TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You're the one who offered up a nonsense solution to bricking an ipatched Switch with AutoRCM.

2. ScrPotato
    This message by ScrPotato has been removed from public view by x65943, Aug 10, 2019, Reason: One word post.
    Aug 10, 2019
  3. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Some people have been reporting 'tinfoil' login errors.

90% of the time this is caused because your date/time on your Switch is not correct, and the proper https SSL handshake can not be completed.

You would get the same problem if your Windows 10 PC had an out of date clock and you tried to browse the web securely via https.

Set the clock on your Switch to the correct current date/time for your region, and restart your Switch and these errors should disappear.

gizmomelb likes this.
  4. Plunt

Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Can anyone confirm if split xci files are working yet over USB? Not at home for the weekend and can't check myself

5. ninjistix

ninjistix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    why drop box support and not google drive support?

6. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Google drive is making very hard to grab large files.

First you need a randomize token, and then you need to skip pass the 'large files / virus warning / download anyway' and on slow connections the randomize token changes alot.

2018 no problem, early 2019 a little harder, since June 2019 gdrive support is not easy, unless you split up the package in tons of little chunks and then piece together the tokens and chunks, and only then it works via api which is rate-limited.

7. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Heh.
    I will say though that @Lacius is one of if not the most helpful guy on here.
    Never brings drama, just useful advice.

Lacius likes this.
  8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    still waiting for them to let us convert NSP to XCI on the Switch itself, without a PC.

9. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Installer keeps crashing no matter how I launch it (album -> SX interface or any other app -> hbl menu). I tried my card as either exFAT or FAT32. Keeps crashing and never loads. Any thoughts?

10. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    :rofl2: he can be helpful as long as it has nothing to do with SX, just search for SX posts where he 'assumes' many things about SX and TX, I doubt he would call himself a TX fan :D. But for his efforts from the 3DS days and anything not to do with SX or TX he can and usually is very helpful :)

Josshy0125, jajamundo and gizmomelb like this.
  11. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    A brick requires you to repair it to boot, autorcm doesn't require repairing to boot.

It takes user action to boot it, but then all switches require user action to boot.

Is it a brick because it doesn't boot until you press the power button?

AFAIK the RCM signing keys are provided by Nintendo. By default Tegra RCM is unsigned, each vendor sets their own private keys during manufacture to prevent others from running code.

It would be quite odd if Tesla had the ability to sign code that would run on a Switch in RCM and Nintendo could sign code to run on a Tesla in RCM mode.

How we describe things is always about perspective. I don't see the benefit in referring to AutoRCM with language used to describe faults, unless you're doing it to influence people into joining the anti AutoRCM cult.

Last edited by smf, Aug 10, 2019
  12. badpix11

badpix11 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    Fairy World
    How about the other 10% when the switch stays offline/airplane mode? Why can we not just disable the login?

13. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    more importantly.. ALWAYS download the newest version (even if it is a beta) of SX OS from their website and install that on your SD card.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

probably because they are looking to just argue for the sake of it

also if they start up the atmos vs SX OS shit again the mods will be all over them.

it's nice to see the SX Installer updated - the updates that have been going into tinfoil and lithium are appreciated to be seen in the ''official SX installer'' so you don't see end users being confused over all the suggestions of which NSP installed is ''best'' (it's subjective anyways).

Blawar was talking about having firmware update / downgrades in tinfoil months ago - I can see it being useful for people knowing what they are doing, but I do worry about it being used by the general non technical populace. Much like there are a load of atmos users who don't know how to update between versions, downgrading firmwares under SX OS could cause issues - maybe adding a disclosure that firmware changes are best used under emuNAND would help. (though generally with the NSP installer you can change the minimum needed firmware on the NSP for it to work, so it's a technical, but not really useful feature imo).

14. SwitchHack

SwitchHack GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2018
    Japan
    waiting for overclocking support.

15. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    Lol never trust boomers with Link of ZeldaTWW pics

ScrPotato and gizmomelb like this.
  16. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    that would be in an SX OS update, not any app updates.

17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Does this also install all in one XCIs made with the NSC builder by @JRoad ?

18. SwitchHack

SwitchHack GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2018
    Japan
    I know, I've been waiting for the SX OS update for some time.
    Otherwise I have to move on to something else.

19. JRoad

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Yes, is the same as tinfoil. If it works like tinfoil just be advised it skips updates in xcis.

20. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    if you *have* to have overclocking, then yes.. please move on.

21. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I can't speak for garyopa, but my opinion is that if SX OS hasn't implemented overclocking after this long, it's a deliberate choice and it isn't going to happen.

gizmomelb likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted