options. I wander if this does a fuse check on downgrading I think this would of been a good feature for lots of users because it seems a big problem with ChoiDujournx, it sounds like it does, grade with ease and safety but no actual confirmation on this. That would be very good idea as an easy option so you could run a quick check on your fuse count without having to actually force grading your switch or having to run hekate I should think most users forget what there switch firmware was originally on before flashing.

Last edited by Reecey, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Zaiphon
    This message by Zaiphon has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 10, 2019, Reason: Not image board / trolling.
    Aug 10, 2019
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I help people with SX OS. In fact, I did so in this very thread.

I just can't recommend using SX OS for various reasons I won't re-litigate here. I've also never made any "assumptions" about SX OS.

I would appreciate it if you would tag me if you're going to talk about me.

6. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Which FW version did you upgrade from?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Interrupting a bootloop with an exploit like fusee gelee is arguably a type of softbrick-repair. Lots of brick-repairs work similarly (i.e. loading something in a recovery mode in order to interrupt the bootloop, with or without an exploit).

Like I said before, by your logic, any repairable bootloop isn't a brick. If that's how you want to define a brick (i.e. You don't acknowledge the existence of softbricks), that's fine, but it's not how I look at it.

No, and please don't be disingenuous. A softbrick is defined as a device that may show signs of life but boots unsuccessfully, and it's usually repairable. If pressing the power button causes a device to boot successfully, it's not bricked.

Like I said earlier, this is an argument soley about semantics, and these types of arguments don't hold my interest for very long.

monkeyman4412 likes this.
  8. Smellysocks84

Smellysocks84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Norway
  9. LukySplatoon

LukySplatoon GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2016
    Belgium
    When I launch the nro, my switch crashes. I don't understand why :(
    EDIT: I'm on Emunand and sx os 2.8. My fw is 8.0.1

Last edited by LukySplatoon, Aug 10, 2019
  10. rastan

rastan Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2003
    Italy
    damn when i start the new installer, it gives me an error when try to inititialize at start !
    anyone like me?

11. stewacide

stewacide GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    Ditto. I use both SX and Atmosphere, but I could use just SX if it overclocked.

12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Making on-console downgrades easier seems like a recipe for disaster. Seen many people softbrick from trying to downgrade with ChoiDujourNX.
    garyopa is not a staff member here. It brings money to MaxConsole, GBAtemp doesn't get a cent.

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Edit: Accidental double post, mods feel free to delete.

14. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Yup, same here:

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  15. rastan

rastan Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2003
    Italy
    exactly, i tried with Album or directly (with R), no matter what: it simply crash :(
    any solution?
    Im also on latest beta 2.8 and 8.01 emunand

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  16. xRock

xRock Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2019
    France
    Wasn't working for me neither at the beginning.
    Then I removed themes folder in /switch/sx/ (sdcard) and it worked!

17. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 10, 2019
  18. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    From 8.0.1 to 8.1.0
    Using sx installer 2.0.0 and sx os 2.8 beta

19. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    -snip-

I never said anything about hating AutoRCM, where'd you bring that anyway. I just don't personally recommend it because it requires a payload everytime. Which is inconvenient for me because i don't have a dongle. AutoRCM is just a edit to the console that makes the switch bootloader to panic so it is a 'fault'. Tegra X1 in switch isn't manufactured by Nintendo. Nintendo just orders it, and Nvidia's keys are there by default.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2019 - Reason: Removed deleted post quote
    Josshy0125 likes this.
  20. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    Won't matter to me until a softmod that doesn't destroy Joy-Cons is found on the latest firmware. Ninjhax and Loadiine was found a mere three years after the systems' respective original releases. PSOload and Twilight Hack were found two years after.
    And it's not like we were ever far behind when Nintendo got a hold of themselves. Seedminer and Bannerbomb followed up not long after the original hacks were patched, and Letterbomb happened when Bannerbomb got patched.
    Compare that to now. NX-HBMenu got patched, fusee-gelee won't work on all Switches, and what has the community done? My best guess is that they have just sat there, building upon their software rather than cracking the firmware. It feels like the Switch scene thinks that just because some Switches will be hackable until the end of time, they don't need to find any new exploits. That idea is just plain stupid because the Switch Lite is coming out in a little over a month.
    Plenty of us have been waiting, either because our Switches are too new, we can't afford new Joy-Cons, or in my case, I'm not allowed to hack my Switch until 2020. There's no way that a system is so stable that it can't be hacked at all. Please...find a way.

21. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Jigs don't destroy the joycons? Where did you get that? The only case i think it would destroy is the Joycon pin bending or the Tinfoil method which can fry the system.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just get one on ebay they are like 2 dollars.

22. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    I still can't get over that it's a Tinfoil fork and it's closed source. Makes me chuckle everytime.

23. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    You made me remember this;

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted