TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It sounds like you installed AutoRCM with the update. Check if your Switch is in RCM and remove AutoRCM if you don't want it.

2. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    I put too much salt on my popcorn :-(((((

3. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    You ARE NOT supposed to install the LATEST FIRMWARE ON A HACKED SWITCH SINCE THAT BREAKS THINGS!

NOT UNTIL IT HAS BEEN FULLY TESTED WITH WHATEVER HOME BREW YOU HAVE! AND EVEN THEN YOU MUST BE CAREFUL AND MAKE BACKUPS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!

Last edited by raxadian, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If it's like ChoiDujourNX, you can downgrade to just about any system version. Some caveats though:
    1. If you downgrade too far, you will probably have to reinitialize the system, which removes all games and save files.
    2. If you downgrade to a version that expects a lower fuse count than you have, the Switch will refuse to boot without a custom bootloader like Hekate or fusee-primary.
    3. If #2 applies, nothing can be gained from a downgrade in this manner. You should be on the system version that comports with your fuse count (or higher).

5. MITSMOUTS

MITSMOUTS Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2018
    Greece
    ok so if my switch stays on a black screen it mean pretty much is bricked right?

6. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Might be RCM, maybe thats what TX's revolutionary fuse skip is.

7. raxadian

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    What's the most used custom homebrew?

And got a link to explain the whole fuse count thing?

8. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses

I personally recommend Atmosphere as CFW

9. Smellysocks84

Smellysocks84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Norway
    I dont think it is. I think its Just like mention over in autorcm mode. And you need to enject payload. Hold down power button 10 to 15 sec, to be sure its off. Push power button And inject payload with sx dongle or what ever you use.

10. MITSMOUTS

MITSMOUTS Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2018
    Greece
    sry guys one final question my xecuter dongle keeps flashing green without changing colour i can only long press to shut it down any ideas?

11. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    *RCM

Someone will get triggered when you say AutoRCM instead of RCM

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you're asking which homebrew application is the most popular, I have no idea. Probably Checkpoint or a method of installing NSP files.

In a nutshell, fuses exist to prevent downgrades. Whenever you boot your system after updating your system version, fuses are permanently burnt. Each system version expects a certain fuse count during the boot process. If you downgrade, but your fuse count is higher than expected, the Switch will refuse to boot.

For example, if I have 10 burnt fuses because I'm on 8.1.0 and I try downgrading to 3.0.0, my Switch will refuse to boot because 3.0.0 expects to see 3 burnt fuses. There is no way to lower your fuse count.

If you want to upgrade without burning fuses, which will allow you to downgrade later, you have two options:
    1. Install AutoRCM with the update. Keeping AutoRCM installed prevents the Switch from burning fuses, since you will always have to use a custom bootloader.
    2. Use an emuNAND. Keeping your sysNAND version low will prevent fuses from being burnt.

13. Smellysocks84

Smellysocks84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Norway
    Ohhj, im so sorry. English is not my native language. Thou i speak english well, my writing not that much =)

14. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Your english good, AutoRCM is different then RCM. People here cause drama for the slightest wrong info.

gizmomelb likes this.
  15. raxadian

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Thank you.

My Switch is on 5.1.0

So there is no way to make it run on older firmware?

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you did nothing to protect your fuse count, then you cannot run anything below 5.1.0 without using fusee gelee first, which means you would get no benefit from downgrading to anything below 5.1.0.

17. MITSMOUTS

MITSMOUTS Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2018
    Greece
    OK so i manages to go threw the booting screen with the sx logo and the options boot custom firmware boot official firmware but whatever i choose it just goes back to black screen

18. BATMAN-

BATMAN- Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    Poland
    Hello guys,

If I am running Emunand and I would want to upgrade my firmware (currently on 7.1.0) using this tool, did I understand it correctly that autoRCM is going to get activated? I heard that its strongly adviced not to use AutoRCM in combination with Emunand. Would love to hear back from someone who upgraded from a lower firmware to a newer one and is running Emunand. Big thanks in advance everyone

19. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    My recommendation is to use ChoiDujourNX currently since there are a lot of guides of it.

20. Smellysocks84

Smellysocks84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Norway
    Ok, im sorry. My intention was to help. Dont wont any drama.. Hehe. Trie to charge your dongle. But flashes green, dont that idikate that it injected the payload?

I have the same happen to me after firmware update, that its Black and i had some problem inject payload. But then i Just hold down power button for some time, and tried again, and it booted after some tries and errors if you mange to make it boot again, make a nand backup, so you can fix problems and dont brick your switch